Laio - Botafogo gem

up gunners

Re: Laio - Botafogo gem

With Laio's pace' date=' he'll be a problem for any defense.

Insider have you got any video clips of him playing?

I've only seen that one goal and i was hoping there were more videos?[/quote']

I just watch the games :confused:

Just a sec, I'll take a quick look.

EDIT: Nothing other then match reviews.

Yep, just saw the report on Globosport and i will most probably be watching the game. I'll let you know how he plays. If he performs this week against Vitoria this will really benefit him and will see way more game time. But then will probably have to settle for a bench spot as soon as Reinaldo comes back into contention.

I will only be able to watch the match from about the 60th minutes so if anyone else can watch it and tell me how laio goes it will be really appreciated.

Cheers.

Turns out I can videotape Palmeiras/Atletico, so I get to watch this one live. I'll update.

Just saw the extended highlights of the match and Laio was decent. Botafogo lost 4-3 largely to the incompetence of the defence and Renan in this particular game. One of the worst defensive displays i have seen in my life. Again Laio only had 2 chances from hat i saw in the extensive highlights. Insider did he play well?

Just saw the extended highlights of the match and Laio was decent. Botafogo lost 4-3 largely to the incompetence of the defence and Renan in this particular game. One of the worst defensive displays i have seen in my life. Again Laio only had 2 chances from hat i saw in the extensive highlights. Insider did he play well?

Not really. To be honest, the attack kind of got a boost when Tony subbed in. I thought Vitoria deserved the win, they were constantly attacking and were the better team. Those four goals were deserves, they were top form today.

Laio didn't really do much, other then one play in the 10th minute where he shot from a rough angle instead of dumping the ball back to Victor or one of the mids, who had a much better oppurtunity.

So far its half time and Laio has been rather poor. He has only contributed to one notable thing and that was flicking on for the goal. Bota are down 2-1 to Goias hopefully he can turn things around.

Sorry to hear that. Looks like he might be better in a subs role for now :S

Side note: How is Toloi coming along? #3, big, long-haired defender?

Whole Goias defence has been good today. Really solid. If anything is winning Goias the game its definitely the defence. Toloi has pretty much contained Laio. Hopefully we weill see something different in the second half :D

Heck no. Keep it up, Rafa :D;)

He has played the full 90 so far in the match today. Hes been inconsistent i guess. He plays really well then fades away. First half today he was non-existent but in the second he has been really lively. Currently he is not on DB and with Ney Franco really close to being sacked i would like to see how he fairs with his new coach. He will get added when they check the Brazilian ratings.

Botafogo got thrashed 4-1 by Goias! I take it Laio didnt play well? :o

The upside to that is that Rafa Toloi had a good game! As heisn't on the database yet his performances shouldn't trouble people. Better to get a 70-75 rated player available for under 1 million who'll rise in the future than an expensive 77 rated forward who'll dent your transfer budget!

• 2 months later...