Worldwide Football Transfers Thread - 100% Official Only Please

Burrow27

Guest King Kolo

Re: Worldwide Football Transfers Thread - 100% Official Only Please

Jesus christ' date=' no-ones even given the lad a chance!

He's obviously not a replacement for Barry, but he's good enough to be a decent squad player. He hasn't played at the top level yet - who knows how good he'll be.

He was voted the best player in the league last season, so how do you know how good he is?

At least give him time to prove himself. :rolleyes:

As for this news, I am gutted. I did know about this already though - strong rumours coming from people have contacts at Leeds claimed he was on his way to Villa months ago (Check the Villa thread - I mentioned it there a month or two ago).[/quote']

Check John Bostock though who was probably better than Delph, went to Spurs from Palace for 750k.

Guest Toggs

Check John Bostock though who was probably better than Delph' date=' went to Spurs from Palace for 750k.[/quote']

John Bostock better than Fabian Delph. Good joke... :o

Delph is quality, too good for League One. But he plays for Leeds (That being his only downfall, as he's amazing), so until he moves, it's in my blood I have too hate him and slate him until he moves. :)

As soon as he's a Villa player, he's top notch mind ;)

Delph will do well at Villa imo. O'Neil is a fantastic manager and is great for bringing through the young talent. Just look at their peace cup side the other day, how many youngsters they had in and how well they did.

He will be build long term into being Barry's replacement I can guarantee it. :)

Check John Bostock though who was probably better than Delph' date=' went to Spurs from Palace for 750k.[/quote']

Bostock, untested 16 year old, fringes of Palace team... Delph 19 year old, a season's experience, highest voted League 1 player in the official Football League awards, one of Leeds best players... right.

More potential maybe, but better?

I'm happy for Delph to go to Villa, or Everton. O'Neill and Moyes are both great managers and are excellent at bringing through youth and bringing the best out of their players. Both British too (albeit Scottish :P).

Leeds turned down offers of £2m (reportedly), and wanted £6m (although we're bound to have asked for more than we would be happy to accept, as the board would know we're unlikely to get someone meeting the demands.. apart from City), so the fee is probably in the margin of £3.5m-£4m, maybe rising to £4.5m-£5m depending on appearances, Villa getting into the CL, international appearances, etc. Just guessing here.

How much of that £3m-£4m will go into the balance then? Probably £1m-£2m will be given to Grayson to strengthen (Billy Sharp maybe? if Beckford goes) and the other £2m-£3m will be put into the club.

Should be interesting to see what players that money goes on in coming weeks.

Guest King Kolo

Bostock' date=' untested 16 year old, fringes of Palace team... Delph 19 year old, a season's experience, highest voted League 1 player in the official Football League awards, one of Leeds best players... right.

More potential maybe, but better?

I'm happy for Delph to go to Villa, or Everton. O'Neill and Moyes are both great managers and are excellent at bringing through youth and bringing the best out of their players. Both British too (albeit Scottish :P).

Leeds turned down offers of £2m (reportedly), and wanted £6m (although we're bound to have asked for more than we would be happy to accept, as the board would know we're unlikely to get someone meeting the demands.. apart from City), so the fee is probably in the margin of £3.5m-£4m, maybe rising to £4.5m-£5m depending on appearances, Villa getting into the CL, international appearances, etc. Just guessing here.

How much of that £3m-£4m will go into the balance then? Probably £1m-£2m will be given to Grayson to strengthen (Billy Sharp maybe? if Beckford goes) and the other £2m-£3m will be put into the club.

Should be interesting to see what players that money goes on in coming weeks.[/quote']

Yes but Palace are better than Leeds so it's easier to get into the Leeds side than the Palace side.

And Bostock was only sixteen, had four games and then went to Spurs so you can't really call him a fringe.

Yes but Palace are better than Leeds so it's easier to get into the Leeds side than the Palace side.

And Bostock was only sixteen' date=' had four games and then went to Spurs so you can't really call him a fringe.[/quote']

Have you actually seen Delph play though? Granted, I have never seen Bostock play so I can't judge whether he's better but, even at the age of 18, earlier on in the season just gone, Delph was the main man in Leeds' midfield. He was the playmaker pulling all the strings and was incredibly influential for the side last term. I have no doubt in my mind that Delph is good enough to get into any Championship side. He won't walk into a Premiership XI, but he's good enough to be a decent squad player, like Seftinho mentioned earlier.

Guest King Kolo

Have you actually seen Delph play though? Granted' date=' I have never seen Bostock play so I can't judge whether he's better but, even at the age of 18, earlier on in the season just gone, Delph was [i']the[/i] main man in Leeds' midfield. He was the playmaker pulling all the strings and was incredibly influential for the side last term. I have no doubt in my mind that Delph is good enough to get into any Championship side. He won't walk into a Premiership XI, but he's good enough to be a decent squad player, like Seftinho mentioned earlier.

