Sign in to follow this  
blabla

WC Friendly

Re: WC Friendly

Hi slimey2k7,

We are going to play each other next league game. Can you please set your tactics to 442 all default? I will check man behind ball only, as me and blabla are testing this, and this game can be part of the testing. Thanks!

As the stats were a bit odd (he had loads more possession while I had more shots' date=' and there were quite a few goals too) we were going to do exactly the same tomorrow to see if the stats were similar - which they should be!

P.S. Real Betis manager by the way :)[/quote']

The result are out and this time Betis won 3-0

However, Napoli had more possesion and the shots made were roughly the same. Betis had more on target.

Summary

However, this does show that 3-5-2 against 3-4-1-2 does give the side using 3-5-2 more possesion as seen in both friendlies. The side using 3-4-1-2 would normally have more shots since it is more attacking.

Well, to summarize today's test, again the theory seems broken. I play home, 442, and only checked man behind ball, Celtic ended up more possession when I was "man-behind-balling". All others pretty much equal.

Very strange friendly result - going from 3-4 to 3-0 using almost the same tactics (Napoli used slow tempo this time instead of fast, I don't know if that would have made any difference)

Possession was 60-40 in Napoli's favour in the first game, in the second it was still more, but only 53-47.

Interesting that I could get 27 shots on goal playing "Normal" as well!

So the conclusion of this friendly test : ???????????????????

What shall we try next???

Very strange friendly result - going from 3-4 to 3-0 using almost the same tactics (Napoli used slow tempo this time instead of fast' date=' I don't know if that would have made any difference)

Possession was 60-40 in Napoli's favour in the first game, in the second it was still more, but only 53-47.

Interesting that I could get 27 shots on goal playing "Normal" as well!

So the conclusion of this friendly test : ???????????????????

What shall we try next???[/quote']

The problem with this test is that you tested too many things at once. So you cannot really find your conclusion. If you test only one thing at once, then you will be able to conclude, as we did with kid. I you want to see the impact of the tempo, choose the same formation, everything default and just change the tempo.

Sorry I just realized our last game (with Celtic) I mistakenly checked short, slow and mbb (man behind ball) instead of mbb only. I'm wondering do you want me change back to mbb only or keep it this way? I tend to stay this way for the next 1 or two games to see if it's always like that. But if you disagree I can surely change back to mbb only.

And slimey2k7. Can you please play 422 default in our Saturday's game?

Sorry I didn't get a chance to change the tactics to MBB only, so it went with short, slow and mbb again. But it turned out not to be a bad thing though, as we accidentally did 3 matches in a row test for short+slow+mbb vs all default. The result this time is kind of interesting. The 1st game seems stand out sharply against the results from the following two games, which are almost identical!

All my (Udinese) settings are short+slow+mbb

1st game against Celtic:

http://www.soccermanager.com/matchreport.php?fixtureid=42237231&as=2

In this game Celtic gained more possession, not much, equal shots and close enough shots on target. And the result is 2-2.

2nd game against Real Betis:

http://www.soccermanager.com/matchreport.php?fixtureid=32767197

In this game I gained more possession, 53vs47, more shots, and equal shots on target. The result is 2-0

3rd game against Celtic again:

http://www.soccermanager.com/matchreport.php?fixtureid=42237345&as=2

In this game I gained exactly same possession as against Celtic, 53vs47, Celtic has a lot more shots and on targets though.

As a summary, based on the latter two games, it seems that short+slow+mbb combo will yield slightly more possession than all default, and that slight more possession determined the match result to be in said team's favor.

I've already changed my tactics to mbb checked only. Blabla please let me know if you'd like to do another series of tests with me only checking mbb, and you default, or vice versa. Or if you'd like to move on to next test item.