Worldwide Football Transfers Thread - 100% Official Only Please

Burrow27

Re: Worldwide Football Transfers Thread - 100% Official Only Please

Roque Santa Cruz has signed for Manchester City. What a waste of £18 million.

8-7-6-0-4-3-19-6

the number of goals roque santa cruz has scored per season in the last 8 seasons (53 in total from 202 appearances) - an average of just over a goal every 4 games, somehow makes him an £18m striker :confused:

8-7-6-0-4-3-19-6

the number of goals roque santa cruz has scored per season in the last 8 seasons (53 in total from 202 appearances) - an average of just over a goal every 4 games' date=' somehow makes him an £18m striker :confused:[/quote']

He is not a £18 million striker. Mark Hughes is paying massive money for average players (Bellamy, Bridge, Santa Cruz and De Jong). You could probably sign much better for this kind of money. I think Hughes will be sacked this season.

He is not a £18 million striker. Mark Hughes is paying massive money for average players (Bellamy' date=' Bridge, Santa Cruz and De Jong). You could probably sign much better for this kind of money. I think Hughes will be sacked this season.[/quote']

IMO de jong could justify his fee in time (although he could have been had for £2-3m this summer) and bellamy's could justify that fee if he could stay healthy (but he never is), but santa cruz is for me a £5-6m player tops - if they spent that kind of money on someone like dzeko or even a young stud like keirrison i could understand, or even if they paid that much money for him last summer but santa cruz's stats just scream 'one season wonder' at me and he's not worth anything near £18m

anyway - liverpool have agreed a deal with pompey and the player for glen johnson - deal looks like it'll be concluded on july 1st

http://www.liverpoolfc.tv/news/drilldown/N164842090622-1758.htm

Johnson is a very good full back and is better than Arbeloa IMO. I think he will improve your team a lot. I think you could do with a better, more consistent left back than Aurelio to win the title. A young centre half to replace Hyypia would not be a bad buy either.

Johnson is a very good full back and is better than Arbeloa IMO. I think he will improve your team a lot. I think you could do with a better' date=' more consistent left back than Aurelio to win the title. A young centre half to replace Hyypia would not be a bad buy either.[/quote']

johnson's definitely better going forward than arbeloa, and it looks like arbeloa's a bit homesick so he'll be off - mr suave's done a new job on his first day there getting the johnson deal secured.

aurelio's pretty good tbh - not spectacular but did a good job, but i think insua will probably edge him out of the team as the season goes on (at least I hope so), and with regards to hyypia i think johnson's played a bit of CB in his career, so him or a youth can be backup to carra/skrtel/agger

The only reason I can think for that could be the sale of Joe Hart possibly to Birmingham which would be great :D

If you do loan him, I hope he does well for you.

I wonder if Kasper Schmeichel will be leaving City as well.

Guest Mr. Razzcocks

I'm starting to feel sorry for most of the young lads at Manchester City, but in particular Kasper Schmeichel.

He did well when Sven was in charge of Manchester, but once Mark Hughes got in charge and saw the cash that was waved in front of his face, things started to get a bit silly. Shay Given, fair enough, is a great keeper that should be winning trophies. But what the club have seem to forgotten about is players like Joe Hart and Schmeichel, who gave their all for the club.

Don't forget about Danny Sturridge, either. A very good striker who looks like he will be moving to West Ham for a free transfer. That is definitely Manchester's loss, especially as I think he has the potential to become one of England's best strikers in a few years time.

City need to realise that they can't just buy their way into the top 4; using their youth system (which surely must be one of the best in the country) will help them achieve the domination Mark Hughes and the Arabs crave. Look at Manchester United in the 90's - Fergie turned a weak youth academy and produced people like David Beckham, Nicky Butt, Ryan Giggs, the Neville brothers, and Paul Scholes. They later became the nucleus of Manchester United.

Come on, Manchester City, and realise that using your youngsters could help you save a lot of money - and could help you win some trophies along the way.

I'm starting to feel sorry for most of the young lads at Manchester City' date=' but in particular Kasper Schmeichel.

He did well when Sven was in charge of Manchester, but once Mark Hughes got in charge and saw the cash that was waved in front of his face, things started to get a bit silly. Shay Given, fair enough, is a great keeper that should be winning trophies. But what the club have seem to forgotten about is players like Joe Hart and Schmeichel, who gave their all for the club.

