Is Rooney Finally Justifying His 96 Rating?

DanW

Is Rooney Finally Justifying His 96 Rating?  

1. 1.

• Yes
    • No

This is not in light of another Manchester United title to add to what has already been a very impressive season for the Reds with the possibility of making more history of being the first team to retain the European Cup in little over a weeks time.

Wayne Rooney, you ever love him or hate him. Most of the time the first option is chosen by a United fan with the second any other club fan in the world...

Many people have thought that his 96 rating was over inflated and a joke even after last seasons massive double. However, this season i think Rooney has been a sensation and should be included as a candidate for player of the year, people still forget that he is very young indeed.

While still occasionally showing glimmers of his bad temper, he has calmed down and uses his agression in better ways. His importance to the team grows all the time and he has done fantastically down the left for United, do you think he is starting to earn his 96 rating?

Re: Is Rooney Finally Justifying His 96 Rating?

The man is a fantastic player, a fantastic man on and off the pitch. I would have him in my world XI anyday.. his work rate is phenominal and his goals are class. He may not be prolific, but hes an excellent asset to both england and United.

If he carries on, I will be insisting a 97 based on this seasons performance, if he carries on similar form. I rate him that highly.

EDIT: Hes also growing up fast and getting a cool head. Which is only good news.

he's played well, but for me he should never be a 96 when iniesta and villa are rated 95 - IMO the spanish pair are better players but in terms of SM it'd be fair if they are all rated the same

he's played well' date=' but for me he should never be a 96 when iniesta and villa are rated 95 - IMO the spanish pair are better players but in terms of SM it'd be fair if they are all rated the same[/quote']

I think its safe to say both of those players could see 96 after the spanish rating changes.

I think its safe to say both of those players could see 96 after the spanish rating changes.

very true, but SM have been incredibly favourable to rooney - he was a 95 in 2005 (at the same time ronaldo was a 93 and van nistelrooy was a 94) and he was never a 95 back then

very true' date=' but SM have been incredibly favourable to rooney - he was a 95 in 2005 (at the same time ronaldo was a 93 and van nistelrooy was a 94) and he was never a 95 back then[/quote']

that is very favorable !

what is your sig btw ?

interesting could you explain it please lol :P

what is your sig btw ?

interesting could you explain it please lol :P

i saw it on another site - i think it was during a training session for a CL game about 5 years ago and i thought it was incredibly funny

i saw it on another site - i think it was during a training session for a CL game about 5 years ago and i thought it was incredibly funny

he looks far older there then! surely 5 years ago he was 18! looks alot like he does now really, early 20s rather than late teens.

It can't be 5 years ago coz there's Tevez in the front pulling a constipation face.

Rooney should be 95 imo and F/W. I never understood how he could be a F/AM when even last season he played on the left wing.

It can't be 5 years ago coz there's Tevez in the front pulling a constipation face.

i thought that was van nistelrooy? i'm sure the person who posted it said it was quite old and seeing as he looks younger than he does now (looks around 19-20) i would have gone with 5 years ago - maybe a man u fan who recognises that training top would be able to identify the year?

i thought that was van nistelrooy? i'm sure the person who posted it said it was quite old and seeing as he looks younger than he does now (looks around 19-20) i would have gone with 5 years ago - maybe a man u fan who recognises that training top would be able to identify the year?

Looks exactly like Tevez to me. Only he could have a chin that big.

it is but is it genuine ! as in did this actually happen in a man united training session ! ??

I think it is real but it's more than likely just his shorts folding in an akward position lol

I think it is real but it's more than likely just his shorts folding in an akward position lol

well ronaldo is pretty fit so you never know ;)

anyway

yes rooney was arguably over rated before (coming from a man united fan) but now he is definitely not and exceptional player:

96 and no less no more tbh :)

when he is on form he is world class but problem is usually when he drips off and goes quiet for a bit :/

then he is merely a very good player who is "average" for a quality team like man united (in other words he is still very very good by any means !) just we know what he is capable of and when he is playing like he is now the CL final could be won by people like him and ronaldo with a split second of magic :)

Why should Rooney be rated 96?

• He plays for the biggest club in the world (Manchester United)
  • He plays in the top division and the Champions League
  • He's English (even EA Sports is biased - what about SM?)
  • He has scored 65 goals in 154 games
  • He has scored 21 goals in 50 national matches
  • He was born at Liverpool
  • He is the youngest player to score a goal for England.
  • He scores hat-tricks
  • He is a good physical player
  • He has a good shooting ability

• He is better than Totti

Why Rooney is overrated at 96?

• SM is biased (he's England's best striker)
  • He is sooo arrogant
  • You are a Liverpool or Leeds fan
  • He looks like a potato
  • Ibrahimovic, Eto'o and Torres are better than him
  • Hasn't scored enough...

Why Rooney is overrated at 96?

• SM is biased (he's England's best striker)
  • He is sooo arrogant
  • You are a Liverpool or Leeds fan
  • He looks like a potato
  • Ibrahimovic, Eto'o and Torres are better than him
  • Hasn't scored enough...

The two quotes in bold I disagree with. Rooney is not arrogant at all, off the pitch he seems like a shy young man if anything.

Also, there may be good cases for Eto'o and Torres being better than Rooney but there is no way Ibrahimovic is better. This isn't a biased Englishman talking, that is just a fact.

Guest Football8

Since he's been playing on the left and cutting in using his pace he's looking a bit better imo.

Psht' date=' he's always deserved the 96, what are you on about thread-creator?[/quote']

I'm a United fan and he got his 96 pre-maturely whether you like it or not although he is now worth it and seeing as Xavi hit 97 earlier on should United win another CL and Rooney continues to impress he could be considered for a +1 also.