What realistic starting XI would you like to see your team line up with next season?

• Replies 531
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Re: What realistic starting XI would you like to see your team line up with next seas Two People Who I Want To See Lineup At Boro Afonso Alves! And Michael Ricketts! Boro Begin Auditions F

Hi, Basically, the question is what the title is. What realistic starting line up would you like to see your team line up with next season. Please, if your going to put possible new signings in it, p

Re: What realistic starting XI would you like to see your team line up with next seas

Re: What realistic starting XI would you like to see your team line up with next seas

You seem to be forgetting Wayne Bridge. I can guarentee that he will be starting at left-back for you next season; Lescott' date=' or no Lescott, and I don't think you will get him anyway. No Micah Richards either?[/quote']

Bridge probably will start at LB next season, but last season I wasn't impressed with him and I think he will need to play better next season. Also, I wouldn't be that bothered if Richards didn't play next season, I'd rather have Zabaleta at RB.

well i actually think we will sign eto'o aswell:

-------------------given----------------

--------Toure----kompany--bridge-------

----------barry---------ireland----------

--SWP----------Tevez---------Robinho--

------Santa Cruz------Eto'o-------------

I think thats a good realistic side atm

I don't think Bridge ever plays CB and Ireland is not a DM.

I hope Dunne doesn't go.

Hmm...

That formation and the fact that that team is unbelievably attacking means that you would get absolutely crucified. Man City struggled defensively last season when they player with a back four; they would struggle even more so if they played with a back three. I think something like this would be much more realistic:

------------------Given---------------------

--------------------------------------------

---Richards---Kompany---New CB---Bridge---

---SWP------Barry-----Ireland----Robinho---

-------------Tevez----Santa Cruz-----------

If it were me picking the team, I'd quite like to have De Jong in the starting XI as well, and pehaps adjust the formation to a 4-3-3, similar to the way that Barcelona utilises the system. The only problem would be whether or not Tevez could do the lone-frontman role, which I don't think would be his strength. Santa Cruz could do it, but you can't really afford to keep Tevez on the bench.

I stand by what I said before; I would be shocked if Eto'o joined, and I think it would be a bad move by City as well. Stick to Tevez and then sort out a new CB, which I don't think should be Toure either. I don't think he would be the best fit for Man City right now. Lescott would be a good signing, but I really can't see Everton letting him go, unless he kicks up a fuss in the near future, which is unlikely given his character. Again, I think you should target someone like Hangeland - a really dominating centre-half. The only problem there would be that the defence would be rather inexperienced - you could do with an experienced head at the back as well.

It's easy to have all this cash - it's not always that easy using it to create a top four worthy team, which I think Mark Hughes will realise this season.

Guest Mr. Razzcocks

Seeing as Hartlepool have signed Scott Flinders to be our first-choice 'keeper, I'll update what I think Chris Turner will put out on the first day of the season, against MK Dons.

Flinders

Austin - Clark - Collins - Humphreys

McSweeney - Sweeney - Jones - Monkhouse

Boyd - Brown

Subs: Cook, Hartley, Liddle, Rowell, Foley.

We should definitely get a right-back, centre-back and a left-back, despite improving in the first two areas. Neil Austin might be alright in League 2, but Hartlepool are a League 1 team who should be challenging in the play-offs.

With Peter Hartley, you have to suspect something is wrong with him when he can't get into a Sunderland team riddled with injuries. Either Ricky Sbragia and Roy Keane think he is completely invisible, or he is a shocking player. I think the latter will be more realistic.

Hartley's former teammate, Roy O' Donovan, has squashed suggestions he will be joining Hartlepool. I haven't seen a lot of him, but what I have seen of him makes me think that Hartlepool could do with his pace and skill.

• 4 weeks later...

