Sign in to follow this  
carlnewcastle

Marcus Berg

Re: Marcus Berg

Hmm' date=' so there was something in it after all. But in any case, Ari is still with AZ (he was tipped to be Dzeko's replacement at Wolfsburg), so no loss for them.

But this is an odd move, to be honest. Hamburg have Petric & Elia, so where would Berg fit into the 4-1-2-1-2 that Bruno Labbadia is reportedly planning to use? Or will Elia be used on the left wing? :confused:[/quote']

I knew this would be a odd move but Hamburg suits his style of play tbh. Elia can play as a winger so he will play on the wing. He's going to face some stiff competition for Pablo Guerrero , Petric, Elia (If used as a striker). I think Bruno needs to reconsider his tactics (where would Jarolim play :confused:). I asked Phil if they was any news about this move to Hamburg by the German media. He said:

No' date=' nothing. And I don't know why Hamburg would need another striker after they'v signed Elia as a replacement for Olic. And I don't know where they should have the neccessary funds from.[/quote']

I knew this would be a odd move but Hamburg suits his style of play tbh. Elia can play as a winger so he will play on the wing. He's going to face some stiff competition for Pablo Guerrero ' date=' Petric, Elia (If used as a striker). I think Bruno needs to reconsider his tactics (where would Jarolim play :confused:).[/quote']

Weird. Can he link up well with Petric, were he to make the move?

Guest Abdel Zizi

I've always found Elia was more of a winger than a striker, and although he played in a 3 striker system at Twente, he was in fact playing the role of a winger

Hamburg have completed the signing of Marcus Berg from Groningen' date=' with the Swedish striker signing a five-year contract.

[url']http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,12875_5438838,00.html[/url]

The fee was reported to be around €10.5m including clauses. Could have been completed earlier, Groningen wanted €12m but HSV offered €8m. A great signing for Hamburg.

http://www.aftonbladet.se/sportbladet/fotbollsbladet/internationell/holland/article5528425.ab

Barracuda, Phil thinks that Berg would fit into HSV's system:

Yeah' date=' after a bit more research I actually believe that Berg would fit in quite nicely into Hamburg's system, with Trochowski and Elias on the wings, Berg up front and Petric a bit behind him, and Guerrero as back-up (although I thought he was getting better towards the end of the season).

Their starting line-up could look like this:

----------------Rost

Boateng --- xxxx --- xxxx --- Jansen

---------Ze Roberto - Jarolim

Troche-------------------------Elia

-------------------Petric

------------Berg

[/quote']