Greener-09

150px-Davidmoreno.JPG

Name: David Moreno

D.O.B:24/01-09

Position:Winger/ Forward

Height: 5 Ft 5

Nationality:Spanish

Team:Almeria

David Moreno is a Spanish Footballer plying his trade at Spanish Club Almeria. He was snapped up by Almeria from the Real Madrid Youth team (Castilla) and penned a 4 year contract at the club.

David has followed the footsteps of Players such as Juan Manuel Mata and Samuel Eto'o out of the club and those 2 went onto better things could this be another star to do so.

Moreno has been build to be a huge star even before he turned 16 but now that he is 18, he appears to be confident of fulfilling his potential. At Real Madrid there’s a lot of traffic and playing first team football would not be probable at least in the foreseeable future. That is why the player signed a four year contract with modest Spanish side Almeria.

David Moreno is a versatile player who can play virtually anywhere upfront. He rose through the ranks at Real Madrid and played for the club’s several youth teams. He is usually deployed as a winger either on the right or on the left flank but can also double up as a player playing in the hole just behind the striker and the midfield, although it has to be said that he prefers to play on the flanks.

But the problem with David Moreno is his stature. Standing at just 167 cm or 5 foot 5 inches he does confront problems when confronting burly defenders and now that he shall be playing La Liga football for Almeria from next season, he would have to be aware that his short stature and slender build could become worrying factors for him should he not play with a certain cunningness like Messi does

David's main attribute is his wicked dribbling- Sometimes it looks like the ball is stook to his foot and when he is sprinting he runs so gracefully with the ball and the boy wouldn't make a splash running through puddles. His pasing is very good for one so young and he has an ample let foot for swinging the free kicks trust me

El Messi II?

Many have compared David Moreno to the FC Barcelona star Lionel Messi as much for his talent as for his style of playing but probably more for his playing style Like Messi, Moreno prefers to play on the flanks and combines accurate crosses with incisive cut-backs and drag-ins. Although it is too early to anoint David Moreno as Lionel Messi II one can discern a considerable degree of resemblance between the two

David is a very talented boy and looks as if he can go a long way in the game,

I'm sure Almeria will play him next season so You will probably have to wait till next season to get your hands on him on Soccer manager.

NOT ON DB As of 05-06-09

Darren Greene

Re: El Messi II- David Moreno????????

i wouldnt compare Moreno to Messi anytime. Look at Messi when he was 18 he was immense and this guy dosent come close to Messi. When Messi was 18 he was recognised by the world as a class act and for you to say that he could be EL Messi II is obsurd.

Otherwise good report and well done. But please dont compare him to Messi of all people.:D:D

I copied some of it off a website but wrote most of it myself. Like I got all the stats off Wiki... This is the first thread on him here the forum

PS. how do you put youtube vids on a thread??

Well then mate, good work for a first report on the forum, I know it can take along time.

Also somtimes be weary of Wiki's stats, they've been known to be wrong on numerous occasions.

Anyway mate nice work

KIU!

And also - Youtube videos,

Copy the Embed bit of a video next to it on youtube, then paste it and put the Youtube bits around it (Near colour pictures etc.)

You should be able to do it

:)

Guest Daragh

Great find mate, keep us updated

I hope he makes a few appearances next season :)

He really is small, 5 ft 5 :eek:

Great find mate' date=' keep us updated

I hope he makes a few appearances next season :)

He really is small, 5 ft 5 :eek:[/quote']

ya will do,

Ya he should make a few appearances so thers gonna be a scramble t sign him.......

Ya 5 foot 5 is very small thats an inch and a half smaller than Messi!! BUT GUESS WHAT HE IS HALF AN INCH TALLER THAN LENNON LOL:cool:

He looks better then Messi in that video :D anyways' date=' keep us informed. Looks like an immense talent. And maybe you know, if Madrid has a buy-back clause?[/quote']

I wouldnt be surprise if they did although I'm nearly sure Almeria didnt buy him off madrid they just offered him a contract once he turned 18 which is legal in Spain, Perhaps I'll check it out and get back to ya..

@BrandonBurrows' date=' read the post. He is yet to play for Almeria and I think only played for the Madrid youth teams.

He will be added next season now.[/quote']

Ya he has only played for Real madrid Youth teams and has represented Spain at U.17 level..

What is with all the hype then if he hasn't even played any first team football yet?

He is 18 years old!! he was seen as been too slight to make his debut this season and has vowed to get stronger over the summer..

Look at messi he is very small but laso very strong,Tevez etc.

He will be a very good player once he becomes consistent..... His feet are unbelievable and he has a good yard of pace and he can score goals!!

Thanks for the video. Again, he looks promising but until he makes the step up its too early to be sure.

Until a 28 year old, 6ft 4" centre back clatters into him after his first professional step over thats when we will see what he is made of. There have been a lot of very skilful players that disappear when the games becomes more physical. Thats life I am afraid.

I hope he does make it though. Beating a man with sheer skill and trickery IS the beautiful game! Its the most entertaining thing about football for me, possibly more so than scoring a wonder goal.

Thanks for the video. Again' date=' he looks promising but until he makes the step up its too early to be sure.

Until a 28 year old, 6ft 4" centre back clatters into him after his first professional step over thats when we will see what he is made of. There have been a lot of very skilful players that disappear when the games becomes more physical. Thats life I am afraid.

I hope he does make it though. Beating a man with sheer skill and trickery IS the beautiful game! Its the most entertaining thing about football for me, possibly more so than scoring a wonder goal.[/quote']

I agree that he will prob get targeted alot by a big brute of a 6ft 4 15 stone centre half!!! But his small stature is a hold back on him but he is supposedly bulking up a bit wheter that will affect his game or not i dunno??