Yes I have seen him play, Sky Sports twice and all them Leeds fans posting on their thread vids of him.

TBH Bostock could probably walk into a Championship team but he was only fifteen and only played four games but he played more decent than any of our other midfielders at the time who are rated about 80+ now. Bostock has already played in the UEFA Cup for Spurs and has captained the England U17's. Yet he is only 17 and Delph is 19.

Guest Toggs

Havent heard so much rubbish Kolo, Delph is twice the player Bostock is.

Bostock walk into a Championship team, i seriously doubt that. Freedie Sears joined you on loan, and he is a better player than Bostock, but I doubt he will start consistantly for you.

Too be fair, Delph was only given a professional contract last January so he has had limited time too impress, but has already made 44 appearences for Leeds, aged just 19. Has represented the England U21's (Yet too see Bostock do that).

Stop kidding yourself, Bostock couldn't walk into a C'Ship team whatsoever and Delph is much bettter (Although I have my doubts he will start for Villa).

Funnier though... Delph is disqualified from driving until July next year :D

Yes I have seen him play' date=' Sky Sports twice and all them Leeds fans posting on their thread vids of him.

TBH Bostock could probably walk into a Championship team but he was only fifteen and only played four games but he played more decent than any of our other midfielders at the time who are rated about 80+ now. Bostock has already played in the UEFA Cup for Spurs and has captained the England U17's. Yet he is only 17 and Delph is 19.[/quote']

Just so I'm clear - I'm not comparing Delph and Bostock. I honestly don't know which one is better.

However, Bostock is incredibly unproven. I'd love to know how many starts Bostock has actually had in his career (and I mean proper games for his club, not under-17's - I couldn't care less about that). That UEFA Cup appearance is likely to be redundant; I'm sure that if you looked at the Spurs lineup for that game, the amount of Spurs regulars would be minimal.

If Delph goes to somewhere like Villa or Everton where they give youngsters (particularly British youngsters) a chance, then Delph will make at least 15 league appearances next season in my opinion. They may not all be starts, but I reckon he'd get a handful of starts as well. And that's not just because he will be getting the chance - it's because he's good enough.

Bostock, on the other hand, has zero-to-nil chance of getting a single league start under his belt next season. Bold statement perhaps, but I bet I'm right.

Bostock walk into a Championship team' date=' i [b']seriously[/b] doubt that. Freedie Sears joined you on loan, and he is a better player than Bostock, but I doubt he will start consistantly for you.[/b]

I'm not rubbishing everything you just said, but Sears is a definate starter for Palace next season...

Guest Toggs

I'm not rubbishing everything you just said' date=' but Sears is a definate starter for Palace next season...[/quote']

he's not a definite starter at all. Rubbish is he. He wouldn't walk into an upfront posistion when Palace also have good young strikers in Sean Scanell & Victor Moses at the club already, aswell as Summer signing Stern John, who wouldn't of left Southampton too get no games. Even Neil Danns, he's a proven C'Ship striker.

Sorry mate, i've respected and agreed with all your opinions until that one. :(

he's not a definite starter at all. Rubbish is he. He wouldn't walk into an upfront posistion when Palace also have good young strikers in Sean Scanell & Victor Moses at the club already' date=' aswell as Summer signing Stern John, who wouldn't of left Southampton too get no games. Even Neil Danns, he's a proven C'Ship striker.

Sorry mate, i've respected and agreed with all your opinions until that one. :([/quote']

He's basically competing with Scannel and Moses for one place I would of thought, a Warnock team almost has to have a useless hold up striker by proxy. Danns has played across the middle whenever I've seen him, but I do agree that Sears isn't a nailed on starter. He'll get his fair share, mind.

Not sure why the Delph/Bostock comparisons are especially relevant. One's played nearly 50 games for his club where he's stood up and regularly ran the show and been voted the best player in his division. The other played 4 or 5 games and...well yeah. He might turn out to be the better player long term, but Bostock had nowhere near the pedigree that Delph comes with.

And Bostock was only sixteen' date=' had four games and then went to Spurs so you can't really call him a fringe.[/quote']

Really? Really? And how do you come to that conclusion then?

Because when we played you last year, I believe the final result was Crystal Palace 0-4 Leeds.

You're not a tiny bit biased then? One of the best players in League 1 and an U21 international. So why has Bostock not played for the U21s?

Havent heard so much rubbish Kolo' date=' Delph is [b']twice the player[/b] Bostock is.

Bostock walk into a Championship team, i seriously doubt that. Freedie Sears joined you on loan, and he is a better player than Bostock, but I doubt he will start consistantly for you.

Too be fair, Delph was only given a professional contract last January so he has had limited time too impress, but has already made 44 appearences for Leeds, aged just 19. Has represented the England U21's (Yet too see Bostock do that).

