The Corinthians news thread.

Re: The Corinthians news thread.

What was your opinion of Bobo when he was at Corinthians?

He is the living proof that a lame Brazilian striker can be god in Europe. He had a worse goal record than Souza, and is called by many as the worse striker Corinthinas ever had. I mean his transfer out to Europe on loan and then acquisition by Besiktas is what makes me sure a player like Lulinha will move in there and actually play something.

Corinthians 0 x 0 Goiás

This was a match that proved corinthians defending capabilities to its greatest extent.

Corinthians played an awful match I don't know if it was due to sparring the team for the Brazilian Cup Final or whether it was just plain bad soccer.

Corinthians had no wingbacks, as Alessandro was sparred for the final and Andre Santos is on the NT.

Corinthians played 3-5-2.

The players:

CORINTHIANS:

Felipe,

Renato, Diego & Chicão;

Diogo, Cristian, Elias, Douglas & Wellington Saci (Boquita);

Dentinho (Marcelo Oliveira) & Ronaldo (Otacilio Neto)

Goiás:

Harlei,

Ernando, Rafael Tolói & Leandro Euzébio

Vitor, Amaral (Fábio Bahia), Everton Hora (Felipe Menezes), Rafinha & Júlio César;

Iarley, Felipe

Men of the match:

Corinthians:

Felipe -> No Comments, see his saves on the highlights. (2)

Cristian -> incredible disarming

Goiás:

Julio Cesar & Vitor -> they dominated the sides of the pich Corinthians was pressed through the wings and had to try forcing it through the middle, Result: No attacks by Corinthians.

Worst on the pitch:

Corinthians:

Wellington Saci -> Proved that he can't mark at all and more, his passing was awful.

Goias:

Everton Hora & Felipe Menezes: what Goiás had on the wings it lost on the center, I am yet to see more mediocre midfielders!

Here are the highlights:

hVDYNai_bgA

Corinthians 2 x 0 Internacional

The result may tell of a superior Corinthians side but instead it was a very balanced game between two very good teams, but of course the best team got the upper hand.

Now, unless numbers, statistics and results mean nothing at all, Corinthians has pretty much assured with 70% probability the Title truth be told for the following reasons:

1- Corinthians in 106 games under Mano Menezes management has NEVER lost by a 3 goal difference (the result Inter needs to be champion), and even with a full reserve squad the worst result was a 3-1 loss to Santos. Result which should it repeat itself gives the title to Corinthians.

2- Another great statistic that weighs a LOT for Corinthians is the fact that Corinthians scored on ALL of its away games in the Brazilian Cup, and a single goal by Corinthians forces Inter to score *4* goals.

3- Some may argue that inter was with a lot of reserves, BUT let us remember that inter with its FULL team against a Corinthians with *9* reserves only managed to get a 1-0 win AND was pressured in for most of the second half.

4- And now a bit down back to reason let's just say it that if there is a team in Brazil that CAN achieve the impossible against the Corinthians, my money would be on Inter.

So victory rant apart it was a great game, there was non-stop action attacking vs. attacking on both teams which re-arrange their defenses really fast. Taison Showed why he was the best player on the gaucho, and his duel with Alessandro was Incredible. Guiñazu to me seemed like a better CM than Verón (and both have the same haircut ), his tackling, disarming and ball stealing were also crucial for Inter, not to mention his amazing quality passing.

The players:

CORINTHIANS:

Felipe;

Alessandro, Chicão, William & Marcelo Oliveira (Diego);

Cristian, Elias & Douglas;

Jorge Henrique (Souza), Dentinho (Boquita) & Ronaldo.

Internacional:

Lauro;

Danilo Silva, Índio, Álvaro & Marcelo Cordeiro;

Sandro (Giuliano), Magrão, Guiñazu & Andrezinho (Glaydson);

Taison e Alecsandro (Leandrão).

Men of the match:

Corinthians:

Felipe -> No Comments, see his saves on the highlights. (3)

Jorge Henrique -> Did I mention he besides being fast, Effective, with great passing skills he is also a great marker and reduces a lot the defenders creative space?

