Brazilian NT

Re: Brazilian NT

Ronaldinho: maybe I just hate him But I surely believe if you ask any other Brazilian they'll tell you the same thing. after we lost the World Cup, a statue of him was destroyed. There was a lot of pressure from the people to keep him out of the NT but with his amazing results for his club and the huge amount of money Nike invests on him it is really hard to keep a player like him out of the NT. Hell Globo's sports analysts still think that he is great.

Gomes: Yeah for the very same reason SM rates the EPL as better than the Portuguese league, asides from Porto there are no good Teams in Portugal (I mean 6 titles in the last what, 6 years?). I mean there are people in Brazil who complain on why Rogerio Ceni is not on the NT, (now it is obvious since he is injured), So again whilst we have a great choice on keepers your British folk are hoping that Spaniard Almunia will become and Englishman to save your nets. :-)

Brazil has the advantage of dropping out ALL of the selected players here and still put up a GREAT national team. No nation in the world has as much "spare parts" as Brazil and of course there is a lot of politics AND SPONSORING involved on being called up for the NT. I don't know if it happens else were but here we stop everything we are doing to hear on who is called up for the NT and seconds after it we are at each other's throats on why he called up 'X' and not 'Z'.

And Hulk will never have the Supporter's appeal, or the "political" factor. less that 1% of the Brazilians watch the Champion's league and more than a quarter of those know jack about the Portuguese league. So unless he signs a Huge sponsor deal I don't think we'll be hearing of him.

So your saying that if you don't have a big sponsorship deal you can't play for Brazil. IMO that is a disgrace and no wonder why Deco and Pepe joined our selacao.

Anyways enough of that. Do you think Liedson deserves a spot in the Brazilian national team? After years of constant scoring and playing top football in Portugal he hasn't been called up to the NT. IMO i would rather see Liedson in the Brazil squad rather then Nilmar. Again it shows Dunga's ignorance by not looking outside of the top 3 leagues.

Oh yeah' date=' and the only changes I would make are:

Out:

Klebler (LB) (Internacional)

Julio Baptista (AM) (Roma)

In:

Felipe Melo (LB) (Liverpool)

Diego (AM) (Werder Bremen -> Juventus)[/quote']

Felipe Melo is a a central midfielder for Fiorentina who is already in the squad.

Fabio Aurelio is the LB for Liverpool.

I'm starting to wonder if you're trying to be funny or actually have a poor general knowledge of your own countries players...

And that's a good point, why is there no Diego?

Here is the new Brazilian NT:

Keepers:

Julio César (Internazionale)

Gomes (Tottenham)

Victor (Grêmio)

LB/RBs:

Maicon (Internazionale)

Daniel Alves (Barcelona)

Kleber (Internacional)

André Santos (Corinthians)

Centre-backs:

Alex (Chelsea)

Juan (Roma)

Lúcio (Bayern Munchen)

Luisão (Benfica)

Midfielders:

Anderson (Manchester United)

Gilberto Silva (Panathinaikos)

Josué (Wolfsburg)

Ramires (Cruzeiro)

Elano (Manchester City)

Felipe Melo (Fiorentina)

Júlio Baptista (Roma)

Kaká (Milan)

Strikers:

Alexandre Pato (Milan)

Luís Fabiano (Sevilla)

Nilmar (Internacional)

Robinho (Manchester City)

ohhhhhhhhh holy jaysus :eek::rolleyes:

• 2 weeks later...

Felipe Melo is a a central midfielder for Fiorentina who is already in the squad.

Fabio Aurelio is the LB for Liverpool.

I'm starting to wonder if you're trying to be funny or actually have a poor general knowledge of your own countries players...

And that's a good point' date=' why is there no Diego?[/quote']

Sorry Honest Mistake, I usually mistake both players name when I am drunk, there are others names that I mess up usually while being drunk too such as Neil Armstrong (astronaut) and Louis Armstrong (Jazz player), and Hellen Gracie (Ex- Minister) and Rickson Gracie (Jiu Jitsu Champion)

Diego hasn't performed well in all of Dunga's team, not to mention the Olympic fiasco and I believe they had some sort of argument after the Olympics, since then Diego wasn't called up again. But I see he is flying on the field and if he had played that UEFA cup Final there would be a whole other story...

So your saying that if you don't have a big sponsorship deal you can't play for Brazil. IMO that is a disgrace and no wonder why Deco and Pepe joined our selacao.

Anyways enough of that. Do you think Liedson deserves a spot in the Brazilian national team? After years of constant scoring and playing top football in Portugal he hasn't been called up to the NT. IMO i would rather see Liedson in the Brazil squad rather then Nilmar. Again it shows Dunga's ignorance by not looking outside of the top 3 leagues.

Liedson? hell no we have better strikers back home, I'd put Kleber from Cruzeiro ahead of him, You guys can grant him citizenship (I mean for Brazilians all it takes is 1 year living in Portugal without committing any crimes and having a steady source of income...) and add him to the Portuguese NT as you guys clearly need him more than we do. But then again Portugal is not even going to make it to the World cup will it?

• 3 weeks later...

Thought i'd just bump this old thread...

Ramires is looking like a very good buy seeing as he is still only rated 89. His performances in SA have not done his standing any harm & he could have a good NT career ahead of him.

Meanwhile Andre Santos is surely a must buy too at 86. Ok he's far from being the best LB Brazil has, but he hasn't looked out of place at the Confederations Cup. Still rated 86!

no fabio aurellio.. pffft coulda said sum1 else lol :|

Well Fabio Aurélio Did Send Dossena, who is a starter on the Italian NT to the bench in Liverpool.

And as for Julio Cesar, Buffon stated that Julio Cesar is better than him in a press Conference before the Brazil x Italy match.

And truth be told, Buffon is better than Casillas.