Real Madrid-will it work?

What do we think? Will buying all these players get them where they need to be?

Imo, it wont. Madrid are trying to come up, and over the standard of Barcelona, which quite simply I dont think they can do. Barcelona are so good because

a) We have Guardiola's discipline, in comparism to Riijkard its amazing, we're pressing on the ball all the time, Guardiola is so able to cope with pressure, unlike Riijkard proved to be

B) Iniesta, Xavi, Messi, Puyol, Valdes, even Pique, played in the youth system, this system, between those players, has essentially been built up over the last 10 years, chemistry, they know each others movement, ability, passing like the back of their hands

You cant buy chemistry. You put Kaka, Ronaldo, Ribery, Villa in your team, on paper its a brilliant squad, but theres no way they will just "have" the ability we have in moving the ball around the pitch, their all fantastic players and will of course dramatically improve their squad, but I dont see them winning La Liga, or the Champions League this season

Imo they also have the wrong manager. I'm not doubting Pellegrini's ability, he's done such a good job at Villarreal, San Lorenzo, etc, but its a completely different matter managing what is a proposed dressing room of "the best players in the world". Villarreal's dressing room is one of the most humble in La Liga, they havent got special special players, none of them are egotistical, Pellegrini was listened to and had no trouble. You put Pellegrini in the environment where these players, like Ronaldo, wont listen to him properly, their ego's are too big to play together, and to work with someone like him. If Madrid build this "supposed" squad then for me the only manager that could do the job would be Mourinho, not Ferguson, with the deepest respect for Ferguson, he's like putty in Ronaldo's hands tbh, Ferguson panders after him, and Pellegrini cannot afford to that.

The Galactico's era failed last time, because Perez was a terrible chairman, and now he's trying to recreate it. He hasnt learned, surely this proves it? He's just trying to do what he failed at last time, and although I hate Madrid so I would enjoy it, its going to hurt the club, I think big time. Wrong manager, wrong president, wrong idea of buying players. Players like Higuain, who is fantastic, are going to be squashed by the likes of Ronaldo in their first team places, Real Madrid cant seem to get the idea of simply building on your squad, rather than completely replacing it.

Re: Real Madrid-will it work?

What do we think? Will buying all these players get them where they need to be?

Imo' date=' it wont. Madrid are trying to come up, and over the standard of Barcelona, which quite simply I dont think they can do. Barcelona are so good because

a) We have Guardiola's discipline, in comparism to Riijkard its amazing, we're pressing on the ball all the time, Guardiola is so able to cope with pressure, unlike Riijkard proved to be

B) Iniesta, Xavi, Messi, Puyol, Valdes, even Pique, played in the youth system, this system, between those players, has essentially been built up over the last 10 years, chemistry, they know each others movement, ability, passing like the back of their hands

You cant buy chemistry. You put Kaka, Ronaldo, Ribery, Villa in your team, on paper its a brilliant squad, but theres no way they will just "have" the ability we have in moving the ball around the pitch, their all fantastic players and will of course dramatically improve their squad, but I dont see them winning La Liga, or the Champions League this season

Imo they also have the wrong manager. I'm not doubting Pellegrini's ability, he's done such a good job at Villarreal, San Lorenzo, etc, but its a completely different matter managing what is a proposed dressing room of "the best players in the world". Villarreal's dressing room is one of the most humble in La Liga, they havent got special special players, none of them are egotistical, Pellegrini was listened to and had no trouble. You put Pellegrini in the environment where these players, like Ronaldo, wont listen to him properly, their ego's are too big to play together, and to work with someone like him. If Madrid build this "supposed" squad then for me the only manager that could do the job would be Mourinho, not Ferguson, with the deepest respect for Ferguson, he's like putty in Ronaldo's hands tbh, Ferguson panders after him, and Pellegrini cannot afford to that.

The Galactico's era failed last time, because Perez was a terrible chairman, and now he's trying to recreate it. He hasnt learned, surely this proves it? He's just trying to do what he failed at last time, and although I hate Madrid so I would enjoy it, its going to hurt the club, I think big time. Wrong manager, wrong president, wrong idea of buying players. Players like Higuain, who is fantastic, are going to be squashed by the likes of Ronaldo in their first team places, Real Madrid cant seem to get the idea of simply building on your squad, rather than completely replacing it.[/quote']

There's a lot of truth in what you've said. You can't just simply put the best 11 players on a pitch together and expect them to gel and play together because:

1) As you've said, you get a clash of ego's and players getting greedy with the ball wanting to be the star in a team full of stars.