Marcelo Oliveira -> The player that impressed me the most was Marcelo Oliveira, after a crippling injury, 4 surgeries and a rare infection which nearly got his leg amputated, Marcelo is flying on the field he is originally a Dm, but he played already as a CB and as a LB and performed well on all positions. Not to mention his attaching support we can seriously be looking at a Mid/Def player! :-)

Ronaldo -> RONAAAAAAAAAAAALDO!!! You can say he is fat, He is through, he likes transsexuals, whatever but you can NEVER DENY THE FACT THAT he is the greatest striker in activity in the country. Adriano and Fred are **** compared to him, Nilmar and Taison have YEARS and YEARS of soccer to ever become Freds or Adrianos but they will never and I repeat NEVER be as great as Ronaldo.

Internacional:

Taison -> He really impressed me he is fast, he s daring and he is not easily intimidated. Definitely National team material for the future.

Guiñazu -> like I said he is better than Verón. "La Brujita" is a "la viejita" near him. The way the Argentinian NT has been playing I believe he is the missing piece on their midfield.

Worst on the pitch:

Corinthians:

Souza -> He got in for 2 minutes managed not to touch the ball and to get a yellow card on an off-the ball event, tyhe only great thing about it is that now we are 100% sure he won't come in in the Final game.

Douglas -> I think that it was Guiñazu's marking that made him lose so many passes but still he was the player that lost most passes.

Internacional:

Leandrão: I heard about hard hitting strikers but this guys should be arrested two tackles from behind and no good attacks whatsoever.

Here are the highlights:

gYDpC3IwFI8

Not crazy about the blatant bias, never was. :P Hope Inter win 2-0 or 3-0 just to show you :D There's a big difference between Alecsandro and Nilmar. D'Alessandro and Andrezinho. Kleber and Marcelo Cordeio. Bolivar and Danilo Silva.

Oh, and I feel the need to correct you to satisfy my bloated ego and to take a little sting away from the rant. Gleydson started the first game of the Brasileiro. So Inter only had 10 starters ;)

Now, I know this is touchy, but I'd rather have Taison, Nilmar, Kleber (ok, maybe not Kleber), Marcelinho, Keirrison, Diego Tardelli and Felipe on my team right now then Ronaldo. He is good and played well but really, his best days are behind him. I'd be surprised if he's in the top 5 goal scorers at the end of the season.

Guinazu: 100% agree. He's not your typical Argentine, but the man is a complete beast. Sandro didn't have his best game last night, a few balls weren't controlled very well, but I did notice that every mistake he made, he hustled back to win the ball back for Inter, never getting too down on himself. I appreciate that in a player, future Captain material.

Also agree about the best and worst. That Leandrao sure is a waste of space, isn't he? I'd much rather see one of Talles Cunha, Tales or Marquinhos given a chance. And of course the injured Walter.

Expect Inter to catch Corinthians off-guard completely in the second leg, because they will play from the wings. Marcelo Cordeio and Danilo Silva don't have the attacking prowess from the wings that Kleber and Bolivar have, and we can expect Andrezinho to attack from one side and D'Allessandro from the other. Factor in Taison and Nilmar and we have a game...

That's assuming the Confederations Cup will be over by July... right?

Not crazy about the blatant bias' date=' never was. :P Hope Inter win 2-0 or 3-0 just to show you :D There's a big difference between Alecsandro and Nilmar. D'Alessandro and Andrezinho. Kleber and Marcelo Cordeio. Bolivar and Danilo Silva.

Oh, and I feel the need to correct you to satisfy my bloated ego and to take a little sting away from the rant. Gleydson started the first game of the Brasileiro. So Inter only had 10 starters ;)

Now, I know this is touchy, but I'd rather have Taison, Nilmar, Kleber (ok, maybe not Kleber), Marcelinho, Keirrison, Diego Tardelli and Felipe on my team right now then Ronaldo. He is good and played well but really, his best days are behind him. I'd be surprised if he's in the top 5 goal scorers at the end of the season.

