Sign in to follow this  
blabla

WC Friendly

Re: WC Friendly

A couple questions: Is Racing home or away? What are the ratings you got for each player? What types of player you put on each position?

The server is down right now so can't populate my result. Will do when the server comes back up.

Where's blabla?

may i know which are the clubs that take part in this testing?

Do we decide what tactics to use when we face each other or do we just randomly set tactics? I think that it would be quite inefficient if we set the tactics ourselves..mabe we should decide which tactics to use when we face each other, this way we can conclude which tacctics are more efficient, for instance, we can find out if 3-5-2 is really effective against 4-4-2, and maybe even find out why would certain tactics lead to 3-5-2 losing to 4-4-2, or maybe its just due to luck...

btw, i'm the manager of Napoli

Sorry,

SM had too many problems when they moved, it has been bugging all the time for 3 days ...

I suggest we start with something simple ...

HOW TO IMPROVE BALL POSSESSION ?

For this we should all play 442 normal setting. But the one who play AT HOME should put:

Short passing

Slow tempo

That's it ... let us see if the one that play at home has more possession. We need around 10 matches

By the way, who is in ? I have Celtic

2nd Test Result...

Real Betis (home) vs Atalanta

Atalanta were managed, average rated 87 and played 4-4-2 standard.

Real Betis were average rated 85 and played like this...

3-5-2

Tackling Hard

Style Normal

Passing Direct

Attacking Down Both Flanks

Tempo Fast

Pressing Own Half

Counter Attack, Men Behind Ball and Tight Marking boxes ticked.

I also made the following advanced changes :

45 Min

Passing Short / Attacking Mixed

75 Min

Passing Direct / Attacking Through The Middle / Pressing All Over

Final Score Real Betis 2 Atalanta 0

Goals scored in 31st minute (by CM) and 71st minute (by FWD).

Real Betis had 60% possession.

Ratings :

GK 8

CB 6 CB 6 CB/LB 7

DM/RB 7

RM/AM 7 CM/DM 8 CM/LM 8 LM/AM 6

FWD 8 FWD 7

2nd Test Result...

Real Betis (home) vs Atalanta

Atalanta were managed' date=' average rated 87 and played 4-4-2 standard.

Real Betis were average rated 85 and played like this...

3-5-2

Tackling Hard

Style Normal

Passing Direct

Attacking Down Both Flanks

Tempo Fast

Pressing Own Half

Counter Attack, Men Behind Ball and Tight Marking boxes ticked.

I also made the following advanced changes :

45 Min

Passing Short / Attacking Mixed

75 Min

Passing Direct / Attacking Through The Middle / Pressing All Over

Final Score Real Betis 2 Atalanta 0

Goals scored in 31st minute (by CM) and 71st minute (by FWD).

Real Betis had 60% possession.

Ratings :

GK 8

CB 6 CB 6 CB/LB 7

DM/RB 7

RM/AM 7 CM/DM 8 CM/LM 8 LM/AM 6

FWD 8 FWD 7[/quote']

good report. However if you really want to test tactics you should not make changes during the match

hey, i thought we were suppose to play 4-4-2?

nvm that...My club was the home team and i used 4-4-2 with the following tactics

Tackling Hard

Style Attacking

Passing Short

Attacking Mixed

Tempo Slow

Pressing Own Half

Counter Attack, Men Behind Ball and Tight Marking were used

my club ended up losing 2-0 to blackburn that used 4-5-1.

Against 4-5-1, i woould expect 4-4-2 to lose because with 5 midfielders, the club that uses 4-4-2 would lose out on possesion. Without possesion, it would be difficult to score

Well yeah...but I was assuming we were testing with friendlies (after all, in a league match against a managed team you don't know if they've got advanced tactics - so you'll never know if your result was because of your tactics or theirs).

Ideally yes you'd need 2 teams sticking to the same formations for the whole game, and you'd need to run the same test a few times I think (I personally believe you could run the same test three times and get three different outcomes), Real Betis are ready for any friendlies!!

