Sign in to follow this  
Dan Griffin

Your First Ever SM Club. Where Are They Now? Still Manage Them?

Re: Your First Ever SM Club. Where Are They Now?, Still Manage Them?

After 2 and a half years and 299 games i've just quit my first team - Shakhtar in WC143 :(

Feel kinda sad but just can't devote enough time to them anymore and have more interesting challenges to concentrate on.

Hope someone good accepts the job offer and they don't get ripped apart :rolleyes:

My first team was Spurs in world champ 4958 got them promotion in first season into Div 2 still with them and top of Div 2 but it's not as much fun as last season as all my work mates were in Div 3 and none got promoted with me

A couple of EC1 managers in the league I am in (Reading Teje) who manages River Plate and Newcastle United 4eva (Newcastle) who manages Barcelona. Well I have never won anything in the setup and have lost a couple cup finals and leagues by 1 point or so on the final day. Two weeks ago I made another cup final and to my sheer luck it was a unmanaged side but I forgot to change my tactics from the prior game and got beat once again in a final. I think I am destined to never win anything in this league but i'll keep trying.

:P

WC 781 If anyone wants to grab a team.

Guest Abdel Zizi

I still have my first team and it's one big succes story.

RSC Anderlecht in WC 541

http://www.soccermanager.com/profile.php?action=clubdetails&cid=257327&clubid=3074393&sid=1859

I took them over after a few games into season 2.

They were last in Div 4!

Managed to win the league with 25 points before 2nd.

Second season I immediatly won Div 3 with 16 points before 2nd, and the team was coming together.

Third season I got back to back to back championship wins as I won the league narrowly.

Fourth season I actually did the impossible and got crowned champions again, now in Div 1, effectively taking a team from last spot in Div 4 to first spot in Div 1.

I even won the fifth season too, making it back to back to back to back to back championship from Div 4 to Div 1 twice

Last season was the first time I didn't win the league, but I won the World Champ Cup which I was trying to win for 6 seasons, so I was still happy.

Now I'm sitting second atm to a great Barca.

My squad has every singly big youth player there is, and players like Aguero, Gourcuff, Pato, Silva, Pique, to name 5 out of the 50 players of this calibre I have.

I started of with tranmere rovers and got them out of the relegation zone in league 2. Currently they are still in league 2 and they are 14th. I then moved on to wigan athletic and won the league 2 title with them. after that i bought them some quality first team players and turned them into a regular division 1 side. After spending 2 seasons with them i got a job offer from chelsea. i thought long and hard as they had 50million to spend and a brill squad but i'm man u fan. eventually i accepted the job offer and i'm now currently second in div1 2 points away from 1st place with a fantastic youth squad and a brill first team.wigan(my ex club) are currently 11th in div 1 with a new manager and i have absolutely no regrets about leaving them for chelsea. heres my chelsea squad below...

http://www.soccermanager.com/profile.php?action=clubdetails&cid=899515&clubid=812431&sid=4196

My first team Arsenal in English Championship 514, I still manage them they are currently 5th 13 points behind Chelsea but plently of games to go. I took them over on the 16th May 2008 at about the middle of the 2nd season. Here is my squad:

