Andres Iniesta: Best player in the world? Really?

CaRlHaNsoN

Andres Iniesta: Best player in the world? Really?  

1. 1.

• Best
    • 2nd Best
    • 3rd Best
    • 4th Best
    • 5th Best
    • nth best (n being whatever number you think he is)

Now I know what you're thinking but seriously, this guy is immense. I dunno about worlds best but if you ask me he outshined both Messi and Ronaldo in the final, in the semi final it was his masterstroke which sent them to the final. Whenever he's played in La Liga he's been at least joint best on the pitch and I don't know about everyone else but for me in the later parts of the season he's been better than Xavi and right up there with Messi. I know Guillem Ballague is a massive Barca and Iniesta fan but he knows his football and he hails Iniesta the best, an increasing amount of footballers are calling for it too, even Wayne Rooney was forced to admit it after Iniesta ran the show Last night. As a huge Manchester United and Iniesta fan, it was bitter-sweet to watch him shine on that stage but against the team I love so much. You may recall a while back I was calling for him to reach 96 when he was at 95, and you can bet your house on the fact that when the next ratings changes come around I'll be calling for 97. But the World's best? For me he's definetely in the top 5, I think he's better than Xavi, but better than Gerrard? Hmmm, that's a tough one.

Re: Andres Iniesta: Best player in the world? Really?

Besides Messi and Ronaldo being dubbed 'the best' it is hard to rank other players in an order. There are a group of very talented players right now and Iniesta would be there. I had a discussion with a friend today about how good Iniesta is. I then asked the question, what if Iniesta could shoot more? The response I got was... "Then he'd be Ronaldo". I think the comparisons are similar in a way except for the size difference.

If I HAD to rank Iniesta at this, I'd have him about 5th after Messi, Ronaldo, Xavi and Gerrard. Manchester United have the best CB pairing whilst Barcelona have the best CM pairing.= which I believe won the game for them.

Haven't seen much of him but he looked very good against Manchester United. (Was he Man of the match?, if not he would have been up there)

I had to put him 3rd behind the obvious 2 of Messi and Ronaldo, although Xavi, Gerrard, Kaka and Villa are all chasing just behind him (in my oppinion)

I dont know about you lot but ive seen plenty of Barcelona this season and Iniesta is growing as a player he was in the Euro he had a shaky start but he put in the performances that took them to the final, his season at Barcelona has been hooking up with Xavi in the centre keeping the possesion and scoring themselves, Xavi would not get 97 without Iniesta and Iniesta would not get 96 without Xavi, He's recently put the goals in as well aas his amazing awarness and passing and i think he is more important to Barcelona then Messi or Eto'o, he can become the best in the world and he'll be up there with Messi and Ronaldo next season.

Top 5:

1st Messi

2nd Iniesta

3rd Ronaldo

4th Gerrard

5th Torres

Many said Messi was deficient in heading and scoring against english clubs, well that was weel and truly answered, so he's top imo and just behind has to be Iniesta he never looks in any hurry while on the ball in perfect control, Ronaldo has to be 3rd cus he is still good but has too much of an attitude. Gerrard and Torres are interchangable tbh. B)

He's certainly a class act. Not the best yet though. I still think Messi, Ronaldo and Ribery are ahead of him for now. The top players are all really close though, to be honest. Xavi, Kaka (despite a poor season), Gerrard, Villa and Vidic are all up there too. Who we actually rate as the best at any particular time just depends on form. On their day, they're all pretty much as good as each other.

For me he's second best to Messi, however if someone was to put forward the argument that either Iniesta or Gerrard were the best in the world I think thats a totally acceptable argument, Gerrard's without a doubt the best out and out, all action, midfielder in the world, dm, cm, am, fw, he plays all of those positions fantastically, whereas Iniesta is a more skilled passer, dribbler, he and Xavi just set the tempo in the middle of the park, obviously its a very different kind of game at both clubs.

The problem with Iniesta is that he COULD already be the best player in the world, and I honestly dont think people would doubt it, if he hadnt been so undervalued by Riijkard, who just slung him on the right, left, centre, wherever, nor was he a first team regular. Guardiola recognised Iniesta's talent when he first joined the club in the youth system, so when Guardiola took control, it was evident that Iniesta's fantastic ability would be shown. Admittedly against Man Utd, he and Xavi were against what I would consider a suprisingly, for a team like Man Utd, mediocre midfield pairing, and therefore obviously made them look silly, but they've done it to teams like Madrid, Bayern....for me it doesnt come as a suprise that it took us so long to break down Chelsea, (Yes I'm entitled to whinge about their tactics, even though they were clever) they played 5 in what was basically defensive midfield...and people said how bad Barcelona were for not creating chances, not getting any shots on target, I'll admit that we wernt at our best, defencewise or attackwise, but can you honestly tell me that if Man Utd came up against that exact same tactic, they would create a load of chances and completely outplay Chelsea? Nobody can attack successfully against that kindof tactic, its almost impossible to break down, yet Iniesta still did, =] legend!

This is sooo what i love about football. Just because he was the best player on the pitch in the champions league final, now people are claiming he is the ebst player in the world. not just you guys either, in the media i read a cloumnist say "Iniesta the best player on the night, and in the world"

And i think... what a load of garbage.