I'd like to report my game results:

First game was against Sampdoria, and then I scheduled a friendly with them the following day. League game was away and friendly was home. Samp played 442 in both games, with some players changed (Now unmanaged can do that on top of rotating formations). Then the 3rd game was against Ajax, average rated 85, with some 75 rated players in the starting line up. And the 4th was a mistakenly arranged friendly against Celtic. Celtic has short and slow ticked, all else default. I played the exactly same as mentioned in previous post for all 4 games.

Below are game results and stats:

0-0 Samp,

Fixture detail: http://www.soccermanager.com/matchreport.php?fixtureid=32767129

1-2 Samp

Fixture detail: http://www.soccermanager.com/matchreport.php?fixtureid=41968177&as=2

2-1 Ajax

Fixture detail: http://www.soccermanager.com/matchreport.php?fixtureid=32767138

2-1 Celtic

Fixture detail: http://www.soccermanager.com/matchreport.php?fixtureid=41971373&as=2

There's only one thing I can tell from all those testings, 352 attacking beats same rating 442 default and 433 "near default". I hope you guys can find something interesting from these fixtures so we can be shared with it.

I will play with planned tactics against Celtics on Thursday. so hopefully there could be some meaningful outcome. I'm wondering if the stickies in this forum can answer some questions that this testing is trying to figure out. E.g. Possessions, Two stickies drafted by two different posters have agreed with each other on gaining possessions: defensive minded, short pass, slow pace and man behind ball ticked. Attacking will lose possession in exchange for more shots. We can certainly test it to get more statistical proven results than just a general sense. To better accomplish that, I would suggest to tick one item at a time to see the difference. E.g. just tick man behind ball for the next game, then short on the following one. How do you guys like this idea?

We will see tomorrow.

Celtic Vs Udinese

So I am at home and will play 442, normal style exept for man behind ball, slow tempo, short passing. We should play this game 5 or 6 times to see the impact.

Others should do the same with friendlies so it will be faster

Although it was a draw, I don't think the result is what you have expected. 1st, I gained more possession and way more shots, 2nd, if Addo wasn't sent off, I might have won the game like last time. I can almost conclude that 442 default rules 442 short+slow. Do you want to try one more or change to man behind ball (only) to test the possession?

The result:

http://www.soccermanager.com/matchreport.php?fixtureid=42068113&as=2

ok kid let us do the man behind ball only.

After I am thinking about doing the same with differen tactics like this:

ME: 433 or 352 with short passing, slow tempo

YOU: 433 or 352 normal

Just to confirm the previous results ... Do you agree ?

Sure, send me a friendly request I will accept. Only thing I would suggest is if we were to try a different formation with short and slow, let's try 451, which is seemingly a possession driven formation.

What about we try the same one more time. 442 vs 442. short and slow vs default. Three time should do the charm right? If the 3rd time still gets similar result, we can move on to the next. What about that?

I would suggest do one more game, I host, I chose slow and short, you do default, see what ends up to be. After that, we go back to 442, and tick only man behind ball, and then play 2-3 games with this tactics. Then after this we do short, slow and man behind ball for another 2-3 games.

WHO IS NAPOLI AND BETIS MANAGERS ?

Yes kid' date=' we are done with this first test, we got 3 times exactly the same numbers. What do u want to test next ?[/quote']

i'm the Napoli Manager and I had a friendly with Betis on Thurs.

Napoli used 3-5-2 while Betis used 3-4-1-2 The score ended up 4-3

Here are the tactics used

Napoli

Tackling style: Hard

Mentality: Attacking

Passing: Short

Attacking Style: Mixed

Tempo: Fast

Pressing: Own Half

no other instructions were used

Betis

Tackling style: Normal

Mentality: Normal

Passing: Short

Attacking Style: Mixed

Tempo: Fast

Pressing: Own Half

counter-attack, man behind ball and tight marking were used

The match ended 4-3 with Napoli having more possesion while Betis had more shots and shots on target.

As the stats were a bit odd (he had loads more possession while I had more shots, and there were quite a few goals too) we were going to do exactly the same tomorrow to see if the stats were similar - which they should be!

P.S. Real Betis manager by the way :)