Stop kidding yourself, Bostock couldn't walk into a C'Ship team whatsoever and Delph is much bettter (Although I have my doubts he will start for Villa).

Funnier though... Delph is disqualified from driving until July next year :D

That is because King Kolo is full of himself. :rolleyes:

Guest Toggs

That is because King Kolo is full of himself. :rolleyes:

They were Louis'es words' date=' not mine. I just agree :P

Guest Mr. Razzcocks

I'm so much in the pro-Fabian Delph camp, I've started to get trenchfoot from living outdoors for so long. :o

Interesting article from Ken Bates about the matter:

http://www.leedsunited.com/news/chairman-on-delph-deal-20090804_2247585_1742668

Apparently a bid was accepted from Man City a few days before, but the management team had to head to the Gulf to discuss it with the owners, and then said they needed a week to think about it. So with Leeds' season starting this weekend, and the EPL's next weekend, Leeds wanted to agree a deal quickly, and eventually struck up a deal with O'Neill, and are now refusing all other offers.

Does this mean we've pulled out of the City deal? Hopefully it does, however much the extra mil or two might be worth (well, a mil or two), I'd rather see him go to Villa.

In the very last line Bates says: "He (Grayson) does have someone he is close to bringing in and as soon as he does we will announce it." Sounds interesting, can't wait! Probably be a CM or LM (to replace Delph), although a second RB wouldn't go amiss (I doubt it though) and if Beckford is going to be leaving before September, another striker would be needed. Could be anyone.

Interesting article from Ken Bates about the matter:

http://www.leedsunited.com/news/chairman-on-delph-deal-20090804_2247585_1742668

Apparently a bid was accepted from Man City a few days before' date=' but the management team had to head to the Gulf to discuss it with the owners, and then said they needed a week to think about it. So with Leeds' season starting this weekend, and the EPL's next weekend, Leeds wanted to agree a deal quickly, and eventually struck up a deal with O'Neill, and are now refusing all other offers.

Does this mean we've pulled out of the City deal? Hopefully it does, however much the extra mil or two might be worth (well, a mil or two), I'd rather see him go to Villa.

In the very last line Bates says: "He (Grayson) does have someone he is close to bringing in and as soon as he does we will announce it." Sounds interesting, can't wait! Probably be a CM or LM (to replace Delph), although a second RB wouldn't go amiss (I doubt it though) and if Beckford is going to be leaving before September, another striker would be needed. Could be anyone.[/quote']

Viduka!! :eek:

Flip me!

The figure involved for the teenager remains undisclosed, although it is believed to be worth up to £8million with add-ons.

http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,11719_5472030,00.html

Up to £8m? In which case that's about £5m-£6m up front. We're loaded! :D

Just realised that that new signing will probably be Mathieu Baudry (as reminded by SSN) - a French youngster who we had on trial. Apparently he impressed Grayson. All I know is that he's 21, and was voted both Player and Young Player of the season for Troyes who got relegated from Ligue 2. I'm gonna find Phillippe and see if he knows anything..

Of course the problem with having all that money is that other clubs will be forcing us to pay over the odds...

About £4m of that will go into the club, but it's great to know that we are fine financially and don't have to worry about administration when we are churning out money like that. Also great to see, that despite being in L1, we're still churning out top talents worth £8m.

Guest King Kolo

he's not a definite starter at all. Rubbish is he. He wouldn't walk into an upfront posistion when Palace also have good young strikers in Sean Scanell & Victor Moses at the club already' date=' aswell as Summer signing Stern John, who wouldn't of left Southampton too get no games. Even Neil Danns, he's a proven C'Ship striker.

Sorry mate, i've respected and agreed with all your opinions until that one. :([/quote']

LOL me talk rubbish??

1. Moses and Scannel and wingers, Sears is a CF...

2. Danns a proven Championship striker..? he's a Midfielder and he hardly got games at Birmingham

3. Yes we signed Stern John, but him and Sears played well up front in our last two friendlies and Warnock played our best squad so they'll probably both start up front.

-----Speroni-------

-Clyne-Fonte-Mccarthy-Hills

-Scannel-Danns/Carle-Ambrose-Moses

----John-----Sears.

Guest Mr. Razzcocks

LOL me talk rubbish??

1. Moses and Scannel and wingers' date=' Sears is a CF...

2. Danns a proven Championship striker..? he's a Midfielder and he hardly got games at Birmingham

3. Yes we signed Stern John, but him and Sears played well up front in our last two friendlies and Warnock played our best squad so they'll probably both start up front.

-----Speroni-------

-Clyne-Fonte-Mccarthy-Hills

-Scannel-Danns/Carle-Ambrose-Moses

----John-----Sears.[/quote']

And you still think you'll get promoted ? :eek:

I think you're dreaming, little boy.