Don't forget about Danny Sturridge, either. A very good striker who looks like he will be moving to West Ham for a free transfer. That is definitely Manchester's loss, especially as I think he has the potential to become one of England's best strikers in a few years time.

City need to realise that they can't just buy their way into the top 4; using their youth system (which surely must be one of the best in the country) will help them achieve the domination Mark Hughes and the Arabs crave. Look at Manchester United in the 90's - Fergie turned a weak youth academy and produced people like David Beckham, Nicky Butt, Ryan Giggs, the Neville brothers, and Paul Scholes. They later became the nucleus of Manchester United.

Come on, Manchester City, and realise that using your youngsters could help you save a lot of money - and could help you win some trophies along the way.[/quote']

I agree with what you are saying, but there is no way that Kasper Schmeichel is a Premier League standard goalkeeper. You pointed out that he did "very well" when given a chance early in the Eriksson reign. I would disagree as he made a series of dodgy mistakes but was never really punished for them. Yes, he was young and relatively inexperienced but the number of mistakes he did make was rather alarming. I remember watching the match against Manchester United (remembered mainly for Geovanni's stunning effort in a well-deserved 1-0 win) and Schmeichel won a lot of plaudits for his display. For me, however, he made several blunders, spilling the ball on numerous occasions but he was never made to pay by the United forward line. Just because he kept a clean sheet, doesn't necessarily mean you have a good game. Granted, he does have some promising aspects to his game, such as a decent shot-stopping ability, which he proved when he saved a penalty from Robin Van Persie. But even now, two years since that spell in the Man City first team, he has yet to improve key aspects of his game, such as his communication, command in the area and a clean catching ability. Since this period, he has only had loan spells with Cardiff and Coventry, and I think that saying that that is his level may even be generous. He is certainly lightyears away from the ability his father possessed.

Having said all that, there are a few youngsters at Eastlands who are being neglected. Joe Hart is the obvious one, as he was having a pretty decent season before City's Arab owners decided Shay Given is a more capable 'keeper. I don't think there's much doubt that Given is a better goalkeeper, but Hart is still young and the only way he will improve is through game time. I really hope his loan move to Birmingham, or any other EPL team in need of a first-choice shotstopper, goes through, as Hart needs to be a regular starter for him to continue his development and become a viable future England starter. I think that move could work out much the same as Scott Carson's move to West Brom last season, as Carson was often a bright spark in a rather limp and feeble Baggies defence.

The other youngster you mentioned is Daniel Sturridge who appears to have bags of potential which the Citizens are seriously threatening to throw away. Sturridge has shown his potential on numerous occasions, most notably last season when he single handedly won Man City's away fixture to Blackburn last term, coming off the bench to net the equaliser before setting up Robinho for the winner (I think - it could have been vice-versa). The problem for Sturridge is that Man City's new owners seem infatuated with improving the forward line, when the real problems lie at the back (and possibly on the wing). Yes, a star striker could be good for them, but the amount of forward players they are linked with is rather ridiculous and detrimental to the focus and attitude of rising stars such as Sturridge.

If I were in charge of City, I would push a move for Tevez and have him pair Craig Bellamy up front, moving Robinho out to the left wing, albeit in a very advanced postition. The bonus here is that Bellamy is so injury prone, Sturridge, along with Felipe Caceido, will be guarenteed plenty of playing time over the course of the season. I reckon Jo could potentially be offloaded, Everton being the most obvious destination, although it would certainly be a big loss on the amount they shelled out for him. Although I quite like him, Valeri Bojinov should be made surplus to requirements, while Darius Vassell, Ched Evans and possible Benjani can all leave too. That's what I reckon I'd do, but all that is shot in the water right now with the arrival of Roque Santa Cruz. I'm fairly confident that Tevez will join Man City and form a pretty impressive South American forward line in Robinho, Santa Cruz and Tevez. With the likes of Bellamy, Caceido and Jo still about, that leaves little room for Sturridge. If he moves to some where like West Ham, I think that will be a great move for him and will most certainly be City's loss, like you say. Zola is exactly the sort of mentor he needs to hone his attacking skills.