Howard

P.neville J.yobo P.jags J.lesscott

j.mountiniho T.cahill S.pienaar M.artetta

W.love A.yakubu

I honestly doubt that Everton would leave both Leighton Baines and Marouane Fellaini out of there first team side, i just dont see why they would do it based on last seasons performances from both. oth were integral members of the Everton side.. id have:

Howard

Yobo Jags Lescott Baines

Pienaar Cahill / Moutinho (if they sign him) Fellaini Arteta

Yakubu Jo

Since Ade left and Nasri broke his leg, i thought i would re-do my prediction for Arsenals starting 11 next season:

Almunia (who'll also be Englands No.1 'keeper next season :P )

Sagna Toure Vermaelen Clichy

Walcott Diaby/Cana Fab Arshavin

RVP Eduardo/Wellington (who is aparently soooo close to trasferring to us)

Prem winning team that ;):D

Since Ade left and Nasri broke his leg' date=' i thought i would re-do my prediction for Arsenals starting 11 next season:

Almunia (who'll also be Englands No.1 'keeper next season :P )

Sagna Toure Vermaelen Clichy

Walcott Diaby/Cana Fab Arshavin

RVP Eduardo/Wellington (who is aparently soooo close to trasferring to us)

Prem winning team that ;):D[/quote']

Cana? im not too sure about him, i think if we get any midfielder now after melo refused us, it would probs be maybe gokhan inler from udinese..

My Liverpool:

.............................Reina................................

Johnson.........Carra.........Skrtel/Agger.......Aurelio

.........................Mascherano...........................

Kuyt/Benayoun..........................................Riera

...................Gerrard..........Silva.......................

.............................Torres...............................

The midfield could also be like this:

..............................Masche............................

Kuyt/Benayoun..........................................Silva

......................Sneijder........Gerrard..................

Cana? im not too sure about him' date=' i think if we get any midfielder now after melo refused us, it would probs be maybe gokhan inler from udinese..[/quote']

I like Inler, good player; but arent Udinese holding out for something between 15-20 mill for him?

Aparently, Cana is available from 7-9 mill!!

Would be a bargain buy, and Wenger likes him so.. who knows ;)

I heard Lorik Cana is going to Everton, not Arsenal. Just so long as it's after I can acquire a Marseille in a GC, though. :)

After some thinking I have thought of an audacious formation which would accomodate virtually all good players.

Green (GK)

Collins (RB) Tomkins (CB) Upson (CB) Ilunga (LB)

Mark Noble (CM) Collison (CM)

Behrami (RM) Parker (AM) Luis Jiminez (LM)

Carlton Cole (CF)

That's what O'd like to see but I doubt it will happen. We'll probably play either a 4-4-2 or 4-3-1-2 but how that's going to happen, what with us having one experienced fit striker is beyond me, unless Luis Jiminez plays as a second striker behind Carlton Cole.

Does anyone when Dean Ashton is due to come back? He's a goal machine and if he'd played most of last season he would have scored 15+ goals for sure. He'd be my first choice forward but he's not fit right now, or so it seems. :(

I heard Lorik Cana is going to Everton' date=' not Arsenal. Just so long as it's after I can acquire a Marseille in a GC, though. :)

After some thinking I have thought of an audacious formation which would accomodate virtually all good players.

[center']Green (GK)

Carlton Cole (CF)[/center]

That's what O'd like to see but I doubt it will happen. We'll probably play either a 4-4-2 or 4-3-1-2 but how that's going to happen, what with us having one experienced fit striker is beyond me, unless Luis Jiminez plays as a second striker behind Carlton Cole.

Does anyone when Dean Ashton is due to come back? He's a goal machine and if he'd played most of last season he would have scored 15+ goals for sure. He'd be my first choice forward but he's not fit right now, or so it seems. :(

Did West Ham have the option to sign Di Michele? Because I thought he was very good.

I heard Lorik Cana is going to Everton' date=' not Arsenal. Just so long as it's after I can acquire a Marseille in a GC, though. :)

[center']Green (GK)

Carlton Cole (CF)[/center]

Everton are strapped for cash atm,

and will/have spend/spent some money on securing Jo's loan move.

And they've just about signed Elm for 6mill, plus they're still after some younger players (including Lawrie, who i made a thread about; advertising :P ) so i doubt they could afford him after that.

I like that West Ham team, and Zola still has funds with the new owners doesnt he? I heard a while ago that Mancini was supposed to be joining Jimenez on loan, so that should hopefully be done soon. Two top quality players. Personally, i would sell Ashton; or at least hire a darn good fitness coach! And Cole will only get you 10 goals or so next season, i dont rate him at all. West Ham NEED a striker, a bloomin' good one too! Sending Sears on on-loan was a mistake in my opinion. :o

Did West Ham have the option to sign Di Michele? Because I thought he was very good.

I think we did have that option but never took it. A bit of a shame as he is creative but is so poor in front of goal. Zola was nice to him because they are both Italian, especially after that dive against Liverpool when we lost 3-0 at Upton Park.