FIRST TEAM

GK

Mandanda - 91 - GK

Asenjo - 88 - GK

DEF

Dani Alves - 94 - RB/RM

Castro - 90 - RB/DM

Lahm - 93 - RB/LB

Albiol - 92 - CB/RB

Garay - 91 - CB

Pique - 90 - CB/DM

MID

Diarra - 91 - DM/CM

Sandro - 86 - DM/CM

Fabregas - 95 - CM/AM

Diego - 94 - AM/CM

Arshavin - 94 -AM/Fwd

Nasri - 92 - AM/LM

Navas - 92 - RM/Wing

Pablo Hernandez - 88 - RM/Wing

Mata - 91 - Wing/Fwd

Pedro - 83 - Wing/Fwd

FWD

David Villa - 96 - Fwd

Van Persie - 93 - Fwd/Wing

Lisandro - 92 - Fwd/Wing

Pato - 92 - Fwd

Youth Squad

Kraft - 77 - Gk

Felipe Ramos - 75 - Gk

Fiorillo - 74 - Gk

Kirev - 74 - Gk

Amos - 73 - Gk

Fabio - 80 - LB/LM

Crescenzi - 75 - RB/LB

Toloi - 84 - CB

Bellusci - 82 - CB

Muniesa - 75 - CB/LB

Nordtveit - 82 - Def/DM

Ljajic - 84 - RM/AM

Coquelin - 73 - DM

Ramsey - 86 - CM/RM

Merida - 83 - CM/LM

Piliev - 75 - CM/AM

Gui Assulin - 78 - AM/Fwd

Thiago Alcantara - 77 - AM

Dudu - 75 - AM/Wing

Feghouli - 86 - Wing/AM

Muller - 85 - Wing/AM

Jeffren - 78 - Wing/Fwd

Welback - 85 - Fwd/Wing

Monnet-Pacquet - 84 - Fwd/Wing

Neymar - 82 - Fwd/AM

Walter - 78 - Fwd

Pacheco - 74 - Fwd

Soder - 84 - CF

Lukaku - 83 - CF

Nouble - 75 - CF

Loaned Out

Santon - 86 - RB/LB

Otamendi - 86 - CB

Song - 89 - DM/CB

Basquets - 88 - DM/CM

Denilson - 89 - CM/DM

Wijnaldum - 86 - CM/AM

Giovinco - 88 - AM/Fwd

Pastore - 85 - AM/Fwd

Wilshere - 83 - AM/Wing

Menez - 89 - Wing/Fwd

Walcott - 89 - Wing/Fwd

Vela - 87 - Wing/Fwd

De Federico - 84 - Wing/Fwd

Rossi - 91 - Fwd/AM

Balotelli - 88 - Fwd

Keirrison - 87 - Fwd

Simpson - 84 - Fwd/Wing

Dzeko - 91 - CF

Acquafresca - 88 - CF

My first team to manage was Bayer Leverkusen and i managed it for 1 season (and won the cup:p) after season 1 i took Roma from the same set-up. Now i managed them for 160 games (from 15 Aug 08) and build a great team from scratch:D:p http://www.soccermanager.com/profile.php?action=clubdetails&cid=623950&clubid=7517173&sid=9132

I actually got a Barca

I left them after a couple of months because i was only mid-table and thought they deserved better.

Also thought i had failed in the Transfer market because my only contribution was to buy some unknown Argentine kid called Sergio Aguero. Anyone ever heard of him :confused::confused::confused:

I still have my first team and it's one big succes story.

RSC Anderlecht in WC 541

http://www.soccermanager.com/profile.php?action=clubdetails&cid=257327&clubid=3074393&sid=1859

I took them over after a few games into season 2.

They were last in Div 4!

Managed to win the league with 25 points before 2nd.

Second season I immediatly won Div 3 with 16 points before 2nd' date=' and the team was coming together.

Third season I got back to back to back championship wins as I won the league narrowly.

Fourth season I actually did the impossible and got crowned champions again, now in Div 1, effectively taking a team from last spot in Div 4 to first spot in Div 1.

I even won the fifth season too, making it [b']back to back to back to back to back championship from Div 4 to Div 1 twice[/b]

Last season was the first time I didn't win the league, but I won the World Champ Cup which I was trying to win for 6 seasons, so I was still happy.

Now I'm sitting second atm to a great Barca.

My squad has every singly big youth player there is, and players like Aguero, Gourcuff, Pato, Silva, Pique, to name 5 out of the 50 players of this calibre I have.

Very Very Very Nice team Abdel ... but on the part in bold you do not have Fleck or Danny Wilson who are legends :D:cool:

My first team was Barcelona in Spanish championship 608, won the league by about 25 points first season, second season just started really.