Someone who seems to be forgotten about lately is Micheal Johnson. He once had a long run in the first team and he impressed me hugely. However, since then he has been beset by injuries and personal problems, so I understand. My Uncle is an avid City fan and tells me that Johson has quite a poor attitude and mixes in the wrong crowds. Apparently, he is good mates with Joey Barton, from Barton's time in the blue-half of Manchester, and if there's ever a person to lead you astray in football, it has to be JB. Johnson could possibly do with a loan spell, just like Joe Hart, perhaps. A long spell in the starting XI of an EPL side could really help him clear his head and put him back in the right direction, especially seeing as his is now well down the pecking order following Gareth Barry's arrival at Eastlands.

Other youngsters who shouldn't be forgotten are Nedum Onuoha and Micah Richards. They are in a better position than their young colleagues judging by City's refusal to upgrade their dodgy backline - the clear flaw in their plan to become a force to be reckoned with. Richards, who played almost the whole of 2007/08 at CB before splitting his role as CB and RB last season needs some clarification on his position. For me, his best position is RB where he can using his power and physique to make those charging runs up and down the right wing that got earned him a place in the England squad. When he plays at CB, he never appears to have enough confidence or conviction to carry off a complete performance in this position and is often exposed by opposition attackers. I think he could have potential to become a good centre-back later in his career, but I think, at this stage of his career, a full-back role would be most fitting.

Onuoha is equally versatile and had a very promising campaign last season. Is he a viable top-6 starting defender right now? I don't think so. I think the best thing for him would be if City signed a world-class CB to partner Richard Dunne (a lot of people don't rate Dunne too much, but I think he's a decent player, still with much to offer). That way, Onuoha can be third-choice centre-back and second-choice right-back behind Richards, which will easily amount to a good chunk of game-time.

As for youngsters such as Vladimir Weiss and Shaleum Logan, I think you can kiss your hopes of a Man City career goodbye, unless you truly are special. If there's too much competition for places for the likes of Sturridge and Johnson, then less-experienced talent have little-to-no chance.

Evaluating Man City's squad as a whole, I think they are very close to creating a side worthy of challenging the top 4, but fall short a la Aston Villa and Everton. Signing Tevez would give them a deadly strikeforce, but they really need a world-class centre-half, maybe even two. Making those two signings could make their season, but even then, I reckon 6th spot is about the best they should hope for this term.

Anyway, this quick reply soon turned into a monster essay, so I apologise for wasting so much of your time! Many of you may disagree with what I am saying, especially City fans. However, that's just my insight on the situation from and outsider's point of view.

I agree with what you are saying' date=' but there is no way that Kasper Schmeichel is a Premier League standard goalkeeper. You pointed out that he did "very well" when given a chance early in the Eriksson reign. I would disagree as he made a series of dodgy mistakes but was never really punished for them. Yes, he was young and relatively inexperienced but the number of mistakes he did make was rather alarming. I remember watching the match against Manchester United (remembered mainly for Geovanni's stunning effort in a well-deserved 1-0 win) and Schmeichel won a lot of plaudits for his display. For me, however, he made several blunders, spilling the ball on numerous occasions but he was never made to pay by the United forward line. Just because he kept a clean sheet, doesn't necessarily mean you have a good game. Granted, he does have some promising aspects to his game, such as a decent shot-stopping ability, which he proved when he saved a penalty from Robin Van Persie. But even now, two years since that spell in the Man City first team, he has yet to improve key aspects of his game, such as his communication, command in the area and a clean catching ability. Since this period, he has only had loan spells with Cardiff and Coventry, and I think that saying that that is his level may even be generous. He is certainly lightyears away from the ability his father possessed.

Having said all that, there are a few youngsters at Eastlands who are being neglected. Joe Hart is the obvious one, as he was having a pretty decent season before City's Arab owners decided Shay Given is a more capable 'keeper. I don't think there's much doubt that Given is a better goalkeeper, but Hart is still young and the only way he will improve is through game time. I really hope his loan move to Birmingham, or any other EPL team in need of a first-choice shotstopper, goes through, as Hart needs to be a regular starter for him to continue his development and become a viable future England starter. I think that move could work out much the same as Scott Carson's move to West Brom last season, as Carson was often a bright spark in a rather limp and feeble Baggies defence.

The other youngster you mentioned is Daniel Sturridge who appears to have bags of potential which the Citizens are seriously threatening to throw away. Sturridge has shown his potential on numerous occasions, most notably last season when he single handedly won Man City's away fixture to Blackburn last term, coming off the bench to net the equaliser before setting up Robinho for the winner (I think - it could have been vice-versa). The problem for Sturridge is that Man City's new owners seem infatuated with improving the forward line, when the real problems lie at the back (and possibly on the wing). Yes, a star striker could be good for them, but the amount of forward players they are linked with is rather ridiculous and detrimental to the focus and attitude of rising stars such as Sturridge.