Guinazu: 100% agree. He's not your typical Argentine, but the man is a complete beast. Sandro didn't have his best game last night, a few balls weren't controlled very well, but I did notice that every mistake he made, he hustled back to win the ball back for Inter, never getting too down on himself. I appreciate that in a player, future Captain material.

Also agree about the best and worst. That Leandrao sure is a waste of space, isn't he? I'd much rather see one of Talles Cunha, Tales or Marquinhos given a chance. And of course the injured Walter.

Expect Inter to catch Corinthians off-guard completely in the second leg, because they will play from the wings. Marcelo Cordeio and Danilo Silva don't have the attacking prowess from the wings that Kleber and Bolivar have, and we can expect Andrezinho to attack from one side and D'Allessandro from the other. Factor in Taison and Nilmar and we have a game...

That's assuming the Confederations Cup will be over by July... right?[/quote']

Yes the confederations cup will be over by July, and Kleber is worse than Andre Santos :P

I'm predicting a 0-1 loss by inter 3-1 at most, Corinthians never conceded more that 3 goals and with its full defensive line (Alessandro, Chicão, William & Andre Santos the average goals scored against it it's 0,6, so...)

Other strikers You mentioned vs. Ronaldo: I Agree I was just excited about it I'm not saying he is in Great shape right now But I am said is that all the mentioned players above will never have the career he had, Hell I'd prefer to have Keirrison or Kleber (Gladiador) on my team than Ronaldo as a chairman (Better Changes of profiting on a sale and on a future larger sale), but Ronaldo is a myth, he is beyond mankind and soccerkind, he is beyond Romario, he is almost Pelé! He is the second best Striker Brazil ever had right there after, Pelé.

who are the corinthians in for the biggest rises? and are any that are rated about 84-86 set for a rise

and finally on page 1 when u refer to elias is that that 78 rated one- is h in for a hefty rise?

thanks

I believe all starters should get 88's But that's me not SM staff people. By what I see by what they are playing, That's

Felipe (GK, 87 -> 88/89)

Alessandro (RB 85 -> 88)

William (CB 87 -> 89)

Chicão (CB 87 -> 89/90)

Andre Santos (CB 86 -> 89/90)

Douglas (AM 82 -> 85/86)

Cristian (DM/CM 87 -> 88)

Elias (DM/CM 78 -> 87/88)

Jorge Henrique (Position should change to Wing/AM 86 -> 88)

Dentinho (Fwd 83 -> 87)

Ronaldo (Fwd 88 -> 89)

But again that's me and I have no idea how the rises etc are performed I just am comparing the player with players who are playing at a similar level.

I believe all starters should get 88's But that's me not SM staff people. By what I see by what they are playing' date=' That's

Felipe (GK, 87 -> 88/89)

Alessandro (RB 85 -> 88)

William (CB 87 -> 89)

Chicão (CB 87 -> 89/90)

Andre Santos (CB 86 -> 89/90)

Douglas (AM 82 -> 85/86)

Cristian (DM/CM 87 -> 88)

Elias (DM/CM 78 -> 87/88)

Jorge Henrique (Position should change to Wing/AM 86 -> 88)

Dentinho (Fwd 83 -> 87)

Ronaldo (Fwd 88 -> 89)

But again that's me and I have no idea how the rises etc are performed I just am comparing the player with players who are playing at a similar level.[/quote']

Disagree with J.H. Realistically, it's more likely to be.

Felipe - 88, Alessandro - 87, William/Chicao - 88, Andre Santos - 88, Douglas - 84, Elias - 83/84, J.H. 86, Dentinho - 85/86, Ronaldo - 88

Alessandro 85>86

Andre Santos 86>87

Boquita 76>82

Chicao 87>87

Cristian 87>88

Dentinho 83>85

Diego - Hurry up with the ticket :P

Douglas 82>85

Elias 78>84

Felipe 87>88

Jean 84>84

Jorge Henrique 86>87

Ronaldo 88>88

William 87>87

What I reckon. Your opinions on Diego Carlos? I know somebody else's so would like to know what the Corinthians fans think.