2) Barcelona already have some of the players that would walk into a "world" 11 anyway and they would never sell to Real Madrid. At least I don't think they would.:D

The thing is though, I don't think Real will sign Ronaldo. They may sign Ribery and Kaka but I don't think either player has a massive ego. They both seem to be true professionals. And that's what Real need, true professionals. That's what Pellegrini built his Villarreal team out of. Players like Marcos Senna, Joan Capdevila and Robert Pires to name but a few. He also had an eye for a talented youngster like Mati Fernandez and Guiseppe Rossi. See I don't believe that Real will go as mad with signings as is being made out. They're really only needing a couple of solid centre backs and maybe a big player or two such as Kaka and Ribery. It's not as if they don't have talented players at the club already. I don't think Pellegrini is as soft as you've made out either. He will be able to control his players. He's done an excellent job at Villarreal and now it's his turn to make the step up and show how good a manager he really is.

I think, wether Madrid (greedy *****!) get all these players or not, it wont neccesarily make them play any better. They seemed to have gone downhill a little this season, and although this might seem typical of a United fan to say, I hope that, in all their greediness, they continue to decline in quality.

As some others have stated, fielding the best 11 players in the world wont neccesarily work. Ronaldo, for instance.. I think his ego is to big. I'm an honest United fan.. I have mixed opinions about him. Sometimes I don't like the guy. Ego's will clash.. everyone will want to be better than everyone else. So, if Madrid do sign all the best players, they are royally ******.

Besides, I think other teams will strive to beat them and try harder :P

ronaldo wont go to real now that kaka has gone and niether will ribery i think they just had a short list and kaka was the one they got there is a small chance they will spend that much on players to be honest because the would have to pay even more for ronaldo than kaka thats over 100 mil without ribery they just would not invest that much in players but aswell as the one star they have they also have a respectable younger team gago robben diarra higuan to name a few coupled with a few older players that have been at the club for a while e.g raul so i dont think they should have a problem with ego if its just kaka because he has never been the big headed type like ronaldo him and messi have achieved greatness without people thinking hes an *** madrid may buy a few more people this transfer window but it will be one or two small buys

no i dont think it will teams are built not just simply bought. It will increase their shirt sales but wont necessarily make them as good as barca. They would be better off keeping their homegrown talent e.g negredo and mata (who are doing really well in la liga) instead of p*ssing their money away on big name players.

There's a lot of truth in what you've said. You can't just simply put the best 11 players on a pitch together and expect them to gel and play together because:

1) As you've said' date=' you get a clash of ego's and players getting greedy with the ball wanting to be the star in a team full of stars.

2) Barcelona already have some of the players that would walk into a "world" 11 anyway and they would never sell to Real Madrid. At least I don't think they would.:D

All I have to say is....Luis Figo. Barca have sold to madrid before, figo was arguably the best player in the world at the point, therefore no reason why they wont sell up again.

I certainly hope it doesn't work out for a Real Madrid. I do think they will however be a much better and stronger team for next season after signing Kaka, who know's what will happen with there pursuit of Ronaldo, Ribery, etc... and whomever else they have an eye one. They'll have to build team chemistry which will be of utmost importance and surely that will take a few matches maybe for all the players to start clicking, at the end of the day i believe even after Real Madrid have finished spending there supposed 250mill transfer budget, it will only get them as far as second place to Barcelona. :o

I think it'll be interesting to see, especially if they get Ronaldo and a few more big names, how some of the big ego's on that team clash together, could be a potential disaster, well at least i hope so. :D

It wont work

Reasons:

1.Attack is good for them,however,the team is lackin Defenders and they are still buying in Attackin minded players.Which most likely end up as another Failed season.

2.Their Defence is too weak.When versues Other Teams,Sure to let in 2 or more goals.

The 2 reason is enough to let a team unable to win it,so what makes you think they can???

1) As you've said' date=' you get a clash of ego's and players getting greedy with the ball wanting to be the star in a team full of stars.

All I have to say is....Luis Figo. Barca have sold to madrid before, figo was arguably the best player in the world at the point, therefore no reason why they wont sell up again.

