Carlão - Portugal´s new phenomenon

He plays in the Portuguese 2nd division side U. Leiria, joining them in February (but do to bureaucratic problems only began playing in March) and he is already one of the team´s MVP and the fans idol. It is said that Sporting is close to secure his signing. I´m talking about Carlão, a modest player that came from the Brazilian club São Cristovão and has now half of Portugal after him.

leiria_leverkusen_desportugal.jpg

Name: Carlos Alexandre de Souza "Carlão"

Nationality: Brazilian

Date of Birth: 1986-08-01 (22 years)

Position: Centre forward

Height: 190 cm

Weight: 78 Kg

Club: Leiria

Database Status: On database (75 rated)

Carlão is shaking the 2nd division. With Porto´s title guaranteed and Sporting´s second place secured, the last few fixtures of the Portuguese league won´t be that interesting, aside from some youth players that may make their debut. Not the same can be said for the 2nd division, with 3 clubs currently fighting for promotion (Olhanense, Santa Clara and Leiria). But not always was it this way. Let me rewind back to February. At this time, Santa Clara and Olhanense were disputing point by point for the title, constantly changing their places, and no other clubs seemed capable of joining this fight. Then, as simple as this, Carlão came to solve the attack problems in Leiria, which at that time occupied a modest 7th place tied with Aves, and that seemed as far as they would come. The impact was instantaneous, a goal on his debut. His goal scoring campaign continued the following games, and he has amassed 9 goals in 9 games (730 minutes played, 6 times subbed), including a fantastic poker against Olhanense, a team that several weeks before, no one believed would lose points to Leiria. Ever since Carlão came, Leiria never lost a game and is currently mounting a serious title challenge, sitting only one point away from the first place (Olhanense).

I highly recommend you to buy this player. Firstly because right now he deserves to see his rating improved by 5, up to 80 (Let´s not forget the 2nd division is still 4 fixtures away from it´s end, so he´ll play more time and probably score more goals), and also because next season, he will play 1st division football. I´m not sure if Leiria can keep hold of him, perhaps yes if they can achieve promotion, but if they don´t, Carlão will move, seeing Sporting as his most tipped destiny. And if Derlei is ending his career, Liedson needs a new partner...

I´ll keep this updated B)

Re: Carlão - Portugal´s new phenomenon

:D:D

Off-topic:

You are portuguese' date=' Derby-Power?!?! Rodriguez is a traitor...:eek:[/quote']

Yes I am. And I don´t classify Rodriguez as a traitor. I rather classify him as intelligent. I mean, just look at things, he is going to be champion, will win the Portuguese Cup as well, reached the quarter-finals of the Champions League and scored a goal there, even if it wasn´t enough to get through... With Benfica he would have NONE of this. In terms of career and technical development, he made the smartest move of his life. And furthermore, he is class :)

Great find' date=' as usual[/quote']

Thanks, appreciated it a lot :)

Ratings have just passed, yes, but what do you think this guy will get if he continues to play well?

Great find mate, your finds are superb, keep it up!

Hunty

Thank you

If the ratings were tomorrow, I´d guess a +5, up to 80, if he keeps his form and moves to Sporting as the Portuguese press is tipping, I´d say +10, up to 85, which was the rating Baba got and I believe they are in the same standard. Cheers B)

ajjaajaj sorry' date=' I did not see your message xD, OKs, in 1 or 2 weeks....:)[/quote']

Are you kidding me? What part of the MONTHS AWAY didn´t you understand? :confused:

Great ! I'll start buying him from now , just in case that anybody will see this thread

I'm happy that finally there's is somebody good enough to replace Gizb in Portugese Leagues

It´s your best option. For how amazing it sound, a few days after I made the thread, I remembered I didn´t snatched him in my Darlington and when I searched him, he was already taken. Losing my own find :o.

Gizb is a great forumer/scout, and it is unfortunate that he doesn´t have more time for the forum. I would like to face some more competition :). Still, I´m planing to "retire" from writing single threads with single finds and embrace the challenge of writing an extensive Portuguese League with all the ratings prediction of both 1st and 2nd league, as well as writing reports on new players and prospects. It´ll be tough, but stay tuned B).

juas....try to leave the PRO' date=' to read messages, sorry...

I don't buy, if not increase now ....:)[/quote']

Sure, but do it at your own risk, if someone puts a bid on him before you, it may create a bid war, which in turn may raise his price, and all the wages you spared in not buying Carlão straight away, ended up being spent on a external club anyway, perhaps even more ;). Or alternatively you end up losing the player. BUT, you know, it´s all up to you... BUY HIM!

Hehe, I´ve been practising aggressive sales.

Guest Daragh

Are you kidding me? What part of the MONTHS AWAY didn´t you understand? :confused:

It´s your best option. For how amazing it sound' date=' a few days after I made the thread, [b']I remembered I didn´t snatched him in my Darlington and when I searched him, he was already taken. Losing my own find [/b]:o.

Gizb is a great forumer/scout, and it is unfortunate that he doesn´t have more time for the forum. I would like to face some more competition :). Still, I´m planing to "retire" from writing single threads with single finds and embrace the challenge of writing an extensive Portuguese League with all the ratings prediction of both 1st and 2nd league, as well as writing reports on new players and prospects. It´ll be tough, but stay tuned B).

Yeah Carlisle bought him, I heard they have a great manager B):P

Keep up with the great work mate, I'm looking forward to your portuguese thread :)

Yeah Carlisle bought him' date=' I heard they have a great manager B):P

Keep up with the great work mate, I'm looking forward to your portuguese thread :)[/quote']

Yes, they have a great manager. And I´m sure that manager will be able to put them in the highest place possible, which in this case is the 2nd place, because the first one will go to the amazing manager of Darlington, with or without Carlãov :D.

I will start it only after the Portuguese domestic season ends, so it will take a couple of weeks before it kicks of.

P.s: Did I mention the manager of Darlington is a very intelligent guy as well? B)

Guest Daragh

Yes' date=' they have a great manager. And I´m sure that manager will be able to put them in the highest place possible, which in this case is the 2nd place, because the first one will go to the amazing manager of Darlington, with or without Carlãov :D.

I will start it only after the Portuguese domestic season ends, so it will take a couple of weeks before it kicks of.

P.s: Did I mention the manager of Darlington is a very intelligent guy as well? B)[/quote']

We'll see who finishes first at the end of the season B):D

The Darlington manager mustn't be too intelligent if he forgot to buy his own find :P joking :)

Anyway, lets get back on topic, Carlao is going to score 20 a season for Carlisle :P:D:cool: