Official Juventus Thread

mr liucci

juventus-football-club-seria-wallpapers-1.jpg

following the outbreak of some astonishing news at juventus football club in the last 48 hours, i feel this is probably the most appropriate time to start an official juventus thread

well where do i start? i know, how about

-"juventus sack their coach for the first time in 40 years"

-i like ranieri, the man has a lot qualities that are desirable in a human being, but unfortunately few that make him a top class manager. he was brought in to help juventus make that step back from promotion to consolidating serie A status, and he has done that admirably. but to win anything is a step to far for him, sorry claudio, you are better off at a mid table club with less pressure

or maybe "cannavaro returns to juventus"

-i think this is a step back. watching him get tossed about by torres did not impress me much, it's no shame, sure, considering torres has made mince meat out of younger and sharper defenders. But it does confirm one thing, fabio no longer has what it takes to play for a club with big champions league ambitions.

and finally "ciro ferrera to be caretaker manager at juve"

-this is interesting one, because everyone close to the club knows ciro is one of lippi's men, and has close ties to the suave italy coach. Maybe this is the sign for marcello lippi era 3 at juventus?? i bl00dy hope so. in the 2 previous stints he had at the club, he took us to 4 european cup finals, and 5 titles. juventus made lippi. we gave him the chance to excercise his outstanding coaching and management skills. and lippi appreciates that. even if he has walked away from the club on 2 occasions, and managed at inter, part of him still belongs to la vecchia signora. look forward to seeing him at the club for the start of 2010/2011, this time with him in a more managerial capacity, with ciro as the first team coach. what do lippi think? he came out, and without ruling himself out, pointed to spalletti as the most suitable immediate replacement(lippi is hardly going to take the job now is he, with italy heading into wc year). this is again interesting because spalletti could be soon unemployed once the sensi family hands the club to a new management group. spalletti is a no for me. the club need to win something, not play pretty football.

so what's going to happen to the most successful club in italy? what do all you english speaking juventino think? come on. voice your views and show your support.

Re: Official juventus fc thread

Will' date=' this is truly one of the best Italian clubs ever and has a wonderful history, although not the best times for the Old Senjora. And I am pretty sure Lippi won't coach Juve : various sources denied that[/quote']

sometimes you cant go by sources m8, you have to go by instinct. sources can be misleading, and they often are. instincts before reason

the beckham and zidane transfers to real madrid was proceeded by a summer of "he s not leaving" and " we are not selling him". but instincts told most people in the footballing world was going to happen, and no surprise when they did make the move

lippi wont coach juve now for obvious reasons, but i d put money on him returning in the manager role for the start of the 2010 season ;)

this is interesting one' date=' because everyone close to the club knows ciro is one of lippi's men, and has close ties to [b']the suave italy coach.[/b]

Lol, I'm sure Lippi will appreciate that description :P

I'm sure this will be a great thread in such knowladgeable (and opinionated! :D) hands and I'll make sure to tune in and keep up to date on your views on this great club :)

Lol' date=' I'm sure Lippi will appreciate that description :P

I'm sure this will be a great thread in such knowladgeable (and opinionated! :D) hands and I'll make sure to tune in and keep up to date on your views on this great club :)[/quote']

ah bob, you flatterer, you always say the right thing at the right time lol

concerning lippi, i think that's what makes an such an extraodinary coach, his composure, style and sincerity earns the ulmost respect from his peers, and coupled with his coaching eminence, he is an ultra rare breed. i read an interesting article that describe lippi's success spell at juventus and then italy, as the english equivalent of "james bond taking over at anfield, winning the title after decade long wait, before winning the world cup with england"

and any possibility of him coming back is massive news to us juventus fans, especially the young ones who couldnt remember the 80s success. he is the man who gave the club immediate success in mid 90s when i started supporting the club(was 7 at the time), a bit of a messiah to this particular generation of juventus fans...

I was going to make this thread but you beat me to it ;)

Diego is a definete for Juve and hope we get Hamsik and Lavezzi! They're awesome. I think we need a younger team' date=' if you look at out first team(excluding Gk's, they can be 40 xD) lots of people are 30+years old![/quote']

i would pass on hamsik and lavezzi, those guys will cost big money and they are unproven.

cassano would be a massive coup for us, iaquinta out, cassano in, maybe in the same deal with cash

i want to know what you all think of juventus bringing back cannavaro...

it's bit of a symbolic move, looks nice on the outside..

but for a 35 year old ex-great, who i guess will be on 60k+, is that a forward move or a backward move? is he really that much better(at his age) than mellberg or legrottaglie?

personally i d like to see us buy back criscito, who is a decent defender and can adapt to centre back, give de ceglie a chance on the left, and maybe take a punt on bocchetti who looks very impressive in the games i ve seen him in, he is already been called the new cannavaro by italian pundits, due to their similarities in stature and his hard tackling style.

also, bring back palladino, and get cassano(a must), the diego deal was exciting at first, but 25million? that's a lot of money. cassano can easily play in the number 10 role, and i still think he is the most creative attacker in the whole of italy

young is the way to go, not old, else we risk becoming the new milan, bunch of dinosaurs

i would pass on hamsik and lavezzi' date=' those guys will cost big money and they are unproven.

cassano would be a massive coup for us, iaquinta out, cassano in, maybe in the same deal with cash[/quote']

I heard that we might give Giovinco in a swap deal for Cassano but this was long ago...

If Cannavaro is a regular then Juve will have Grygera-Canna-Mellberg-chiellini or will Chiellini stay at CB and give De Ceglie a chance(I don't rate Molinaro)?

you are not alone there, he is one of those players whoes commitment you cant fault, but i dont think he is good enough to play lb for juve in europe

i hope the team next year to be

........................buffon..........

grygera.....bocchetti.....chiellini......criscito

...................sissoko

.........marchisio........nedved

cassano.........................del piero/palladino

................amauri......

i even set it out in lippi's favorite formation in preparation for his return lol

I agree, Cannavaro is too old but with age comes experience. He can command the back line but I'd rather young defenders and Chiellini can give experience as well. I agree with Criscito and Palladino, never really seen Bocchetti play. I rate De ceglie over Molinaro.

We playing Siene[A] on Sunday 14:00, I watch Juve play at www.betfair.com :D but i don't bet!

you are not alone there' date=' he is one of those players whoes commitment you cant fault, but i dont think he is good enough to play lb for juve in europe

i hope the team next year to be

........................buffon..........

grygera.....bocchetti.....chiellini......criscito

...................sissoko

.........marchisio........nedved

cassano.........................del piero/palladino

................amauri......

i even set it out in lippi's favorite formation with preparation for his return lol[/quote']

Intrresting. Some questions

Isn't Nedved retiring:confused:

Surely Juventus could do with someone better than Sissoko?

Do you Rate Marchisio?

Where's Diego?:( My Favourite player

I agree' date=' Cannavaro is too old but with age comes experience. He can command the back line but I'd rather young defenders and Chiellini can give experience as well. I agree with Criscito and Palladino, never really seen Bocchetti play. I rate De ceglie over Molinaro.

We playing Siene[A'] on Sunday 14:00, I watch Juve play at www.betfair.com :D but i don't bet!

ah i used to subscribe to serie a tv when i was at home.now at uni i can stream all their games with the fast broadband

didnt know you can watch football on betting sites, speaking of which i usually put small money on juve at 888sport, really easy to use, and their odds are usually good

hope i m not endorsing gambling to teenagers

ah i used to subscribe to serie a tv when i was at home.now at uni i can stream all their games with the fast broadband

didnt know you can watch football on betting sites' date=' speaking of which i usually put small money on juve at 888sport, really easy to use, and their odds are usually good

hope i m not endorsing gambling to teenagers[/quote']

Im Muslim, against my religion to gamble xD

Intrresting. Some questions

Isn't Nedved retiring:confused:

Surely Juventus could do with someone better than Sissoko?

Do you Rate Marchisio?

Where's Diego?:( My Favourite player

nedved's retirement thing isnt definite, i have a feeling if the club finish in 4th this year, he ll stay on for one more year to try and get the club out of trouble, but he could stay on either way , on a pay as you play deal

marchisio, i rate him. i think he s a bit raw, but he has decent technique and has a lot of drive in him, maybe a new de rossi in 3 years time

diego? excellent player, but i see cassano as a more viable move, just my humble view. having said, cassano is one of my favorite players, they wasted him at that club called real something, couldnt remember lol, but i see on his return to serie a that he hasnt lost his old magic!

True Nedved is retitring and Diego will probably be 2nd best on our team (Alex :D) I rate Marchisio over Sissoko as well' date=' Sissoko makes some dumb mistakes and I don't think well get Bochetti yet so I'll put Criscito CB and move De ceglie to LB[/quote']

i m surprise this news has been taken in so definitely

his agent early this month came out and said nedved is ready to reverse his retirement decision and sign a new 1 year deal on pay-as-you play, nedved has not commented on this, neither denied nor confirmed.

so dont be so pessimistic guys!

So Nedved might stay :D He is still world-class! It will be sad to see people like him' date=' Maldini and Del Piero to retire :'([/quote']

i think there is a pretty big chance he will stay for another year. i think it may have something to do with contractual reasons. i believe he is negotiating for a better deal than just a "pay as you play"

so keep your fingers crossed

Juve plan to sign Lavezzi, Pandev and Quagliarella

http://www.channel4.com/sport/football_italia/may21k.html

I'm not too keen on this as it means Alex might not get a first team place!]

Also Canna says that Juve should sign Momo Diarra

http://www.channel4.com/sport/football_italia/may21k.html

I prefer Momo to Sissoko TBH