The Ashes

Kroitzz

Re: Ashes 2009

Will Everyone please stop Putting Down Stuart Broad, That boy is the future of England's Bowling attack, and you lot have to cheek to say he is "not good enough" :mad:

He has alot to learn, but taking him out of the side isn't going to make him a better player at all. He has the potential to even fill the void of Andrew Flintoff, because he is very handy with the bat as well as the ball, and putting Broady in the England side is only going to make him a better player.

Also looking at the wickets he has taken, yes, he hasn't taken many, but he has taking the wicket of Ponting, he has taken the Wicket of Hussey, so he does have the potential to get England big breakthrough's!

So keeping Broady in the side is a way of the ECB and Andy Flower looking forward, not looking back.

Can anyone else see the benefit playing football has in the warm-up?

Fair enough if the guys like a kick-about' date=' let em do it at the end of a nets session or something, but a contact sport hours before a game :confused:[/quote']

They were pleying football right in front of me on Monday, it is just a gentle kick about, no contact whatsoever. He could have picked up that injury getting out of bed in the morning.....

Lets look at the positives of today so far..

Hmm..

We don't have to hear Shane Warne say "Rarrrvi Bopara" again

And err that's it? :o

And Sam' date=' Broad may be the future of England's bowling attack (and I would agree with that, I like him and the way he's improved has been impressive) but he simply isn't performing well enough in this series. I couldn't care less whether he plays pap against New Zealand, the West Indies or Bangladesh but this is an Ashes series and if he ain't performing he should be out. Same goes for Bopara and possibly Cook, they've had 3 (3 and a half in Bopara's case now) tests and none have looked like they are in decent form. Against any other team I would 100% agree that they should be given time, but in an Ashes series it shouldn't be happening as these are huge huge games.

Unless we can bowl Australia out for 250 here I think we're going to be needing a win in the last test.[/quote']

As I said though, he is only going to learn if you keep him in the side, if you take him out it isnt going to help him at all. The team is already rocked with injuries so they don't want to be rocking the dressing room with another change.

And who would you put in stead of Broad? Sidebottom? Panesar?

I'd certainly keep Broad in.

Will Everyone please stop Putting Down Stuart Broad' date=' That boy is the future of England's Bowling attack, and you lot have to cheek to say he is "not good enough" :mad: [/quote']

Sorry mate 'the future of Englnd's bowling attack' shouldn't get been hit for 6 sixes in an over. I COMPLETELY disagree with you. He is an average player at best and I would pick Sidebottom ahead of him simple.

He has alot to learn' date=' but taking him out of the side isn't going to make him a better player at all. He has the potential to even fill the void of Andrew Flintoff, because he is very handy with the bat as well as the ball, and putting Broady in the England side is only going to make him a better player. [/quote']

He has a bit too much to learn. But playing county cricket is a better way. He was chosen in the England team because of his T20 performances which was pathetic. And tbh if Broad wasn't handy with the bat I doubt he would have been playing. As for replacing Flintoff lol

Also looking at the wickets he has taken' date=' yes, he hasn't taken many, but he has taking the wicket of Ponting, he has taken the Wicket of Hussey, so he does have the potential to get England big breakthrough's!

So keeping Broady in the side is a way of the ECB and Andy Flower looking forward, not looking back.[/quote']

The way Hussey's been playing I wouldn't be surprised if I got him out. We are not talking about the same Hussey who last year was in fabulous form. We are talking about a hopelessly out of form Hussey

Sorry mate 'the future of Englnd's bowling attack' shouldn't get been hit for 6 sixes in an over. I COMPLETELY disagree with you. He is an average player at best and I would pick Sidebottom ahead of him simple.

He has a bit too much to learn. But playing county cricket is a better way. He was chosen in the England team because of his T20 performances which was pathetic. And tbh if Broad wasn't handy with the bat I doubt he would have been playing. As for replacing Flintoff lol

The way Hussey's been playing I wouldn't be surprised if I got him out. We are not talking about the same Hussey who last year was in fabulous form. We are talking about a hopelessly out of form Hussey

1.) Mate, he was hit for 6 6s ages ago, he has come a long way since then, and improved by 100% he was roar then and was inexperienced, now he is a much more matured bowler. He certainly isn't average, and mark my words, this guy is a star of the England future.

2.) He does have space to improve, but he has age on his side! You aren't expected to be the full package at the age of 17 are you? your always going to have space to improve somewhere in your game, and obviously he has many things to improve. He was picked for his T20 performances, and that was because of his 2005 T20 finals day performance, which I have got to say, he was absolutely brilliant on that day, and England were right to bring him in for the T20 games, and if I can remember rightly, he started off very well, yes, maybe the T20 World Cup was abit too far for him when he was hit for 6 6s, but he has come a very very long way since then, and again, has improved alot, and he will improve more if he is given a chance in this England side.

Of course he wouldn't be in the side for his batting, because his bowling is much better, but he did used to open the batting for Leicestershire U15s right up to when he was 17, so he is a very handy batsman. And yes, you may think "what is this guy talking about" but he does have the potential to fill Flintoff's boots. He may not be a big hitter like Flintoff, but he certianly knows how to play his strokes, and I keep stressing, his bowling will improve and mature more as he gets older and more experienced in this England Side.

3.) Hussey is still a top top player, he may be out of form slightly, but just like Broad, he can be devastating. I also like the way you haven't even mentioned Ricky Ponting, because hes an in form quality batsman and you didn't mention him.