Dont think I am a Iniesta hater or think he is a bad player, because i think he is a brilliant player and before this he was seriously under-rated.

However he isnt even the best player at Barca, and not even the best in the Barca midfield.

He is absaloutly world class and I would love to see him in my side even ahead of Alonso. But there are better players in the world (in no particular order) Gerrard, Messi, Rooney, Ronaldo, Xavi, Kaka.

I think when players stand out in high profile games and people react like this and make claims which arent true it ruins the player, look at Owen Hargreaves.

I used to love him and think he was a really class player even though he was hated in England and boo'd when he was called up for England, I was probably the only person in the country with Hargreaves on my England shirt. Then he had a few decent games for England and showed his class and suddenly he was the best midfielder we had and Man Utd bought him, since then he has never reached the same level and wont even get first team football now.

Iniesta... Brilliant world class player, but not THE BEST.

This is sooo what i love about football. Just because he was the best player on the pitch in the champions league final' date=' now people are claiming he is the ebst player in the world. not just you guys either, in the media i read a cloumnist say "Iniesta the best player on the night, and in the world"[/quote']

have you watched any spanish football this year btw? and lets not forget that just about all of iniesta's teammates believe that he is the best in the world (eto'o, henry, messi, xavi, pep etc)

Guest Football8

This is sooo what i love about football. Just because he was the best player on the pitch in the champions league final' date=' now people are claiming he is the ebst player in the world. not just you guys either, in the media i read a cloumnist say "Iniesta the best player on the night, and in the world"

Dont think I am a Iniesta hater or think he is a bad player, because i think he is a brilliant player and before this he was seriously under-rated.

However he isnt even the best player at Barca, and not even the best in the Barca midfield.

He is absaloutly world class and I would love to see him in my side even ahead of Alonso. But there are better players in the world (in no particular order) Gerrard, Messi, Rooney, Ronaldo, Xavi, Kaka.

I think when players stand out in high profile games and people react like this and make claims which arent true it ruins the player, look at Owen Hargreaves.

I used to love him and think he was a really class player even though he was hated in England and boo'd when he was called up for England, I was probably the only person in the country with Hargreaves on my England shirt. Then he had a few decent games for England and showed his class and suddenly he was the best midfielder we had and Man Utd bought him, since then he has never reached the same level and wont even get first team football now.

Iniesta... Brilliant world class player, but not THE BEST.[/quote']

Yes, we've seen it a lot of times, people judging teams/players by 1 match. But if its a well promoted match and they perform then people rate that player very highly. I have to agree, Iniesta isn't the best player in the world though.

Something about Eto'o, "he isn't as good if he hasn't got Henry, Messi, Xavi, Iniesta behind him." :):D

This is sooo what i love about football. Just because he was the best player on the pitch in the champions league final' date=' now people are claiming he is the ebst player in the world. not just you guys either, in the media i read a cloumnist say "Iniesta the best player on the night, and in the world"

He is absaloutly world class and I would love to see him in my side even ahead of Alonso. But there are better players in the world (in no particular order) Gerrard, Messi, [b']Rooney[/b], Ronaldo, Xavi, Kaka.

Iniesta... Brilliant world class player, but not THE BEST.

Sorry i have to disagree here, you can't possibly say Rooney is anywhere near Iniesta. Rooney didn't even turn up at Roma, whilst Iniesta was running the show.

Yeah Rooney didnt have the best game he as ever had but that is my point...

1 poor game doesnt make Rooney the worlds worst player, and 1 great game doesnt make Iniesta the best.

As for the 'Have you watched Spanish football this year?' and 'Barca teammates all say he is the best'

Yes I have watched alot of spanish football this season, especially Barca as it is always on skysports revista la liga and I have no money to go out on saturdays any more. I believe Xavi is better.

[/quote']

Number one, I never called him the best in the world, the whole point of this thread was to see where most people rate him in terms of best player in the world. On the poll of this thread I put him 3rd but frankly I can't choose between Gerrard, Iniesta or Xavi. I think the Champions league final showed just how good this guy is, it can take one match for the whole world to turn their heads and take notice. Next season he will be watched with very observant eyes, and even if he doesn't do any better just the same then he will get more praise becuase this time people will be watching him. If he does any better and eludes injury then maybe the worlds best player isn't a title too far from the spaniard.

Number two, I am an avid watcher of La Liga. The champions league semi's and final aren't the only time I watched Barca or Iniesta this season. I've been watching and admiring him for a long time, in the later parts of the season he's impressed me more than Xavi frankly, when he came back from injury. In my eyes he's not the worlds best, but he's not too far off.

1. Messi

2. Kaka

3. Ronaldo

4. Gerrard

5. Xavi

6. Eto'o

7. Torres

8. Puyol

9. Rooney

10. Terry

11. Drogba

12. Essien

13. Lampard

14. Raul

15. Iniesta

Basically, I think he is nowhere near the best player in the world.

I've seen the posts and quite a few are clearly showing torres is better then eto'o. Would you say that eto'o and 15 mill is worth torres?

Btw my opinion:

1=messi

2=ronaldo

3=iniesta

3=gerrard

3=xavi

6=lampard

7=vidic

8=casillas

9=ribery

10=rooney