Cody McDonald - 10k Star!

Bourkey

Cody McDonald

_45506980_codymcdonald.jpg

Nationality : English

Club : Norwich City

McDonald started his career at Dartford, Making 17 appearances, and also scoring an oustanding 19 goals. In Febuary 2009, It was agreed that Cody McDonald would join Norwich City on a one and a half year deal for an undisclosed fee.

He made an immediate impact with players and staff after scoring on both of his debuts, for the reserves and on first team duty.

His first senior team appearance came on 10th March, 2009 coming on as a substitute for Mooney in a 2-0 win at home to Cardiff City.

After a string of impressive sub appearances, he was given his first Championship start but sadly, Norwich lost the game 2-0 ,

This did not knock his confidence or the managers faith and made yet again another substitute appearance in Norwich's next game. His stats by then end of the season showed 7 Apperances, 6 Being From The Bench, 1 Goal.

After recently being relegated, Norwich may be enclined to sell big players giving youth players much more of a chance and may begin to start racking up the minutes, McDonald included.

His Goals For Dartford:

His Debut Goal For Norwich:

Cody's on the DB Rated 70.

He wont be pushing your budget Valued at just 10k (Chairman Val)

Snap him up while you can.

Cheers , Comments Appreciated

Bourkey.

:P

Re: Cody McDonald - 10k Star!

Dont think il sign this player' date=' with caps on squad size and financis etc etc i dont feel hell ever make the high 80's which most people on here aim for.

Buying anyone under this potential puts me at a disadvantage.[/quote']

Maybe not for higher teams,

But for the lower Division 4 Sides , He could see a decent rise next year and could be a big money maker. :)

Ash Bourkey ya beat me to it ya git.

Nevertheless' date=' Cody will be a star. I've snapped him up in all GC's I could. :)[/quote']

Ah sorry mate,

Im sure he will be to, His pace and ability is blinding and defenders simply cant handle him :P

• 2 months later...

Everyone has to start somewhere' date=' champ. ;)

Will he be a regular this season?[/quote']

I dont think he'll make to many starting appearances, but mainly substitute appearances, such as today.

There are quite a few forwards ahead of him, so he'll find it hard. If he carrys on from today, He'll be picked but I cant see too many starts. In answer to your question, No, I dont think he will be but I belive he'll be a regular substitute. Hes got the ability, he just needs time to improve and use it.

Everyone has to start somewhere' date=' champ. ;)

Will he be a regular this season?[/quote']

I dont think he'll make to many starting appearances' date=' but mainly substitute appearances, such as today.

There are quite a few forwards ahead of him, so he'll find it hard. If he carrys on from today, He'll be picked but I cant see too many starts. In answer to your question, No, I dont think he will be but I belive he'll be a regular substitute. Hes got the ability, he just needs time to improve and use it.[/quote']

He will definately start on tuesday against Yeovil in the carling cup.. he was norwich's one and only half decent player today.. (i went to watch)..

He actually injected some pace to the team and its best to have him up top with someone like grant holt or chris martin because martin and holt are too alike to play together..

His goal today was fairly well taken and a lot of the norwich fans think he may have something and really like him..

But like i said he'll definately start against Yeovil and I wouldnt be surprised if he started in the next league game too.

I'll keep everyone updated like that if you like Lee? :)

EDIT: I was also listening to canary talk on the radio on the way home and the fans are demanding and saying Cody has to start as he brings a different dimension to the team.. so i disagree lee.. he will start quite a few.. after today norwich need something different and he seems to be what the fans etc think will be that something.. so i think he'll get quite a few starts this season.

He will definately start on tuesday against Yeovil in the carling cup.. he was norwich's one and only half decent player today.. (i went to watch)..

He actually injected some pace to the team and its best to have him up top with someone like grant holt or chris martin because martin and holt are too alike to play together..

His goal today was fairly well taken and a lot of the norwich fans think he may have something and really like him..

But like i said he'll definately start against Yeovil and I wouldnt be surprised if he started in the next league game too.

I'll keep everyone updated like that if you like Lee? :)

EDIT: I was also listening to canary talk on the radio on the way home and the fans are demanding and saying Cody has to start as he brings a different dimension to the team.. so i disagree lee.. he will start quite a few.. after today norwich need something different and he seems to be what the fans etc think will be that something.. so i think he'll get quite a few starts this season.

That would be great if you could update. :)

As for Cody, only time will tell.

I didnt say hed just get sub appearances, I just meant I think they will be mainly off the bench, with a mixture of starts in there too. If he gets more starts than I invision, thats wonderful.

:P

Cody McDonald started and played 85 minutes in Norwich's 4-0 Carling Cup win against Yeovil. NO GOAL.

He started again today in Norwich's League One fixture against Exeter which ended 1-1 and he played a full 90 minutes. NO GOAL - Nearly scored.

Trust me lads he'll be a regular this season for City and he's in favour atm because he has a different dimension to his play (his pace) than norwich's other strikers Martin and Holt.

He's playing pretty well too :D

Said I'd keep ya updated:

Played 90 minutes in Norwichs 2-1 loss the other week.

Came on today on the 63rd minute in Norwichs 5-2 thumping of Wycombe and he set up the last goal.

Its looking good for Cody hes one for the future, and he will be in for a nice healthy rise if he continues like this :D

He came on in the 61st minute in Norwich's 4-1 loss to Sunderland in the Carling Cup.

He only got the last few minutes in Norwich's 2-1 win yesterday against Hartlepool.

As you probably know Norwich have a new manager and they are making lots changes to the starting team every week, and Cody hasn't started the last couple of games but that'll probably change as he was one of Norwich's better players in the first few games of the season. :)

Atm I'm predicted maybe a +7 rise or somewhere along those lines :P

Cheers

• 1 month later...

All games after 2-1 win against Hartlepool:

JPS: Came off the bench against Brentford and got 30 minutes

L1: Came off bench against Walsall and got 25 minutes

L1: Only got a few minutes against Charlton

L1: Came off bench again and got 25 minutes

JPS(2): Came off the bench to score the winner against Gillingham and got 30 minutes

L1: Got a few minutes today against Carisle

Norwich have now won 3 league games in a row and are rising up the table and are sitting in 6th atm, and because it's going well, I can't see Paul Lambert wanted to change things up as Grant Holt is captain atm and we are basically playing one up front (being Holt).

So Cody isn't really getting a look into the starting line-up atm, but he should still be in for a little rise. :)

Atm I am predicting a +3/4 rise for him, which isn't bad :)

So how much will he rise then?

Maybe if you read my post you would have seen I've already said that :rolleyes:

v Go to bottom of this v

All games after 2-1 win against Hartlepool:

JPS: Came off the bench against Brentford and got 30 minutes

L1: Came off bench against Walsall and got 25 minutes

L1: Only got a few minutes against Charlton

L1: Came off bench again and got 25 minutes

JPS(2): Came off the bench to score the winner against Gillingham and got 30 minutes

L1: Got a few minutes today against Carisle

Norwich have now won 3 league games in a row and are rising up the table and are sitting in 6th atm' date=' and because it's going well, I can't see Paul Lambert wanted to change things up as Grant Holt is captain atm and we are basically playing one up front (being Holt).

So Cody isn't really getting a look into the starting line-up atm, but he should still be in for a little rise. :)

[b']Atm I am predicting a +3/4 rise for him, which isn't bad[/b] :)

• 1 month later...