Carlão - Portugal´s new phenomenon

Re: Carlão - Portugal´s new phenomenon

Carlão played again yesterday, but he was substituted early due to injury. As such he didn´t score any goal. However, the injury is nothing serious and he will be able to play next week´s last and decisive fixture in the 2nd league. It will decide whether Leiria will achieve the promotion, or if Santa Clara takes the spot instead, as the title was mathematically won by Olhanense this weekend and there is only one promotion spot left. Keep in touch.

His stats stand now at:

11 games played (7 times subbed)

10 goals scored

Another goal for Carlão today in the 2nd league last fixture, and a decisive one, as it granted Leiria´s promotion to the first league B). So even if Sporting ends up not buying him, he will still play in the first league. And with the team they have, Leiria has everything to do a good domestic campaign.

Now at the end of the season, stats look like this:

12 games played (8 times subbed)

11 goals scored

And he would have scored at least once more if he hadn´t come out injured in the previous game.

Verdict: Carlão is great and young. If you haven´t bought him already, I suggest you to do so.

Glad he is still doing well' date=' I bought him in loads of setups after I saw you had mentioned him. Great find and keep us updated.[/quote']

I will keep it updated, don´t worry, specially now that he is going to play first league football. I believe he will stay in Leiria, however Sporting´s scouts have been present in almost all of his games, so a transfer wouldn´t be a chance to rule out only because Leiria got promoted. I just hope he doesn´t leave Portugal, otherwise I won´t be able to watch him regularly.

• 2 months later...

Scored for Leiria in their 1-1 draw at the weekend. Looks like he's started off where he left last season.

Definitely worth a buy.

Yup. He scored 11 goals in 12 games last season and so far he scored 1 goal in 2 games. Definitely rising to ~80.

Also, thanks for the person who voted one star on this thread. ;) I guess it deserves it, right?

• 4 months later...
  • 2 months later...

I have some people asking what is of Carlão so I thought I would update this in the original thread, rather than the extensive thread :)

With the season quickly approaching it's end, the balance in Carlão's first presence in the 1st league is very positive. He played 29 games with a total of 2300 minutes, and scored 9 goals, with 2 assists in the middle. His current rating sits at 83, and with Leiria impressively fighting for an European place, Carlao will easily hit 85, which means a +2 coming his way. Meanwhile Leiria's chairman has already stated that Carlao will be sold to a bigger club, which is speculated to be a German club. I advise you to keep him around for now.