If I were in charge of City, I would push a move for Tevez and have him pair Craig Bellamy up front, moving Robinho out to the left wing, albeit in a very advanced postition. The bonus here is that Bellamy is so injury prone, Sturridge, along with Felipe Caceido, will be guarenteed plenty of playing time over the course of the season. I reckon Jo could potentially be offloaded, Everton being the most obvious destination, although it would certainly be a big loss on the amount they shelled out for him. Although I quite like him, Valeri Bojinov should be made surplus to requirements, while Darius Vassell, Ched Evans and possible Benjani can all leave too. That's what I reckon I'd do, but all that is shot in the water right now with the arrival of Roque Santa Cruz. I'm fairly confident that Tevez will join Man City and form a pretty impressive South American forward line in Robinho, Santa Cruz and Tevez. With the likes of Bellamy, Caceido and Jo still about, that leaves little room for Sturridge. If he moves to some where like West Ham, I think that will be a great move for him and will most certainly be City's loss, like you say. Zola is exactly the sort of mentor he needs to hone his attacking skills.

Someone who seems to be forgotten about lately is Micheal Johnson. He once had a long run in the first team and he impressed me hugely. However, since then he has been beset by injuries and personal problems, so I understand. My Uncle is an avid City fan and tells me that Johson has quite a poor attitude and mixes in the wrong crowds. Apparently, he is good mates with Joey Barton, from Barton's time in the blue-half of Manchester, and if there's ever a person to lead you astray in football, it has to be JB. Johnson could possibly do with a loan spell, just like Joe Hart, perhaps. A long spell in the starting XI of an EPL side could really help him clear his head and put him back in the right direction, especially seeing as his is now well down the pecking order following Gareth Barry's arrival at Eastlands.

Other youngsters who shouldn't be forgotten are Nedum Onuoha and Micah Richards. They are in a better position than their young colleagues judging by City's refusal to upgrade their dodgy backline - the clear flaw in their plan to become a force to be reckoned with. Richards, who played almost the whole of 2007/08 at CB before splitting his role as CB and RB last season needs some clarification on his position. For me, his best position is RB where he can using his power and physique to make those charging runs up and down the right wing that got earned him a place in the England squad. When he plays at CB, he never appears to have enough confidence or conviction to carry off a complete performance in this position and is often exposed by opposition attackers. I think he could have potential to become a good centre-back later in his career, but I think, at this stage of his career, a full-back role would be most fitting.

Onuoha is equally versatile and had a very promising campaign last season. Is he a viable top-6 starting defender right now? I don't think so. I think the best thing for him would be if City signed a world-class CB to partner Richard Dunne (a lot of people don't rate Dunne too much, but I think he's a decent player, still with much to offer). That way, Onuoha can be third-choice centre-back and second-choice right-back behind Richards, which will easily amount to a good chunk of game-time.

As for youngsters such as Vladimir Weiss and Shaleum Logan, I think you can kiss your hopes of a Man City career goodbye, unless you truly are special. If there's too much competition for places for the likes of Sturridge and Johnson, then less-experienced talent have little-to-no chance.

Evaluating Man City's squad as a whole, I think they are very close to creating a side worthy of challenging the top 4, but fall short a la Aston Villa and Everton. Signing Tevez would give them a deadly strikeforce, but they really need a world-class centre-half, maybe even two. Making those two signings could make their season, but even then, I reckon 6th spot is about the best they should hope for this term.

Anyway, this quick reply soon turned into a monster essay, so I apologise for wasting so much of your time! Many of you may disagree with what I am saying, especially City fans. However, that's just my insight on the situation from and outsider's point of view.[/quote']

