Worldwide Football Transfers Thread - 100% Official Only Please

Burrow27

Re: Worldwide Football Transfers Thread - 100% Official Only Please

Good luck with him. Seriously' date=' he is the most injury-prone player I have ever seen. More so than Michael Owen. In his entire Swindon career, he managed no more than five successive games before injury, and this season managed a maximum of two successive games. It actually got to a stage where the Swindon fans would bet on how long before he had to go off.

And he's not "Swindon's Barry Corr" - he had his contract terminated by mutual consent. ;)

He also began his career with Leeds and got released, no idea where they got Sheffield Wednesday from. :confused:[/quote']

He used to play for us as well. In fact didn't he join Swindon from us? They must have got mixed up or they just didn't do their research very well.

He was pretty injury-prone at Hillsborough as well. He didn't get much of a chance either, but he was absent so much, I never really could make up my mind whether he was good enough or not.

Good luck with him. Seriously' date=' he is the most injury-prone player I have ever seen. More so than Michael Owen. In his entire Swindon career, he managed no more than five successive games before injury, and this season managed a maximum of two successive games. It actually got to a stage where the Swindon fans would bet on how long before he had to go off.

And he's not "Swindon's Barry Corr" - he had his contract terminated by mutual consent. ;)

He also began his career with Leeds and got released, no idea where they got Sheffield Wednesday from. :confused:[/quote']

His last club was Swindon though so same thing :P

Yeah, I've noticed he seems injury prone, but from his stats he looks a good enough striker who is capable of scoring regularly when fit. That seems to be his problem but hopefully he gets some luck and keeps fit :)

Supposedly, Tisdale is looking to bring in another keeper, 2 or 3 left sided defenders, 2 midfielders and 2 strikers (Fleetwood please B)). That was before Golbourne and Corr joined though I think, so 1 or 2 defenders and 1 striker now I guess. Also looking to sign 6 "young development players with potential". ;)

Reading's Scott Golbourne and Swindon's Barry Corr both join Exeter :)

http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,11719_5411611,00.html

Welsh international Richard Duffy is also on trial after being released from Millwall so could join soon as well :)

A Welsh International being released by Milwall, shows how strong of a Nation we are eh? :(:o

Guest Toggs

Just lol. :D

18.48 Michael Owen has signed for Manchester United. It is a done deal with the former Newcastle United striker inking a two-year deal at Old Trafford.

Michael-Owen-Manchester-United-shirt_2325090.jpg

Also, Sturridge completes move too Chelsea - http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,12875_5413917,00.html

Leeds sign Higgs, good experienced goalkeeper - http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,12875_5413988,00.html

He used to play for us as well. In fact didn't he join Swindon from us? They must have got mixed up or they just didn't do their research very well.

He was pretty injury-prone at Hillsborough as well. He didn't get much of a chance either' date=' but he was absent so much, I never really could make up my mind whether he was good enough or not.[/quote']

He did. I think you released him first? Either way he started off at Leeds, got released, went to you, got released, went to Swindon, got released, went to Exeter. I don't think he's ever gone for a fee, but always on the free. Just shows really.

He seems decent enough when he played, but as he never really played that much, like you I found it hard to decide whether he's decent or not.

His last club was Swindon though so same thing :P

Yeah' date=' I've noticed he seems injury prone, but from his stats he looks a good enough striker who is capable of scoring regularly when fit. That seems to be his problem but hopefully he gets some luck and keeps fit :)

Supposedly, Tisdale is looking to bring in another keeper, 2 or 3 left sided defenders, 2 midfielders and 2 strikers (Fleetwood please B)). That was before Golbourne and Corr joined though I think, so 1 or 2 defenders and 1 striker now I guess. Also looking to sign 6 "young development players with potential". ;)[/quote']

If you say so. ;) I just wanted to make it clear that Swindon released him and not that Exeter had managed to 'suade him away from Swindon. :P

Like I said; good luck with him. If he can stay fit, he could be a good striker. But I wasn't exaggerating when I was saying he's more injury-prone than Michael Owen. He has a very dodgy shoulder and it seems it can't be fixed. But when he is fit, he can be decent. I remember in particular, one absolute screamer against Bournemouth in 07/08. He got injured the next match though. But who knows how consistent he is - he hasn't been given the chance.

As Toggs has said, we have signed Higgs. Disappointing really, I was hoping Grayson would let Martin play back-up to Ankergren. Looks like he wants an experienced keeper instead to cover.

Alan O'Brien - Hibernian -> Swindon

24, five caps for Republic of Ireland. Not bad. Got released from Hibs, but League 1 is a lower level than the SPL anyway (well, the top half of the SPL at least) so hopefully he can impress.

SM moved him to Swindon last week, when Swindon had only been linked to him and haven't even started talks. :confused: Jumping the gun a bit, lucky them that he did sign. Swindon tend to lose a lot of players who are all set to join (Tudur-Jones and Theo Robinson already this summer).

AC Milan sign Oguchi Onyewu on a free transfer.

A.C. MILAN OFFICIAL ANNOUNCEMENT

7/7/2009

AC Milan announces to have signed defender OGUCHI ONYEWU, from Standard Liege, at the end of his contract. The player, who played the American national team, is also in possession of the Belgian passport and signed a contract which expires on June 30 2012. This operation proves once again the excellent friendship between our club and Standard Liege, and in particular, with vice president Luciano D'Onofrio.

From Milan's website - http://www.acmilan.com/index.aspx

Ziani from Marseille to Wolfsburg. http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,12875_5420078,00.html

Kerlon from Chievo to Inter. (Shocker :eek: maybe they can get the potential he has onto the field) http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,12875_5419221,00.html

Ferrari from Genoa to Besiktas. http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,12875_5419184,00.html

Atouba from Free Agent (Hamburger SV) to Ajax. http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,12875_5419153,00.html

How bizarre. :confused: When he was on loan at Newcastle he was ordinary. Not good enough for Milan. I know he had a good Confederations Cup but that does not make him a world beater.

Hes impressed me thought since returning to Liege though..... I blame Bramble for making him look bad! :P I rate him and hes on a free.... Won't start for Milan but will be a very useful sub.