Alessandro 85>86

Andre Santos 86>87

Boquita 76>82

Chicao 87>87

Cristian 87>88

Dentinho 83>85

Diego - Hurry up with the ticket :P

Douglas 82>85

Elias 78>84

Felipe 87>88

Jean 84>84

Jorge Henrique 86>87

Ronaldo 88>88

William 87>87

What I reckon. Your opinions on Diego Carlos? I know somebody else's so would like to know what the Corinthians fans think.

Diego is a decent Sub he's nowhere near Chicão or William in quality, but he is not as bad as say, Jeci or Gum either. I tend to get tense given the fact that the team takes a load more goals when he is on the field than when Willian and Chicão are. But that's just because the two CB's have played over 80 games together and know each other's timing perfectly.

He also played a few games as and improvised LB, defensively he was alright covering the CB's and such, but offensively he is a denial.

AND let's not forget he is the defender that falls on his B*tt on Nilmar's goal.

Corinthians 3 x 1 Bambis

In the beginning it was not so easy, Corinthians lost Marcelo Oliveira early and without Alessandro found itself once again only with quality passing through the middle. Although São Paulo attempted to press, their lack of creative capabilities with Hernanes not even having enough quality to the fielded for the game, Jorge Wagner missing more crosses than Wellignton Saci, São Paulo's creativity was on the foot of the unstable Marlos, who lost the ball easily to Cristian every time and to Jucilei after Cristian was subbed with a muscular Strain. The first half was all about São Paulo's possession with no creative attacking, until Cristian repeated the Stealing, he advanced and sent out another shot from the same position he scored a goal in the Paulista. That was enough to light up the team, a few minutes later on a swift counterattack, Cristian made an amazing goal. The Second half was all about Corinthians holding the possession and São paulo cowering like little girls and resorting to violence.

Cristian was the man of the game, absolute lord and master on the midfield, He got a contract renewal with Corinthians just to increase his Transfer Fee and salaries.

I'd love to say It was a great game between two great teams but it looks like São Paulo is on the road to relegation, and good riddance I say, better than seeing my team win is seeing São Paulo lose.

The good thing about the change in command in São Paulo was the presence of young Oscar who indeed managed to amaze even me who hate São Paulo's players, Oscar, yes this youngster is already on the database and yes by the 15 minutes that he played I can tell with all letters: He is amazing, he is different and I could bet that he may even be better than Neymar, i believe the road to São Paulo's Salvation may lie at his feet.

The players:

CORINTHIANS:

Felipe

Diogo, William, Chicão & Marcelo Oliveira (Diego);

Cristian (Jucillei), Elias, Douglas

Jorge Henrique, Ronaldo, Marcelinho (Jean)

São Paulo:

Dênis

André Dias, Jean Rolt (Jorge Wagner), Renato Silva,

Jean (Arouca), Eduardo Costa, Bicharlyson, Marlos, Junior Cesar

Hugo (Oscar), Borges

Men of the match:

Corinthians:

Cristian -> even playing only 35'he was the name of the game his his fighting spirit and hate towards São Paulo inspired the whole team

Chicão -> Few people may notice it but he is not a great set pieces taker, he is a SMART set piece taker, he never takes the first shot he always stands from a different angle on the 1st set piece to notice the keeper's positioning on the shots and after two or 3 set pieces he takes the shot. So we are talking about a player who besides from being good, is Intelligent and very very observing, I'd rather have him over Miranda any day.

Jucilei -> Told ya the kid is the bomb, he subbed in for Cristian and after his entrance São Paulo had less space than it was already having with Cristian, I think he will easily be replacing Elias without much loss of quality.

Marcelo Oliveira -> Although he didn't play much it was his absence that made Corinthians lose too much space on the begining of the match, so yes, if a player has enough quality to be missed when subbed out then I guess he deserves note here.

São Paulo:

Oscar -> The only good thing in this team is him. (by the way he is a homo)

Worst on the pitch:

Corinthians:

Diogo & Diego -> Okay they are not back wingers, (well at least Diego isn't) but still they playing was near to ****-like performance two of those road cones would have reduced more space on the back wings than these guys did.

