Sign in to follow this  
Guest Mr. Razzcocks

Summer Transfer Rumours Thread.

Re: Summer Transfer Rumours Thread.

http://www.football-rumours.co.uk/preston-rumours.php

Just found this website ^.

Probably be a more interesting read for Steve but others may find it interesting. Some rumours I could see happening and some very doubtful to be honest, St Ledger -> Ipswich (Maybe even Southampton as Ashh mentioned)

Treacy -> Forest, I think thats highly unlikely now Davies has been sacked if he was to raid North End. Might be the new blues boss soon though, doubt he would touch Forest with a barge pole to be honest anymore, so he won't sign players from there if he is Brum manager ;)

http://www.football-rumours.co.uk/preston-rumours.php

Just found this website ^.

Probably be a more interesting read for Steve but others may find it interesting. Some rumours I could see happening and some very doubtful to be honest' date=' St Ledger -> Ipswich (Maybe even Southampton as Ashh mentioned)

Treacy -> Forest, I think thats highly unlikely now Davies has been sacked if he was to raid North End. Might be the new blues boss soon though, doubt he would touch Forest with a barge pole to be honest anymore, so he won't sign players from there if he is Brum manager ;)[/quote']

I think the Ledge to Ipswich rumour has some legs as they tried to sign him in January but i heard Sean turned them down.

Treacey to Forest i can't see happening but you never know. From the sounds of it a lot of teams are taking an interest but he won't be going on the cheap (Big sell on clause to Blackburn)

Just wish we could get Mellor off the wage bill but looks like he wont be heading to Wednesday.

Not sure how the Paynter rumour has started but it has some legs according to some with it coming from Leeds fans. Hasn't set the Championship alight but he knows his way about League 1 and PB may be looking to find somebody who can get goals at league 1 level within the clubs new wage structure.

1 year left on his contract' date=' but I still think he'd go for more than that. Esp. if it's a premier league rival.[/quote']

Still, doesn't go with such a low price. The benefit of having him in the club for one more year is greater than just £10M. I'd actually see him prolonging his contract, if just Arsenal turned from seller to buyer in general. If Wenger recruits some 3 already proven, strong new players, without selling important first team players (or at least more than one of them), I'm sure most players will prolong. It is frustrating for Fabregas and Nasri to stay in a club that year after year seems to be building without ever taking the necessary step forward to win some titles.

Leicester are apparently the latest club to register an interest in Sean St Ledger however their valuation is still some way off Preston's.

Think Leicester have more chance than Ipswich as Ledge is from the Midlands so a move back to near is home might appeal to him.