Figo also had no emotional attachment to Barca, the majority of Barca's current world class players have an emotional attachment because they came through there youth system or joined at an early age, the squad players they have could be replaced with ease, but I doubt Madrid will be buying just Squad players this summer.

That's why I put the wide grin at the back of "At least I don't think they would". That was me basically saying that it would be unlikely but for Barca to sell to Real, but you can't totally rule it out at the same time as you pointed out with Figo.

Guest Football8

Real Madrid only need a few players, not 59 world class players. Anyone remember Barca in 07-08, plagued with injuries all season, finished nearly 20 points behind Real Madrid.

Real Madrid have had injuries this season as well and did well and went for it, unlike Barca who finished 3rd.

But Barca are a changed team under Josep Guardiola with the new style they play, it doesn't matter whos on the pitch as long as they play their style.

If Real Madrid can adapt a style and use the best of their world class players surely they will be good. They need a completely new shape, maybe try out a new formation.

A majority of the successful European sides this season have used a 4-3-3, Chelsea, Liverpool, Man Utd, Barcelona and a few others have used it with success. Real Madrid need to try it out with possibly Ronaldo, Ribery/Robben either side and Kaka behind Villa. Then Sneijder and Diarra can hold the centre of the midfield and Sergio Ramos, Pepe, New CB and Marcelo at the back.

Imo if Guardiola can win the treble in his first season as a rookie, why can't Pellegrini ?

Anyway this is my idea of Real Madrid's squad next season, which I've also posted on the Real Madrid Thread.

Predicted/Possible 09-10 25 Man Real Madrid Squad:

Iker Casillas (Starter) (Captain)

Jordi Codina

Goalkeeper from Castilla

Pepe (Starter)

Miguel Torres

New CB (Starter)

Marcelo (Starter)

Christoph Metzelder

Sergio Ramos (Starter)

Ezequiel Garay (Starter/Sub)

New Any Defender (From Castilla or bought)

New Any Midfielder (From Castilla or bought)

Guti (Play & Coaching Role)

Arjen Robben (Possibly Sold)

Mahamadou Diarra (Starter)

Lassana Diarra

Kaka (Starter)

Wesley Sneijder (Starter)

Cristiano Ronaldo (Starter)

De la Red

Dani Parejo

Gonzalo Higuain (Starter/Sub)

David Villa (Starter)

Raúl (Play & Coaching Role)

Klaas Jan-Huntelaar (Possibly Sold)

-----------------------------------------------

Buy:

Kaka (Already Bought)

Cristiano Ronaldo

David Villa

New Centre Back

Loan Out or Sell:

Royston Drenthe

Javi Garcia

Fernando Gago

Sell:

Jerzy Dudek (Already Gone)

Fabio Cannavaro (Already Gone)

Gabriel Heinze

Rafael Van der Vaart

Javier Saviola

Ruud Van Nistelrooy

Real Madrid only need a few players' date=' not 59 world class players. Anyone remember Barca in 07-08, plagued with injuries all season, finished nearly 20 points behind Real Madrid.

Real Madrid have had injuries this season as well and did well and went for it, unlike Barca who finished 3rd.

But Barca are a changed team under Josep Guardiola with the new style they play, it doesn't matter whos on the pitch as long as they play their style.

If Real Madrid can adapt a style and use the best of their world class players surely they will be good. They need a completely new shape, maybe try out a new formation.

A majority of the successful European sides this season have used a 4-3-3, Chelsea, Liverpool, Man Utd, Barcelona and a few others have used it with success. Real Madrid need to try it out with possibly Ronaldo, Ribery/Robben either side and Kaka behind Villa. Then Sneijder and Diarra can hold the centre of the midfield and Sergio Ramos, Pepe, New CB and Marcelo at the back.

Imo if Guardiola can win the treble in his first season as a rookie, why can't Pellegrini ?

Anyway this is my idea of Real Madrid's squad next season, which I've also posted on the Real Madrid Thread.

[/quote']

You have pointed out yourself that the key to Barca's success is their style.

But style can never be developed overnight.

Barca's style was initiated by Cruyff and the current style was inherited from Rijkaard's team.

It has been developed over decades and finally become mature.

So I really really doubt Real Madrid will have excellent results next season.

It's also very difficult for them to find the best tactics to play all the star players they signed