Also CSKA Moskva World Championship 6380 took over roughly the same time, pretty succesful with them won the Division 1 first season again second season just started. I have a thread on that particular team kicking about on the forum somewhere ;)

my first ever club was portsmouth in ec106. I played for about 40 odd games before changing to Liverpool in ec106 and playing for 70 odd games. Such a great game world, would love to be in it now. But this was about 2-3 years and i stopped playing. Only just started playing again in the last few months.

i joined on 14th January and i took over as manager of Schalke 04 in EC 221 division 2 and i had a dreadful stint as manager by only picking up 3 points in my 9 games in charge and i didn't win a single game and they got relegated to division 3 and they are currently a place below my current team Juventus and i left Schalke 04 at the start of the current season after i took up the managerial reigns of Juventus last month

My first ever team was Sevilla in DARREN'S OXFORDSHIRE ECCENTRICS:D Random setup. l quited them after half season but after 6 months l went back took them until now l still manage them

Bienfait Raven 5th Oct 08 - 15th Nov 08 16 games 34 point 2.70 first season.

Bienfait Raven 27th May 09 - present 84 games 147 point 2.75 until now

Aberdeen in Ross' England and Scotland League 2008 . they were in div 2 now in 1 only have 21 players. they have a pap sqaud . First proper team was Valenica in g's league loved them but quit sm then lost them forever.:eek:

Only with them for 6 games and had a few teams then left sm .

My first ever team I managed is Stoke City in EC104 back in Oct 2008. Got them to three consecutive automatic promotion from Division 3. Won Division 3 and Division 2 runner-up. Now struggling in Division 1. :o (But are quite safe from relegation zone though)

My first club was Wolves in EC832. Left the set-up after I didn't get promoted but returned with Everton. Won the 2nd division in my first season and the 1st division in my second. I still manage the club but don't put as much effort in. Currently lying in 2nd though with an average around 90.

my first club was Bayer Leverkusen in a private GW, won the cup in the first season :P then left them to take Roma the next season and i still have them (19 months now:D)

managed to build a great team, mainly due to many clubs being unmanaged:p:o

I just got my Hearts back who were my first ever team, in Scottish Championship 6.

Currently completely changing the squad, basically my old squad which is the odd quality player with a load of oldies :o

Certainly my Crusty Rusty's :D

Start of season 10 now

I was interested in finding this out so I went back and found my first ever club. It was Leeds United in EC 517. I had them in 2007 I think it was. The team is awful now! Govou is the best player and they are in Division 3!

I managed them for 16 games and I'm thinking about quiting a team to get them good seeing they are my first ever team. However, to do this I have to quit a Leeds I have now which has the likes of Lavezzi, Kjaer, Lloris, Marchisio...:o

Maybe, somebody can help me with this one.

Mine was East Stirlingshire in a custon scottish league started with 1 million quid now worth over 1 billion quid won the division one tittle in season 12. got 850mil waiting to be spent. :)

I was interested in finding this out so I went back and found my first ever club. It was Leeds United in EC 517. I had them in 2007 I think it was. The team is awful now! Govou is the best player and they are in Division 3!

I managed them for 16 games and I'm thinking about quiting a team to get them good seeing they are my first ever team. However' date=' to do this I have to quit a Leeds I have now which has the likes of Lavezzi, Kjaer, Lloris, Marchisio...:o

[b']Maybe, somebody can help me with this one.[/b]

I just had a look are they are now in Division 2, Cahill and Govou best players.

By that bit, do you mean you want somebody on the forum to take over them?

I just had a look are they are now in Division 2' date=' Cahill and Govou best players.

By that bit, do you mean you want somebody on the forum to take over them?[/quote']

I was thinking of taking them over again but I won't now. I don't have time lol

My was A West Ham United in a Wc like one of the early ones...like 100 and something...loved that team to bits and remeber thinking how great it was to control the team :)...My first Signing was England Legend Emile Heskey and then Lass Diarra when he's rating was lower for a Bargain! :)..but loved them ..just saw this thread and thought ill comment..love to be able to remeber the exact number but just bought back memories of first starting on the game :D