Hey, thought i'd give my view on this. I'd like to start by saying very nice post there, proves why many people rate you highly as a very good overall forumer. Back on the subject of Kasper Schmeichel, i'll admit he was in a way led into the youth setup not because of quality but because his Dad was a keeper at MCFC in the 03 season and he got Kasper Schmeichel involved in the Youth Setup. We've had him in the senior squad for 2-3 seasons now, and even when we have had keeper worries, he has been dropped ahead of many keepers incluidng unheard of keepers MCFC have had in the past such as Geert De Vlieger and many more. Kasper Schmeichel was eventually given a change under Sven Goran Erikkson because Isakkson was injured. Hart was virtually unknown after signing from his League 1 side, so the only option was Kasper Schmeichel. He filled the boots of Isakkson i'll admit very well in a few games, but overall sumarrisng his peformances i doubt whether he was anywhere near MCFC standard even then, when we boasted our best player being Bernardo Corradi or Georgios Samaras. Kasper Schmeichel on a whole was never up to being MCFC standard and with the cash injection into MCFC he never ever will be. I'm not suprised he hasn't been sold at an earlier date because he has been out of favour with many managers at City, these being Keegan, Pearce and Hughes with Sven being the only exception. I don't feel sorry for him in the context that he has never been given a chance, but if your not getting played and season after season you can see the way it's going, wouldn't you do the best thing for yourself and your career and hand in a transfer request?

As with City's youth system i feel it's being far from neglected. Yes, Joe Hart played a fantastic part in playing as Goalkeeper for the early part of the season but from an honest, neutral point of view, i felt uncomfortable at times watching his peformances. Like Kasper Schmeichel, in many areas of being a Goalkeeper at the top flight he did make some basic mistakes which Given has rectified. Joe Hart without a doubt is a fantastic keeper and a great prospect for the future. After buying him for 650k in June 07, he developed through the youth ranks ahead of Kasper Schmeichel and was promoted to the first squad as an understudy to Issakson, but Kasper Schmeichel also did the same and this led to his inclusion under the Sven Goran Erikkson regime. You could question though on a whole, is MCFC's youth system which has brought through players such as Shaun Wright Phillips, Micah Richards, Nedum Ounhoa and many more are begining to hit a downward slope with many youth prospects being neglected. Lets ask which youth players are in the squad in the first place. Ched Evans, would have put money on him leaving but a deal was rejected from Sheffield United worth the value of 1.75M. I'll admit i've never rated him, but rejecting the bid symbolises that MCFC will either not just let players leave for pennies, but the fact that in someway they still do care about the youth system. Now with Daniel Sturridge. Sturridge has been in talks with Mark Hughes, Garry Cook and many members of MCFC's board over a new contract since the Janruary transfer window after the deal to swap him for Santa Cruz fell through. It's believed that after starting to offer him a reasonable contract fee, Sturridge used the incentive of MCFC having as much money as they do to ask for more, and more in his contract. We're now at a stage where Sturridge still hasn't signed a contract and Hughes has stated that he will only offer what is right for a player of his quality. I feel Sturridge will be the only exeption to MCFC's youth system being strengthened and monitored and as much as i rate him as a player, Chelsea or West Ham could swoop for him either offering a fair fee so MCFC can at least cash in on him a bit, or they'll simply wait till his contract runs out.

Andy you also mentioned that MCFC's approach towards stengthening the strikeforce is rather 'ridiculous and detrimental'. To a certain extent i agree and disagree. Ever since i've supported City and been old enough to follow them in detail, now at 15 since at least 2002/2003 we've struggled with the strike force and attacking options. I can name a list of players who City have signed hoping for the best and saying these will solve City's goalscoring worries. Corradi, Samaras, Bianchi, Vuoso, Siberski, to name a few where all brought in with Samaras being a record signing of 11M back in 2005, and they managed to just hit double figures in goals between them added together. City has always struggled since the Shaun Goater and Paulo Wanchope days where they led the front line. A ressurgence of goals was seen in 07/08 with Elano and Petrov along with Caicedo and Ireland providing an attack, but we're still craving a clinical and quality striker. Robinho was made to work far, far, far to much last season with the weight of expectation on the Brazilian being by overpowering. He is world class, he does have an amazing quality and work-rate but the fact we expected him to be winning every ball, making every attack, scoring every goal was never going to be the best way forward. Then again he still finished the season with 12/13 goals to his name despite the many criticisms of his desire to play for a club such as Manchester City FC and the investigations which went on about Rape and him fleeing the club in the Janruary transfer window to Brazil to escape all the problems and criticisms that faced him.