Everton are strapped for cash atm' date='

and will/have spend/spent some money on securing Jo's loan move.

And they've just about signed Elm for 6mill, plus they're still after some younger players (including Lawrie, who i made a thread about; advertising :P ) so i doubt they could afford him after that.

I like that West Ham team, and Zola still has funds with the new owners doesnt he? I heard a while ago that Mancini was supposed to be joining Jimenez on loan, so that should hopefully be done soon. Two top quality players. Personally, i would sell Ashton; or at least hire a darn good fitness coach! And Cole will only get you 10 goals or so next season, i dont rate him at all. West Ham NEED a striker, a bloomin' good one too! Sending Sears on on-loan was a mistake in my opinion. :o[/quote']

That would be great if we could secure Mancini on loan. But we honestly do need a striker. The problem we have is Savio cost so much and now he's expected to score a shedload of goals because of it. I sat in the executive box at Upton Park when we played Middlesbrough in the FA Cup in February. He came on as a substitute and got quite a lot of abuse, even though he set up the equaliser which is rather unfair. I would have loaned him out ahead of Sears and kept Sears to play for us instead.

Guest Football8

Liverpool:

Reina

Johnson ---------- Carragher---- ---------- Skrtel----------- Aurelio

Mascherano

Kuyt ---------------------------Gerrard --------------------- Riera

Silva

Torres

Real Madrid:

Casillas

Sergio Ramos---------- Raul Albiol------------Pepe--------- Arbeloa/Marcelo

Alonso------------------Lass

Ronaldo---------------------------------------Kaka---------------------------------------

Benzema ----------------Raúl

That would be great if we could secure Mancini on loan. But we honestly do need a striker. The problem we have is Savio cost so much and now he's expected to score a shedload of goals because of it. I sat in the executive box at Upton Park when we played Middlesbrough in the FA Cup in February. He came on as a substitute and got quite a lot of abuse' date=' even though he set up the equaliser which is rather unfair. I would have loaned him out ahead of Sears and kept Sears to play for us instead.[/quote']

Completely forgot about Savio (or Nsreko)!!

He did have massive expectations on his shoulders last season,

but hopefully next season he'll relax and be given more playing time since you have hardly any strikers (two fit then?) and produce the kind of displays that earnt him rave reviews at his previous club. Sears will shine next season IMO. If the Hammers sign any strikers, they will most likely be Italian, or from an Italian team. I wouldnt put it past Zola to sign someone like Esposito from Roma, plays wing and forward; similar-ish to Di Michele. Or if not, then yes, Jimenez will most likely play a similar role to that of Arshavin at Arsenal last season. Just off the main striker, but making crazzyyy runs.

Liverpool:

Reina

Johnson ---------- Carragher---- ---------- Skrtel----------- Aurelio

Mascherano

Kuyt ---------------------------Gerrard --------------------- Riera

Silva

Torres

Real Madrid:

Casillas

Sergio Ramos---------- Raul Albiol------------Pepe--------- Arbeloa/Marcelo

Alonso------------------Lass

Ronaldo---------------------------------------Kaka---------------------------------------

Benzema ----------------Raúl

That Real Madrid formation is a bit unbalanced.

Having watched the friendly' date=' Id pick this

[center']Casillas

Ramos----Raul Albiol----Pepe----Marcelo

Gago----Lass

Ronaldo--------Kaka--------Higuain

Raul/Benzema[/center]

Real have a dilemma with strikers, Raul or Benzema. Higuain played quite well at left wing against Shamrock Rovers.

Arsenal (4-1-3-2)

Almunia

Sagna--Toure--Gallas--Clichy

M. Diarra

Arshavin--Fabregas--Nasri

Van Persie--Eduardo

The Arsenal website said that Nasri is out for 2-3 months so in that time Rosicky and/or Walcott can replace him.

Guest Football8

That Real Madrid formation is a bit unbalanced.

Having watched the friendly' date=' Id pick this

[center']Casillas

Ramos----Raul Albiol----Pepe----Marcelo

Gago----Lass

Ronaldo--------Kaka--------Higuain

Raul/Benzema[/center]

Real have a dilemma with strikers, Raul or Benzema. Higuain played quite well at left wing against Shamrock Rovers.

I'd of gone with a 4-2-3-1 as well, but Pellegrini prefers a 4-4-2 with no wingers. And I'd of put Robben instead of Higuain, as he's a natural winger.