Ratings You R Unhappy With !

• Replies 159
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Re: Ratings You R Unhappy With ! Here are my thoughts on the players you have mentioned, and why their current ratings should suffice: Llorente - I was disappointed about this, as I thought he would

Re: Ratings You R Unhappy With ! Macheda,wilshere,shelvey,welbeck,asenjo,gibbs,santon,rafael, fabio,stanislas,basquets, i cud go on4 eva. The ratings of these players need 2 go up.

Re: Ratings You R Unhappy With !

Fuller - 86.

11 league goals for Stoke' date=' always one of their better performers but he's only 86. Just look at the ratings of strikers who score the same amount of goals or lower and tell me 86 is right for Fuller.[/quote']

Abdoulaye Faye should have a higher rating too. He has been a rock for them and they gave him a drop to 87. :confused:

I cant believe some people are calling for Lucas to 87. I was one of his biggest critics earlier on in the season but now he's proving me and pretty much everyone else wrong. Ever since he conceded that vital penalty at Wigan he's been outstanding and I mean that, when he's had to come in for Alonso and Masch, he hasn't looked out of his depth at all and for a lad of his age with the stick he's received that is awesome. I'd be very surprised if next time out he wasn't 89 or even 90. As for Benayoun, how he is still 89 when Park Ji Sung went to 90 is outrageous. I agree Park deserves 90, but how is Benayoun - one of Liverpool's best players this season still 89? That is the biggest shock.

benayoun should go up, Berbatov should go down has done nack all 90% of season still rated 93, Tevez got rating decrease when hes a better and more consistent performer than Berbatov, Dirk Kuyt maybe should have got bigger rise but i can see why he dint, Shay Given should have gone up to 92, Ireland should have gone to 91, Brette Hangeland should get rise class player can't think of any at moment but glad to see Navas go up to 92 should have gone up earlier

benayoun should go up' date=' Berbatov should go down has done nack all 90% of season still rated 93, Tevez got rating decrease when hes a better and more consistent performer than Berbatov, Dirk Kuyt maybe should have got bigger rise but i can see why he dint, Shay Given should have gone up to 92, Ireland should have gone to 91, Brette Hangeland should get rise class player can't think of any at moment but glad to see Navas go up to 92 should have gone up earlier[/quote']

Nope Berbatov has done nothing... :rolleyes: He has scored 9 goals in the PL while assisting something like 8 (Uniteds top). Sure thats nothing. Tevez however has only 5 goals and naff all assists. I'm not saying Berba is better but to say he has done nothing and should have his rating decreased is just wrong. Given to 92 for what? Moving to a mickey mouse club? Kuyt is fine at 92, he is not 93 class, Ireland can get 91 if he and City perform well next season again and Hangeland may get 90 depending on Fulhams form in the PL and Europa League.

A few ratings I'd say are wrong are:

Carrick - 93

Agbonglahor - 90

Young - 91

Llorente - 90

Just to name a few.

• 2 weeks later...

Abdoulaye Faye should have a higher rating too. He has been a rock for them and they gave him a drop to 87. :confused:

I could go on and on about why that was wrong, but I'll sum it up like this: Abdoulaye Faye was the second-best centre half in the Premier League this season.

And they gave him a -1.

Of course, these are the same people who gave Brede Hangeland a -1 at the end of last season.

I could go on and on about why that was wrong' date=' but I'll sum it up like this: [b']Abdoulaye Faye was the second-best centre half in the Premier League this season. [/b]

And they gave him a -1.

Of course, these are the same people who gave Brede Hangeland a -1 at the end of last season.

Did I just read that right?

Assuming Vidic was no1:

Ferdinand

Terry

Carragher

Skrtel

Upson

Hangeland

Jagielka

Lescott

Cahill

Davies

I'm sure I could think of about 10 more.

Assuming Vidic was no1:

Ferdinand

Terry

Carragher

Skrtel

Upson

Hangeland

Jagielka

Lescott

Cahill

Davies

The bolded players were the best three centre backs this season. I don't know how Abdoulaye Faye can come into the conversation.