Marcelinho -> Good movement, but very poor finishing, he was more of a winger than a striker, I thing he ought to show himself up more for the ball by coming a bit closer to Ronaldo and also he should show himself up in the box more poften, But then maybe he was assingned to reduce their wig space on the back and I think he was more often covering Diogo's crappy defending that worried about attacking but still he failed to impress me like he did in the Copinha.

São Paulo:

Andre Dias: he is a homo. I already mentioned how Chicão is great because he is smart and has class, this guy is the extreme opposite, he is dumb and has no class he goes for hard tackling and 50-50 challenges which you would only expect to see in a Rugby match.

Bicharlysson: he is a homo, enough said.

Marlos: To name this guy São paulo's playmaker must be clearly a joke or one of those tricks like "Oh let's say that guy who can't pass the ball is the playmaker so they all mark him". That must really really be the only reason why he is the playmaker, oh yeah and he is a homo.

Jorge Wagner: he is a homo. and he can't cross.

Hugo: played nothing, Punched Jorge Henrique, here is the anti-sportsmanship trophy winner, and of course he is a homo.

Borges: He was on the field? I didn't notice, he is a homo by the way.

Here are the goals:

Wu9WzB5CHr8

Enough with the homo comments. Those comments are enough to get you infracted' date=' easily.[/quote']

Sorry it's like calling Palmeiras supporters piggies. it's just a title they have to carry on:

Here is a shinning example:

Corinthians's Supporter's Dream team:

orinthians.jpg

Palmeiras Supporter's Dream Team:

almeiras.jpg

Santos Supporter's Dream Team:

antos.jpg

São Paulo's Supporter's Dream Team:

spaulo.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Corinthians 0 x 1 Atlético Paranaense

Mano Menezes wisely sparred the team for this game sending out an all-reserve squad. The game was very balanced and although a loss its a loss on an away game so is considered an "accepetable loss" given the fact that the team was about to face the second game of the finals.

What settled the score was the amazing experience of Paulo Bayer who at 39 is still playing really well.

Marcelinho is still in need to mature a bit as a striker. and Marcinho's performance was something I hope to be forgotten.

The players:

CORINTHIANS:

Julio Cesar

Diogo, Renato, Jean, Diego (Wellignton Saci)

Jucilei, Boquita, Marcinho (Otacilio Neto), Morais (Lulinha)

Souza, Marcelinho

Atlético Paranaense

Vinícius

Rodolfo, Rafael Santos, Antônio Carlos

Zé Antônio (Raul), Chico, valencia Paulo Baier (Rafael Miranda), Márcio Azevedo

Wesle, Rafael Moura (Eduardo)

Men of the match:

Corinthians:

Jucilei -> as the press claimed, he seemed to be the only person on the midfield who was marking.

Morais -> He showed he is very skilled and gave both Marcelinho and Souza plenty of chances for scoring, too bad both are strikes without much game time therefore without much finishing power.

Atlético Paranaense:

Paulo Baier -> He is realy dangerous on set pieces and he was all over the field, too bad his age doesn't let him run all 90 minute but it is a delight to see him play regardless of whom you support.

Valencia -> Great player.

Worst on the pitch:

Corinthians:

Lulinha -> When is he leaving for Benfica? I though he would be gone by now. He gets more cards thatn Edmundo used to!

Marcinho -> Now here is a player if mano have chosen a road cone to stand there would have been a better option.

Atlético PR:

Rafael Moura -> This guy is 100% the worst striker in activity in Brazil. Not only do I hate him but The soccer gods seem to hate him too.

Here are the Highlights:

N4Ir9tT2nQ4

Corinthians 2 x 2 Internacional

This result may tell of a balanced game but at any moment it was Balanced, Corinthians was superior all over the first half and after Opening a 2-goal gap in the first half a natural relaxing, given the fact that Internacional needed to score *5* goals to take the title away from us. A thing which was very unlikely to happen

Internacional did not look at all like the team from the first game even though it had the "great players" Nilmar, who proved to be a great striker only against poor defenders and Kleber who showed the world why he is Andre santo's reserve on the Brazilian NT. Alessandro completely neutralized him.