The way City in my opinion should strengthen and structure there attacking option is that they should organise in three tiers. According to reports, MCFC are very close to completing the transfers of Tevez which has been on the cards for just under two months, and Eto'o who as much as people say he isn't going to move, and the Barca chairman saying today publically that he expected him to still be at Barca next season, Eto'o is part of not only City's strengthening the attack but advertising Manchester City as a global franchise and club, targeting Eto'o because of the publicity in Africa as he is the footballing role model to all Africans winning the African Player of the award 3 times, more than any african player ever. Anyway that's off topic. These in my opinion will be the main two strikers with then a 3 backup strikers enforced. I feel it's slightly unfair based on their qualities but it looks like it could be Bellamy, Cruz and Bojinov. These would be rotated into the squad, and would be more than surplus to requirements. Then they should enforce a youth striking option with C.Evans and Sturridge but with the exit of Sturridge looking more and more likely by the day, i think Evans will stay and provide a youth option with Vladmir Weiss also being a very attacking minded, and goal-scoring player. This system would end the MCFC careers of players such as Benjani, Vassell and Bianchi who is still on loan in Italy. Jo will also move out on loan to either another EPL team or be sold to a team somewhere else in the world with a move to former club very likely according to some newspapers.

Then there is the strengtheing of the rest of the squad such as the defence and midfield. I think the way Hughes is doing it is in stages. I think our Midfield is as strong as it can be with there being many options in CM especially where Barry, Kompany in DM, De Jong, Ireland, Gelson etc can all fit into. Gelson will be most likely on his way out of the club, and i can also see Elano moving to Inter Milan. SWP will still retain his position in RM with LM most likely being handed to Robinho permamently with Zabaleta also being able to fit into this role or right back position. Also Martin Petrov will be sold i feel back to Spain, or to another team in the EPL interested in securing his services. Then there is the problem with the defence. Expect to see major changes with MCFC's defence and it's system. Dunne is set to join Sunderland, Richards has been linked with Liverpool which leaves problems, major problems. How ironic. 2 seasons ago MCFC boasted one of the most strongest defences in the EPL with Dunne and Richards being a very strong defensive partnership, how times change. Since Richards massive knee injury he has never looked the same and has lost most of the quality which nearly led to him earning many English caps on a regular basis. Dunne hasn't been settled all season with his move to Portsmouth falling through in the early parts of the Summer 08 transfer window as Portsmouth had financial worries. Yet again, how times change. Kompany next season will adopt the CB position with Lescott expected to be drafted in i imagine or Kolo Toure. Then Bridge will keep Left Back and Zabaleta at right back. This will lead to the exits of Ball, Dunne, and other fringe defenders not up to the mark at MCFC. Ounhoa will keep his place at City and will be alternated with Zabaleta or Kompany as both of these can revert to a midfield position when necessary.

Finally to end this long-drafted, yet thought out and detailed response people need to understand before criticisng Mark Hughes's spending and the way City are using the Summer and Winter transfer windows. City buying Robinho was a one off. It was a celebration on the behalf of Sheikh Mansour and his delegates who are now fronting the takeover of Portsmouth and it was stating we have this much money and a message to the world. Since then i feel we have bought well to cater the needs of the first team, reserve and youth system. Given without a doubt has been a fantastic signing with Bellamy even though we were stretched to pay more due to competition from Spurs scored vital goals against FC Kobenhavn. Kompany, and De Jong have been stable and strong defensive midfield players and Zabaleta has allowed MCFC to change the system as he can alternate from RB to RM. Wright Phillips has also been a frightening prospect and at times outshone Robinho last season, leading to an England Call Up. Finally, as much as we are criticised we do have the potential to be a Top 4 club within 3 seasons i believe. Yes we have criticisms. Many of them in fact but Hughes isn't a Mug. He knows what he's doing and he knows whats best for the club. Stuart Taylor, i dont rate much at all. However he knows to do the best for J.Hart which is to keep him active in first team football, he needs an understudy to Given and Taylor who was reported to have signed for 500K is an option which Hughes believes can strengthen and stabalise the squad.

Thanks for reading, and i fully respect you andyowls, your a brilliant forumer with a great footballing mind and i hope you feel the same way about the thoughts above and what i've had to say on this issue. And to anyone reading thanks for reading so long.

Cheers, Mr.MCFC

West Ham have signed Luis Jiminez on loan from Inter Milan.

Awesome.

I hope he can stay fit and show glimpses of the player he was a few years ago. Great addition to the Premiership, even if it is only for a season.

Looks as if its starting to me a competition for the longest posts ever recently on this thread.

I will stick with my usual short posts which get to the point (not saying that yours dont):

West Ham confirm Jimenez capture:

West Ham have completed their first piece of summer transfer business by signing Luis Jimenez on a season-long loan from Inter Milan.

