The Corinthians news thread.

Re: The Corinthians news thread.

No' date=' you wouldn't. Many things determine a good forward. Ronaldo can't run. He's the best shooter, but not the best forward. [/quote']

He may not be able to run these days but his football brain is enough to make up for that, his positional awareness and vast experience in knowing when & where to make his runs coupled with great composure in front of goal must put him in the top3 at least, but that's just my opinion

Have you actually seen any of the other strikers?

ONLY on the Globo websit' date=' thats where i always watch the match highlights, so you are better placed than I am to comment.

That's why i finished the sentence with a question mark :)

Would i be right to think that despite his weight problems he is still by far the best forward in Brazilian football ?

------------------------------------------------------------

In your opinion who are the top 3 forwards playing in Brazil?

Felipe' date=' Kleber, Adriano, Ronaldo, Marcelinho, Diego Tardelli, Eder Luis and Maxi Lopez are all fairly even in my book right now. I'm happy with 2 of them in my team, whoever they are. Borges and Fred are close[/quote']

Do u know why Fred returned to play Brazilian football, home sick ?

I think he is good enough to play in the EPL , it suits his style, I think he would be a great success for a team like Spurs , or Villa, or Everton ?

----------------------------------------------------

Do u know of a better site than Globo for Brazilian football, or is that the best 1 ?

• 2 weeks later...

WOW !

good game ' date=' 4-3 to Corinthians and Ronaldo nearly scored another hat-trick

Would i be right to think that despite his weight problems he is still by far the best forward in Brazilian football ?

I'm just gonna watch the highlights now.... :)[/quote']

I'd say he's no longer a Forward he is a Centre-Forward now. His age and weight have made him play only as a target man. Like they have put it already few in the world are as great in finishing as he is. In fact I think he is better at finishing than Romario, the only player who could possibly compete with him in the whole soccer history in terms of finishing.

No' date=' you wouldn't. Many things determine a good forward. Ronaldo can't run. He's the best shooter, but not the best forward.[/quote']

Right, that's why I think he should have a positional Change to CF instead of Fwd.

He may not be able to run these days but his football brain is enough to make up for that' date=' his positional awareness and vast experience in knowing when & where to make his runs coupled with great composure in front of goal must put him in the top3 at least, but that's just my opinion[/quote']

I'd Say the top 3 best strikers in soccer History are:

3- Romario

2- Ronaldo

1- Pelé.

Maradonna would be a distant 4th.

In current Brazilian Soccer yes Ronaldo is amogst the top 5, BUT he played way less games than everyone else in terms of goal average per game Ronaldo humiliates the runner ups.

Have you actually seen any of the other strikers?

Yes.

ONLY on the Globo websit' date=' thats where i always watch the match highlights, so you are better placed than I am to comment.

That's why i finished the sentence with a question mark :)

------------------------------------------------------------

In your opinion who are the top 3 forwards playing in Brazil?[/quote']

1- Ronaldo

2- Pedrão, who left to Arabia so in comes, Kleber (Gladiador)

3- Would be Nilmar but he's at Villareal now, so in Comes Diego Tardelli.

Felipe' date=' Kleber, Adriano, Ronaldo, Marcelinho, Diego Tardelli, Eder Luis and Maxi Lopez are all fairly even in my book right now. I'm happy with 2 of them in my team, whoever they are. Borges and Fred are close[/quote']

Borges and Fred are poor. Dagoberto is the man on São Paulo's front. and Fred that guy is a sure dropper 89 would be high for him.

Do u know why Fred returned to play Brazilian football' date=' home sick ?

I think he is good enough to play in the EPL , it suits his style, I think he would be a great success for a team like Spurs , or Villa, or Everton ?

----------------------------------------------------

Do u know of a better site than Globo for Brazilian football, or is that the best 1 ?[/quote']

Fred returned to Brazilian soccer because he is a crappy striker who is lucky to score ever debut game. He would be top scorer if he could change teams every match. Of course EPL like all European soccer is bound to have Brazilian lame strikers as great players. If you think Besiktas' Bobo is a good player then Fred is a great player.

Globo.com is really the best site for Brazilian football, but they only cover the Serie A clubs properly. For Serie B info you need to google around for Brazilian small town newspapers on each team's town, kinda extenuating.

CORINTHIANS WIN 4 - 3

It was a decent game and two nice headers from Ronaldo' date=' maybe he'll find some "women" to celebrate with :P[/quote']

Indeed

Hey Carlos.

Painful result agst Palm. What happened with Ronaldo? Saw he came off after only 24 mins' date=' was he injured?[/quote']

He broke 4 bones of his left hand, I guess the weight was too much, on the operation room for the hand surgery he also made a liposuction and removed 5 liters of fat.

• 1 month later...

Fred returned to Brazilian soccer because he is a crappy striker who is lucky to score ever debut game. He would be top scorer if he could change teams every match. Of course EPL like all European soccer is bound to have Brazilian lame strikers as great players. If you think Besiktas' Bobo is a good player then Fred is a great player.

Fred was an average player in France.

True, he's not a great player that's why i said he would do a good job for those not so good team(villa, spurs & in particularly everton)

He is no better than D Vassel who recently moved to a turkish team, add Bobo & together the three of them are worse than E Heskey, lol :D:D

• 2 months later...