RAUL, : 19 yrs old, always play 90 minute in 2009 season, only rated 76!!

Gozzy

Re: RAUL, : 19 yrs old, always play 90 minute in 2009 season, only rated 76!!

Wow' date='it's good information,Mark. Btw,who's other RB in Brazil squad and when the tournament will held?[/quote']

Tournament is in September. The entire squad hasn't been announced yet, or I can't find a link to it. I'm guessing the starter will be PATRIC.

What about Rafeal of Man u? Or Fabio? R they in a team. Under 21's or somthing. Because they could possibly keep them our of the international team ijn years to come. Do you think Raul is good enough to push Rafeal out of the RB position, obviously he would have to go to a top team.

What about Rafeal of Man u? Or Fabio? R they in a team. Under 21's or somthing. Because they could possibly keep them our of the international team ijn years to come. Do you think Raul is good enough to push Rafeal out of the RB position' date=' obviously he would have to go to a top team.[/quote']

Brazil has a no-traitors policy when it comes to the U20's. Only domestics.

EDIT: Wow, that counts out Patric as well now...

sorry' date=' what do u mean by no-traitors. What has rafeal done?[/quote']

Plays in England. Look at the U20 list for the past few years. Only exeption I can think of was Jô.

Maybe it's just for the South American qualifiers. But I don't think they usually bring over players from overseas.

EDIT: The Brazilian federation sees it as insulting when youths leave without playing in the Brasileiro. They pick as much as possible from their own ranks to reward them.

As in the country? how is that being a traitor?

I think Insider's comment was more tongue-in-cheek than anything - he was only jesting. He's just saying that players plying their trade outside of Brazil won't be called up.

I think Insider's comment was more tongue-in-cheek than anything - he was only jesting. He's just saying that players plying their trade outside of Brazil won't be called up.

Ok thx. But does that mean that when he is older and a Man U 1st team player he won't get called up?

Ok thx. But does that mean that when he is older and a Man U 1st team player he won't get called up?

No' date=' of course not. I don't know if you've noticed Insider's comment below, which makes me think he wasn't jesting that much after all!

EDIT: The Brazilian federation sees it as insulting when youths leave without playing in the Brasileiro. They pick as much as possible from their own ranks to reward them.

No' date=' of course not. I don't know if you've noticed Insider's comment below, which makes me think he wasn't jesting that much after all![/quote']

ok, thx. So really although Raul has a good chance of representing Brazil in under 21 etc, he will most probably have to compete with Rafeal for the actually Brazil National team in years to come.

ok' date=' thx. So really although Raul has a good chance of representing Brazil in under 21 etc, he will most probably have to compete with Rafeal for the actually Brazil National team in years to come.[/quote']

I rate Patric more then I rate Rafael to be honest.

But yes, that's essentially the point. I don't think Raul will ever have what it takes to be a full international.

If Brazil only picked locals to represent them at the full senior level... heck, if that happened, Argentina might actually have a chance :D

• 2 weeks later...

Ze Antonio appears to be back from injury. I'm not sure Raul will get his spot back. He wasn't very good in his sub appearance today :S

I really like him as a player... I guess Lemos doesnt.

Guest BrandonBurrows

I've gotten confused in the drama of this thread, bottom line, is this player worth getting in the long run?

I've gotten confused in the drama of this thread' date=' bottom line, is this player worth getting in the long run?[/quote']

Hm. Two reputable scouts both write nice reports for a player and argue about it.

I'd say pick him up ;)

Guest BrandonBurrows

Hm. Two reputable scouts both write nice reports for a player and argue about it.

I'd say pick him up ;)

One report wasn't considered 'nice' a couple of pages ago. :P

Anyway, I got him for £0 with a player exchange. My (former) player is six years older and only rated two higher, can't be bad buisness.