Loan Market Addition

Hey People,

I'd like a bit of feedback on an idea I have to enhance the current loan market.

At the moment, sides can take players on loan but there is no binding agreement with regards to loan length etc and it can be frustrating, especially for smaller clubs when players are recalled after 2-3 turns when a manager changes his mind.

Now I think we should keep this system in place, with the manager loaning the player knowing that there is no guarantees, but to run alongside this there should be a fixed fee system (it would have to be fixed as managers would just get stupid if they were allowed to ask for fees)

Something along the lines of this:

To loan a player for:-

10 turns = £250k

20 turns = £500k

30 turns = £750k

40 turns = £1m

Once a loan bid is accepted in this way, the player CANNOT be recalled by the player's parent club, but CAN be sent back to the parent club by the loaning club as they paid the fee so after that it's up to them.

This will benefit all managers, and here's how:

BIG CLUBS:

Have the opportunity to loan out young players or squad players to help fund transfers etc. This will allow.......

MID-RANGE CLUBS:

To loan players from bigger clubs, without having to blow a big part of their budget trying to land a similar player and in turn have players not used or needed at the time available to loan to.....

SMALLER CLUBS

Are always going to be outbid for better players and also have to watch the finances, and a 1m fee to guarantee a player which will significantly improve the squad for a season is a small price to pay, without the uncertainty of having a loan pulled when not expecting it.

I also think that this system in place will make managers think a little more before accepting loan bids willie-nillie then deciding that they need them for a cup game, which can be annoying.

Another argument is that it does keep cash flowing around a setup, in turn leading to more deals being done.

Any feedback appreciated as always :)

Re: Loan Market Addition

Nope, IMO It's bad enough that teams can get rid of wages by loaning out let alone making money of them.

This would lead to teams hogging players just to loan them out and make money of them.

Just introduce set loan deals from now on with no-recalls, Then at least managers that get loaned players can keep them & if the other managers want to keep there players just incase for backup then they can pay there wages & watch them come unhappy and leave for minimal ammounts in the not too distant future.

Nope' date=' IMO It's bad enough that teams can get rid of wages by loaning out let alone making money of them.

This would lead to teams hogging players just to loan them out and make money of them.

Just introduce set loan deals from now on with no-recalls, Then at least managers that get loaned players can keep them & if the other managers want to keep there players just incase for backup then they can pay there wages & watch them come unhappy and leave for minimal ammounts in the not too distant future.[/quote']

i agree if you are loaning out older players but if you are loaning out young players with potential like valencia, mata etc who could be future stars then i agree with loaning

however, loaning out robbie keane is stupid as you obviously do not need him and since he will not deveolp you should just sell him tbh

• 6 months later...

I agree with something similar.

I was surprised when the Man Utd manager agreed to loan me Tevez. I had him for about a dozen games and all was well. However, the Man Utd manager then left the game.

A new manager took over and recalled Tevez. He sold Tevez and then left the game world one game later.

So frustrating that a manager can screw a season over without having the decency to last the course.

I think the loan option should have a drop down menu

- Loan with option to recall

- Loan for entire season (unable to recall)

- Loan with first choice to buy

Although I agree that it would perhaps be more realistic, varying loan lengths used to exist in SM but got removed as it was a pointless and rather annoying feature.

As things stand in SM, a loaned player can be recalled/sent back whenever either side wants anyway so making it automatically season long just makes life easier.

Loan system definitely needs an overhaul though and when this is done I expect varying lengths of loan will return.

This would only help big clubs. You cannot allow teams to make money from loaning players out or clubs will horde and loan more so then they do now.

but if the players are good enough to expect to be signed not loaned they will deveolp concerns and leave with the new player ai

so you wont see tevez or robbie keane all loaned out anymore / you will but until concerns deveolp anyway , hence loaning wont just benefit / makethe bigger clubs richer anymore :)

or thats the plan anyway ;)

I totally agree with Shels and Brendan on this one. Anything which encourages more hording is a bad thing and when the realisation hits that you can make money by loaning out players, the big clubs will simply horde more.

Unlike others, personally I don't see much wrong with the loan system as it is now. The argument about players being recalled at any time is valid in some respects, but I must confess that on the few occasions this has happened to me, I have been able to secure a similarly rated player on loan from another club on every occasion. Therefore, although I understand the call for fixed term loans, I personally don't feel it's an absolute necessity. But I would certainly be vehemently against any financial incentives for loaning players :)

In English football i believe you can have season long loans, 3 month loans and 1 month loans.