The deal taking the Chilean to Upton Park includes a clause allowing the Hammers to make the move permanent next summer.

The 25-year-old will officially join the club on 1st July, when he is also due to undergo a medical in England.

SKY SPORTS.

Guest Daragh

Awesome.

I hope he can stay fit and show glimpses of the player he was a few years ago. Great addition to the Premiership' date=' even if it is only for a season.[/quote']

I agree

Hoefully he can stay fit as he is a great player. I'm looking forward too seeing him play in the Premiership. West Ham have also been linked with a loan move for Mancini but I can't see that happening.

Firstly, I would like to thank you for the nice comments and commend you on an excellent response. Secondly, I would just like to clear up one thing that you made a point of. Where you picked out my "ridiculous and detrimental" point, perhaps I should have elaborated a bit more. The ridiculous aspect of the Man City situation is the amount of world-class attackers that they are linked with. It should probably be pointed out that much of this is most likely to be paper-talk and that much of the rumours are just rumours. What I find most ridiculous is that, in my opinion, the position that City need to improve most is in defence.

However, you do make good points about Man City's need for a deadly strikeforce - something that they haven't had since the days of Goater and Wanchope, like you said. Right now, I believe they almost have enough quality up front to pose such an enviable threat. Santa Cruz, Bellamy and Robinho are all great players (when fit, Mr. Bellamy), although, I, like you, would like to see Robinho utilised on the left wing. That would leave one more spot for Tevez to take if and when that transfer saga ends. That leaves you with three very good strikers, with Felipe Caceido backing up and Robinho filling in up front if needed (I think we have to presume Sturridge is on his way out of the club). Having Eto'o as well seems a bit unecessary if you ask me and I think his presence in the squad has the potential to be more detrimental than positive. Man City have to be careful that they don't sign too many big "egos" as, when things don't go well, they won't like it one bit. So I'd steer clear of a player of Eto'o's magnitude for now.

When I uttered the word "detrimental", I was referring to the amount of players that Man City are linked with and the affect that this will have on the young stars, such as Sturridge. It's going to do nothing for his confidence that he is wanted at Eastlands and will more than likely force him, amongst others, out the door.

Other than that, I don't have too much to complain about your post, as I think it was very good. I would just question some of the players that could leave and arrive. I think getting rid of Richards would be a bad idea as he still has potential - he just needs someone to put an arm round his shoulder and bring him back down to earth. I would also keep Petrov as he is a good player and was unlucky with injuries last season. City lack options on the left wing, so getting rid of him wouldn't make much sense. Of course, these are things which I would do, when, in all reality, they might just happen. Petrov, in particular, could very well leave, like you predict.

Bringing in Lescott would be a great signing, but I don't think it will happen. I can't see Everton selling any of their best players when they don't need to and Lescott doesn't seem like the character to be persuaded by riches. Kolo Toure is someone I used to rate very highly, but I don't think he would be the answer to your problems. He's no world-class centre-half and I believe his impact on the club could be similar to the one I mentioned regarding Eto'o. If Dunne is to leave, I would look to bringing in a commanding CB, such as Brede Hangeland. If Toure were to join, I think those two could complement each other quite well.

While I might have sounded a bit negative in my comments, like you, I do think that Man City can potentially break into the top four in the next three years, but only if they make the right moves. It is so important that they find the right players that gel together well, and not ones who will contrast and conflict each other's ability.

Also, in no way am I criticising Man City's youth academy. I am a firm believer that it is one of the best in the country and someone is doing a very good job up there.

Well, that ends my debate with Mr.MCFC. Why's he been banned?

Talking about Sturridge' date=' he has now completed a move to Chelsea according to Sky Sports.[/quote']

While I think it was best that he moved away from Manchester, is this really the best destination for him? I'm not sure. I think this move has the potential to make or break his career, although it might be a tad early to make that dramatic a statement.

While I think it was best that he moved away from Manchester' date=' is this really the best destination for him? I'm not sure. I think this move has the potential to make or break his career, although it might be a tad early to make that dramatic a statement.[/quote']

Providing Chelsea do not sign another striker i can see Sturridge getting some game time. Anelka and Kalou are used mainly as wingers and Drogba will be going to the African cup of Nations this year. Sturridge would probably get some game time in the Carling cup and FA cup aswell.