Ouwo Moussa Maazou

jamboman

I don't know a lot about this guy and I was wondering if anybody has seen him play a bit. I've just done my scouting solely on statistics and video clips and from those I've seen that he's a tall, powerful and quick center forward who looks like he knows where the goal is. Does this sum him up? Is there potential? Is he lacking in technical ability? Any opinions would be welcome.

Re: Ouwo Moussa Maazou

I don't know a lot about this guy and I was wondering if anybody has seen him play a bit. I've just done my scouting solely on statistics and video clips and from those I've seen that he's a tall' date=' powerful and quick center forward who looks like he knows where the goal is. Does this sum him up? Is there potential? Is he lacking in technical ability? Any opinions would be welcome.[/quote']

Until I saw him play I would have thought the same. From looking at a photo/short clip of him and his fantastic scoring record that's the impression you may get, but he actually has much more to his game that that. When he first join CSKA he did play CF (due to the injury of Vagner Love), but now Vagner has returned from injury he is playing on the right wing (ahead of the fully fit MiloŇ° Krasic). He may not seem the type of play who would succeed in that position (I must admit, I thought he'd fail there), but too my surprise he has done very well. He's got pace, strength, is a nightmare for defenders, and of course still uses his ability to score goals. He does still lack some of the technical ability a natural winger, such as Krasic may have, but he sure makes up for that in pace and power.

In the next rating changes a rating increase to 86 is likely and a positional change to F/W (or possibly even W/F).

Until I saw him play I would have thought the same. From looking at a photo/short clip of him and his fantastic scoring record that's the impression you may get' date=' but he actually has much more to his game that that. When he first join CSKA he did play CF (due to the injury of Vagner Love), but now Vagner has returned from injury he is playing on the right wing (ahead of the fully fit MiloŇ° Krasic). He may not seem the type of play who would succeed in that position (I must admit, I thought he'd fail there), but too my surprise he has done very well. He's got pace, strength, is a nightmare for defenders, and of course still uses his ability to score goals. He does still lack some of the technical ability a natural winger, such as Krasic may have, but he sure makes up for that in pace and power.

In the next rating changes a rating increase to 86 is likely and a positional change to F/W (or possibly even W/F).[/quote']

Thanks for the reply Ben. I know you're really clued up on your Russian football. I hadn't realised that he'd displaced Krasic out on the right flank for CSKA. That's some feat. Do you think CSKA will keep him out there or will they eventually move him back to his natural position? I can't see Vagner Love being at CSKA past this current season. Could they possibly be lining Maazou up as a successor to Vagner Love?

Thanks for the reply Ben. I know you're really clued up on your Russian football. I hadn't realised that he'd displaced Krasic out on the right flank for CSKA. That's some feat. Do you think CSKA will keep him out there or will they eventually move him back to his natural position? I can't see Vagner Love being at CSKA past this current season. Could they possibly be lining Maazou up as a successor to Vagner Love?

It's unclear what Zico will do (he has a habbit of making strange decisions), but there are many options as to where Maazou will play in the future. Of course Vagner is a top player, and if he was to leave (which is loking likely), Maazou would be perfect to take his position. Necid is also looking for regular football, but I feel Maazou will always have the edge over him. The other option is with Zhirkov looking likely to leave, moving Krasic to the left, and keeping Maazou on the right, or just moving Maazou to the left (where I believe he would still do well). For now though (imo) Krasic is too good to be left on the bench and should be given first team football. Maazou for now would be a great impact sub to have (and replace any injuries/suspensions in the attacking 3 positions), and will no doubt have a first team place within a season.