So i think it would make sense to bring in loans with an amount of turns as an option. 10 turns, 20 turns and a full season seem to be the most logical options.

Perhaps there could also be a call back option (say 1-2 turns notice) if a manager wants to recall his player. I've had a manager recall a player on the day of a game after i'd already selected my team for that nights fixture and only found out the following day, very annoying.

So a short notice period would help.

I agree with this suggestion because its better and smaller clubs can save money to buy more youngsters while they loan in 3 good players from a big club and over 2 seasons their young players would have a good rating incrrease and improve thier team .

Also this recall rule is bad for example i manage a team like everton and im in 1st division i have loaned in 3 good players from a real madrid and all playing in my main team and im doing better than madrid in the league and one day i have a match vs real madrid what if he recalls all his players right before the match then my tactics are messed up and might result in a loss .

It would also be better for unmanaged teams to loan bid on players because usually the good players from that team are bought by big clubs and they have only 21 players and if they have injury problems and fitness problems will have a very tough time in the league .

Positive thing : Small clubs can save money and it will effect their performance.

Negative thing : Big clubs with horde players will gain much more money by loaning .

Also cheaters will buy pointless players ( 10k 20k old players for example ) and loan them to their other clubs. That would be disaster i think.

If we can find a solution about negative thing i mentioned that idea can be good.

Positive thing : Small clubs can save money and it will effect their performance.

Negative thing : Big clubs with horde players will gain much more money by loaning .

Also cheaters will buy pointless players ( 10k 20k old players for example ) and loan them to their other clubs. That would be disaster i think.

If we can find a solution about negative thing i mentioned that idea can be good.

solution to negative = player AI

players that are good enough to expect first team games and not be loaned out will deveolp concerns and leave = cannot hord as they will just leave if they are above a reasonably rating (i dont know what it is though )

i saw this on westgate players like marin etc become unhappy with being loaned out :

is that a solution to your negative ?

I'm still failing to see how the positives are working in this scenario to be honest (to use other's analogies on this thread). There has been a lot of suggestion that this will help smaller clubs by allowing them to loan players more easily and save money, yet surely that scenario already exists even without the financial incentive to the loaning club. I am yet to be in a gameworld where I cannot loan out a player of the calibre I want. The big clubs are already falling over themselves to loan out their vast hordes of players to save on wages. Be that a GC, standard gameworld or a custom, there is always plenty of players on the loan list. Unless other people's experiences are different, I fail to see how a financial incentive will do anything other than making the fat cats of the league go up a few dress sizes more.

Well yes i see that you have spotted a good negative point but it can be corrected .In such cases i think the chairman should come into play and stop the loan of low rated players .

As said before, once or twice now - it's fine as it is, this idea won't save small clubs money because some of them may not have £3M spare to loan three players for 40 turns etc etc AND pay the loanee's wages too.

Small clubs save money at the moment what with loans being free.

And what about all the players rated 65-75 who are on the loan list, the possible £1M to loan them out is more than they are worth in the first place so any small club with a spare £1M could buy their own player for that!

players that are good enough to expect first team games and not be loaned out will deveolp concerns and leave = cannot hord as they will just leave if they are above a reasonably rating (i dont know what it is though )

i saw this on westgate players like marin etc become unhappy with being loaned out :

is that a solution to your negative ?

That is a incoming feature that worked on. So that might be a solution.

players that are good enough to expect first team games and not be loaned out will deveolp concerns and leave = cannot hord as they will just leave if they are above a reasonably rating

I dont get this... Lets take for example Team A is a big wealthy club, they buy dozens of players are good enough to get first team experience and then turn around and loan them out for profit. Now not only do they not have to worry about other teams picking these players up but now they get to make money off of them for no other reason then they had the money to bid first. The player won't leave as he will be loaned out constantly, making Team A more money and allowing him to horde more players and loan them out.

All and all its a bad idea.

The player won't leave as he will be loaned out constantly' date=' making Team A more money and allowing him to horde more players and loan them out.

All and all its a bad idea.[/quote']

sorry , i maybe missing your point or not understanding properly sorry if this is the case :o

but the player would leave ! the player would deveolp a concern about being on loan when he should be expecting football under a permament contract not being on loan : then the whole process of forcing a move etc.

????????