Assuming Vidic was no1:

Ferdinand

Terry

Carragher

Skrtel

Upson

Hangeland

Jagielka

Lescott

Cahill

Davies

I figured I'd need to explain myself :)

I should probably create a new thread on this at some point, but I actually did a very in-depth statistical analysis of every player in the Premier League. This is completely objective, taking into account things like opponent's shot quality allowed, how much defensive help players got from the midfield and forwards, number of defensive actions (tackles, blocks, clearances, etc), fouls committed, how frequently they gave away possession, etc. Here are the top 10 centre halves of 2008/09, in order:

Nemanja Vidic

Abdoulaye Faye

John Terry

Jamie Carragher

Michael Turner

Joleon Lescott

Brede Hangeland

Curtis Davies

Titus Bramble

Ryan Shawcross

Stoke's back four had an incredibly tough job. They got no help whatsoever from their midfield, Sorenson's distribution and shot stopping were below average, and they were constantly under pressure due to holding the lowest possession rate in the league. Faye and Shawcross were basically their only line of defence, so those two deserve a ton of credit. It was pretty much those two, and some unbelievable finishing from Fuller and Beattie, that kept Stoke up.

Toni should be 91

Dzeko should be 92

Are you trying to be funny?

Negredo should be 91

Have you actually seen him play?

As for the Benayoun v Park -> One of them is an impact sub for a team with no silverware. Yes, he's played well, but he's not a starter or even used in rotation, just as cover or sub. The other has played pretty regularly for the EPL, LC, WCC winners and CL finalists. "Outrageous" that they're not on the same rating? What's more outrageous is that Park is only one rating higher.

The biggest shocker of the season is Johnson not going up. England regular, one of Portsmouth best players, and has even done well on that attack. Named in the EPL team of the season. Easily worth a 90. And before the old "but Portsmouth aren't doing well" argument - has Johnson really not performed as well as Defoe or Diarra did last season? Kranjcar this season?

Was disappointed about Agbonlahor and Young, but Villa did have a quite a big collapse and these two's early super performances dried out.

As for the Benayoun v Park -> One of them is an impact sub for a team with no silverware. Yes' date=' he's played well, but he's not a starter or even used in rotation, just as cover or sub. The other has played pretty regularly for the EPL, LC, WCC winners and CL finalists. "Outrageous" that they're not on the same rating? What's more outrageous is that Park is only one rating higher.[/quote']

According to the guardian stats Benayoun started exacty the same amount of games as Park.

According to the guardian stats Benayoun started exacty the same amount of games as Park.

So he does. That's surprising, had no idea Benayoun made 21 starts for Liverpool!

Nonetheless, the ratings are fair, considering one plays for the EPL, LC and WCC winners and CL runners up, the other for the EPL runners up.. and nothing else.

Kiko' Macheda, should NOT be were he is now, 80. He was just a one game wonder :rolleyes: He's started 2 games for us, once against Everton and once againts Hull, he did absoloutely nothing in them, then in the first 2 games he came on as a sub in the EPL, he scored 2 fluke goals, which arguably may have won us the title. For me, hes no higher than a 76 atm.

Nicolas Anelka, No way is he still a 92. Being top scorer in the EPL with what, 18-19 goals? yes its bad for top scorer, but still, he deserves 93 with them goals in the prem. If Tevez has just dropped from 94 reasonably because of the lack of game time, then Anelka deserves 93, aswell as Adebayor being 93.

Florent Malouda. Was my first signing on SM and i've still got him at the club i bought him with, always been following him every game hes played, and hes still only 91. I bought him when he was a 92, and with the minutes hes been racking up for Chelsea, surely deserves that 92 again, and with the form he had towards the end of the season for chelsea, minutes, a few goals and some assists too, could arguably be the best player for Chelsea in their last 5 games of the season?

There are plenty more im not too sure about, but i won't go on bothering you.