Worldwide Football Transfers Thread - 100% Official Only Please

Burrow27

Guest Toggs

Re: Worldwide Football Transfers Thread - 100% Official Only Please

Martin Cacares has been loaned too Juve for a season from Barca.

And Somerset are in the 2020 Finals Day! :D Absolutly irrelavant too this thread. :)

:eek: As a Ligue 1 viewer, I'm quite shocked with this move: "Lyon have reached an agreement to sign French international striker Bafetimbi Gomis on a five-year deal." "The 23-year-old is to make the switch from bitter rivals St Etienne for a sum of €15million (£12.8m)."

http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,12875_5460341,00.html

I can't believe Lyon made this move, especially after the dismal season Gomis had last season, only putting up 9 goals, 2 of which he scored on the last day of the season! Well on the contrary, i still think he's a talented forward, a player much like Drogba, in that he likes to play in a very CF way in the last third of the park, loves to get on through balls and aerial attacks, also a couple of goal poachers goals RVN style, also to be fair to him he didn't get exactly great service while at Saint Ettiene, so things could work out for him at Lyon, just bit of a risky buy at £12.8m i feel, at least now at a big club though we'll be able to see if he can fulfill his potential, could also have a real good chance of making the 2010 WC for France since being dropped, will face competition from Anelka, Benzema, Henry, Gignac, Remy, Trezegol, a few others too, all quite a handful so he'll have to have a special year. :)

Guest Toggs

30th July 2009

Alvaro Arbeloa completed his 3.5M move too Real Madrid.

Marseille have agreed 'In Principal' too sign Argentinan defender, Gabriel Heinze.

Parma sign Italian veteran, Christian Panucci from Roma.

AND FINALLY!

Yeovil complete the signing of Dean Bowditch after his sucessful trial.

:eek: As a Ligue 1 viewer' date=' I'm quite shocked with this move: [b']"Lyon have reached an agreement to sign French international striker Bafetimbi Gomis on a five-year deal." "The 23-year-old is to make the switch from bitter rivals St Etienne for a sum of €15million (£12.8m)."[/b]

http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,12875_5460341,00.html

I can't believe Lyon made this move, especially after the dismal season Gomis had last season, only putting up 9 goals, 2 of which he scored on the last day of the season! Well on the contrary, i still think he's a talented forward, a player much like Drogba, in that he likes to play in a very CF way in the last third of the park, loves to get on through balls and aerial attacks, also a couple of goal poachers goals RVN style, also to be fair to him he didn't get exactly great service while at Saint Ettiene, so things could work out for him at Lyon, just bit of a risky buy at £12.8m i feel, at least now at a big club though we'll be able to see if he can fulfill his potential, could also have a real good chance of making the 2010 WC for France since being dropped, will face competition from Anelka, Benzema, Henry, Gignac, Remy, Trezegol, a few others too, all quite a handful so he'll have to have a special year. :)

I'm sure he's a substitute for Lisandro.

AND FINALLY!

Yeovil complete the signing of Dean Bowditch after his sucessful trial.

just over 4 seasons ago dean bowditch very nearly joined liverpool - how things have changed...

Guest Toggs

just over 4 seasons ago dean bowditch very nearly joined liverpool - how things have changed...

For the better. ;)

Guest Toggs

Aston Villa have agreed a fee with Leeds for Fabian Delph. Replacement for Barry?

Long-term, because Delph is awful. :P

Guest King Kolo

Deph replacement for Barry LOL.

TBH Delph won't even get on the bench at these clubs yet let alone replace the clubs best midfielder....

Deph replacement for Barry LOL.

TBH Delph won't even get on the bench at these clubs yet let alone replace the clubs best midfielder....

Jesus christ, no-ones even given the lad a chance!

He's obviously not a replacement for Barry, but he's good enough to be a decent squad player. He hasn't played at the top level yet - who knows how good he'll be.

He was voted the best player in the league last season, so how do you know how good he is?

At least give him time to prove himself. :rolleyes:

As for this news, I am gutted. I did know about this already though - strong rumours coming from people have contacts at Leeds claimed he was on his way to Villa months ago (Check the Villa thread - I mentioned it there a month or two ago).

Guest Mr. Razzcocks

I'm a bit gutted about him leaving as I never saw him play in L1 - when Hartlepool played Leeds last season at Victoria Park, he was just on the bench. On the other hand, he could increase from 80. ;)

Delighted he didn't move to Spurs, as he would have played about 1 game all season, but at Villa there is definitely more chance of him getting some game time.

I'm a bit gutted about him leaving as I never saw him play in L1 - when Hartlepool played Leeds last season at Victoria Park' date=' he was just on the bench. On the other hand, he could increase from 80. ;)

Delighted he didn't move to Spurs, as he would have played about 1 game all season, but at Villa there is definitely more chance of him getting some game time.[/quote']

I suppose that is one upside. Hopefully he get some decent playing time.

The move hasn't been completed yet, and as Craig said in the Newcastle thread, Redknapp's new tactics are to monitor who is rivals bid for, then if he's interested, equal the bid and offer higher wages.

On the official site though, Leeds have complimented the way Villa went about the deal (pretty unusual) and have said they will not be negotiating with anyone else, so we will see if the board stay true to their word.

Moving to Spurs or City would be a disaster for Delph, I really hope he has sense should one of them come calling.

Guest Mr. Razzcocks

I suppose that is one upside. Hopefully he get some decent playing time.

The move hasn't been completed yet' date=' and as Craig said in the Newcastle thread, Redknapp's new tactics are to monitor who is rivals bid for, then if he's interested, equal the bid and offer higher wages.

On the official site though, Leeds have complimented the way Villa went about the deal (pretty unusual) and have said they will not be negotiating with anyone else, so we will see if the board stay true to their word.

Moving to Spurs or City would be a disaster for Delph, I really hope he has sense should one of them come calling.[/quote']

Bar the drink-driving incident, Delph seems a sensible young lad. If he doesn't move to Tottenham, he certainly has more sense than Kyle Naughton and Kyle Walker. I still can't understand why they moved to that club, who must have the worst reputation for developing youngsters.

Dorian Dervitte - when he joined Tottenham, everyone tipped him to be something special. When I saw him against Celtic, he looked terrible.

Chris Gunter - Tottenham's staff must be shot for the way they spurned this lad's potential. Just letting him rot in the reserves before selling him into the Chapionship.

Kevin Prince Boateng - Again, it defies belief why they sign an exciting youngster and just waste his talents warming the bench.

I just feel sorry for the likes of Bostock, Rose, Naughton, Walker, Livermore et al. :(