Taison started crying like a little girl and got as nervous as one after the first goal, he was playing well before that, but after that he coyuldn't get a single pass right.

Another sign of Inter's desperation, the reliable Guiñazu, wasn't as effective in disarming as he was on the first game. And the "genius" D'Alessandro was more concerned on trying to pick up a fight than on making the amazing plays for which he earned his name.

To put it short it was a one sided game from the beginning, and the Silence from inter's supporters more than tells that.

Now it is time to Celebrate as Corinthians has won two out of two championships this year and its on its way for 3 out of 3.

The players:

CORINTHIANS:

Felipe;

Alessandro, Chicão, William & Andre Santos (Diego);

Cristian (Boquita), Elias & Douglas;

Jorge Henrique, Dentinho (Jean) & Ronaldo.

Internacional:

Lauro;

Bolívar (Danilo Silva), Índio, Danny e Kleber;

Glaydson (Alecsandro), Magrão, Guiñazu e D'Alessandro;

Taison (Andrezinho) e Nilmar.

Men of the match:

Corinthians:

Jorge Henrique -> Score an amazing goal, reduced a lot of Space for Inter, and was elected by the team the MVP of the Copa do Brasil. I don't know why insider thinks he is not due to at least a +1 rise.

Andre Santos -> Showed why he is the best LB in activity in Brazil. one assist and one goal, not to mention the speed and the tactical advantage that Corinthians held with his presence on the field.

William -> Showed amazing calm when D'Alessandro taunted him to try and get someone sent off. That is why he is the team Captain, even in the eye of the hurricane he kept his cool and walked away.

Internacional:

Andrezinho -> Here is Tite's bug mistake if he started instead of Glaydson I'm sure it would have been another game. keep an eye out for his he's quality.

Alecsandro -> you have to respect a striker who on a shaken team manages to find the will to score two goals. This guy has the fighting spirit the gauchos are known for.

Worst on the pitch:

Corinthians:

Everyone was REALLY well. Even Elias who was red carded, the second yellow card was only because the referee wanted to even out the teams.

Internacional:

Taison: Like I said, he lost his never after the first goal and couldn't find his best soccer.

Glaydson: him and nothing I'd rather have nothing.

D'Alessandro: what he did should grant him a 6-month hook, being violent is one thing, not knowing how to lose is a whole different thing.

Kleber: like I said Alessandro Neutralized him.

Here are the highlights:

518EX1Do8Hg

Here is the Party:

0SBfyDDfzCc

And this is the Video Mano showed the team before the match:

_lICED9RCM0

:D:D how r the corinthians getting on ? :D:D i used to play with them all the time in fifa 07' date='08 :L its cuz they wer way beter than theyre league :D:D

, Chris ;']

That's odd in 2007 The team got relegated and in 2008 it was on the serie B.

EDIT: Unless in the fifa 2007/08 game the Corinthians team still had Tevez and Mascherano :-)

Corinthians is currently the 5th Place on the Brazilian championship after the 8th round 6 points behind the leader, But Corinthians didn't field in its full squad on at least 4 games due to the Copa Do Brazil, which Corinthians just won.

Also Corinthians are Current Paulista State Title Holders and they've won that titled UNDEFEATED.

In fact ever since Mano Menezes took over the team Corinthians has only lost 6 matches in 118 matches played. And on the 4 championships that the team participated ever since he took over (he Got on Copa do Brazil 2008 in the middle of the tournament though). Corinthians won 3 out of 4 titles ever since.

WOW !

good game , 4-3 to Corinthians and Ronaldo nearly scored another hat-trick

Would i be right to think that despite his weight problems he is still by far the best forward in Brazilian football ?

I'm just gonna watch the highlights now.... :)

WOW !

good game ' date=' 4-3 to Corinthians and Ronaldo nearly scored another hat-trick

Would i be right to think that despite his weight problems he is still by far the best forward in Brazilian football ?

I'm just gonna watch the highlights now.... :)[/quote']

No, you wouldn't. Many things determine a good forward. Ronaldo can't run. He's the best shooter, but not the best forward.