A truely embarrasing day for English cricket.

I dont understand why or how we do this sometims.

Melodramatic or what :rolleyes:

Let's see what happens here, if we can somehow sneak to 200 then we are in the game.

And George, it's situations like this where having someone like Broad, who is a perfectly capable batsmen, actually pays off. Before the game I'd have had him out aswell, but now it's looking like a wise move to leave him in

1.) Mate' date=' he was hit for 6 6s ages ago, he has come a long way since then, and improved by 100% he was roar then and was inexperienced, now he is a much more matured bowler. He certainly isn't average, and mark my words, this guy is a star of the England future.

2.) He does have space to improve, but he has age on his side! You aren't expected to be the full package at the age of 17 are you? your always going to have space to improve somewhere in your game, and obviously he has many things to improve. He was picked for his T20 performances, and that was because of his 2005 T20 finals day performance, which I have got to say, he was absolutely brilliant on that day, and England were right to bring him in for the T20 games, and if I can remember rightly, he started off very well, yes, maybe the T20 World Cup was abit too far for him when he was hit for 6 6s, but he has come a very very long way since then, and again, has improved alot, and he will improve more if he is given a chance in this England side.

Of course he wouldn't be in the side for his batting, because his bowling is much better, but he did used to open the batting for Leicestershire U15s right up to when he was 17, so he is a very handy batsman. And yes, you may think "what is this guy talking about" but he does have the potential to fill Flintoff's boots. He may not be a big hitter like Flintoff, but he certianly knows how to play his strokes, and I keep stressing, his bowling will improve and mature more as he gets older and more experienced in this England Side.

3.) Hussey is still a top top player, he may be out of form slightly, but just like Broad, he can be devastating. I also like the way you haven't even mentioned Ricky Ponting, because hes an in form quality batsman and you didn't mention him.[/quote']

1. He might have been hit for 6 sixes ages ago but any half decent bowler shouldn't be hit. He is the FIRST bowler from any of the major countries to get hit for 6 sixes(ironically Yuvraj got close as well). I really don't see him anything more than average atm. You can't protect him much longer saying hes young and talented. He is got to start performing.

2. He may have improved a lot but he has to improve MUCH MUCH more imo. And I didn't say he was in the lineup for his batting, i said his ability to bat a bit probably wins him a place ahead of Sidebottom who would be my choice to play. In fact his batting is really good. Always impresses me with his decent technique. Bowling wise he would never replace Flintoff though batting wise he might though in fairness his batting style is a bit different.

3. Just because he got 1 Ponting wicket hardly means anything.

1. He might have been hit for 6 sixes ages ago but any half decent bowler shouldn't be hit. He is the FIRST bowler from any of the major countries to get hit for 6 sixes(ironically Yuvraj got close as well). I really don't see him anything more than average atm. You can't protect him much longer saying hes young and talented. He is got to start performing.

2. He may have improved a lot but he has to improve MUCH MUCH more imo. And I didn't say he was in the lineup for his batting' date=' i said his ability to bat a bit probably wins him a place ahead of Sidebottom who would be my choice to play. In fact his batting is really good. Always impresses me with his decent technique. Bowling wise he would never replace Flintoff though batting wise he might though in fairness his batting style is a bit different.

3. Just because he got 1 Ponting wicket hardly means anything.[/quote']

And he will start performing if given the chance! If you don't give him a chance at the top level, you won't see his full potential as an England player!

But after being hit for 6 6s, he has learned alot.

As I said already, he will improve. he is in good hands at te ECB in Loughborough and I have no doubt he will improve. His batting is much better than Sidebottom's, but then again, Sidebottom can have his off day's as well, seeing them both play for Notts this season, they both have good/bad spells.

They are both as good as each other.

Yes, his bowling may not be as hostile as Flintoff's, because he has a different bowling style, but Broad can cause problems. He can be devastating. His height is a huge plus for him, and his he can improve his speed by a couple of mph (which he has already) then he is more than capable. His batting may well need a bit of work, but he has foundations and experience of batting up of the order, but obviously is a completely different batsman to Flintoff.

And every wicket is important, especially Ricky Ponting, he can be explosive his he gets his eye in, and it was in the test which we actually won, so in fact, that was a very big wicket.

Melodramatic or what :rolleyes:

Let's see what happens here' date=' if we can somehow sneak to 200 then we are in the game.

And George, it's situations like this where having someone like Broad, who is a perfectly capable batsmen, actually pays off. Before the game I'd have had him out aswell, but now it's looking like a wise move to leave him in[/quote']

SNEAK ? lol.

Mate we will be lucky if we somehow sneak 100.

EDIT: and with our current bowling form, we got no chance unless they pull something out of the bag

wow playing broad in a test match he could only get wickets against the WI:rolleyes:

hope though australia don't win the test match saying as a neutral:D

@ who said yuvi got hit for 5 6's

on of them was dropped :mad:

however not a good decision to send a spinner to bowl last over on second thoughts saqlain mushtaq was a master at it

hahaha surely you would want to watch cricket then be bored but.

even at edgbaston when we were awful i wanted cricket not rain

Too true, get enough rain in this country as it is, hopefully Prior will get us some quick fire runs, as i'm not sure how long the other end will last against straight, wicket to wicket bowling, maybe we need some wider bats so we stop finding the edge so often :)