South Africa - Confederations Cup 2009

Re: South Africa - Confederations Cup 2009

I couldn't understand the commentary... Couldn't tell if something was or wasn't a goal' date=' etc., coupled it with some baddddddd typos.... :P:D Anyway, GO USA!!![/quote']

The game is on ESPN 1. Are you watching some Spanish speaking channel?

Rossi has just scored. My the USA could have had him declare for his home country.

• Replies 159
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Re: South Africa - Confederations Cup 2009 Everyone watching this on BBC I assume? I have just had to put the TV on mute. Garth Crooks ineptitude as a pundit is beginning to offend my ears. On the

The Rossis came through with 3 goals in the second half, two by the usa-born Giuseppe, who is rapidly securing his place in the italian NT, and the other one by Daniele De.

In the first match, Egypt has lodged a protest against the way the penalty was awarded. Apparently the fourth official told Howard Webb what happened and the english referee changed his mind three minutes after the fact. Although it really was a penalty, Egypt should feel a little badlucky. And FIFA has some explanations to give.

The Rossis came through with 3 goals in the second half' date=' two by the usa-born Giuseppe, who is rapidly securing his place in the italian NT, and the other one by Daniele De.

In the first match, Egypt has lodged a protest against the way the penalty was awarded. Apparently the fourth official told Howard Webb what happened and the english referee changed his mind three minutes after the fact. Although it really was a penalty, Egypt should feel a little badlucky. And FIFA has some explanations to give.[/quote']

true, i dont think your report has done the 2 giuseppe goals enough justice. the first one was left footer 30 yard strike right into the corner, almost a replica of his goal against northern ireland a few weeks ago, and the 2nd goal was a snap half volley perfectly executed.

what a player that guy is turning into...

I'm glad you edited your message because I was beginning to doubt your sanity' date=' Phillip :P.

1-0 to the US versus [b']Italy[/b] despite being down to 10 men at half time :eek:. Quite good value for it to, to be honest. Lippi has an important teamtalk coming up.

By the way, the background noise of the horns (or something like that) is doing my head in :(. Sounds like I'm watching the match in the middle of an aviary :D

Can't agree more. I stopped watching the Brazil game yesterday after those drums almost drove me mad

Can't agree more. I stopped watching the Brazil game yesterday after those drums almost drove me mad

Fans using it so the forgein teams cant focus and the SA can win the cup! Seriously as a south african i hate that noises aswell

South Afica is a bad team

If they are not a home team of Wold cup 20010 i think they can not join this football festival

Absolutely right.

in fact they did participate in the 2010 African qualifiers because the WC qualifiers are also the 2010(2011?) African Cup of Nations qualifiers as well.

SA fell out in the 2nd round.

I doubt I'll get to watch tomorrow's games. But depending on what team Spain put out and how much they beat South Africa by (sorry but I don't see it any other way) and whether Iraq beat New Zealand, it could be an interesting two games.

But I think group B is more interesting. Funnily enough Brazil aren't guaranteed a place in the semi finals but I can't see them going out. But if Italy were to beat them 4-0 and Egypt beat USA 5-0 (yes very optimistic) then Brazil would go out on goal difference.

I can only really see Brazil and Egypt going through in Group B because they have played with the desire to win but in all honesty, all of the Italian players have half a mind in their private yachts and villas which is why they lost yesterday.

Brazil v Spain should be an interesting final (if that is going to be the match) and pretty unpredictable because they've both been pretty unplayable. Spain have just looked a little better because their group is so much easier than Brazil's. (Italy in 4th, USA 14th and Egypt 40th)