youth/ reserve games

youth/ reserve games  

1. 1.

• yes its a good idea
    • no its a bad idea

teams usually have players that are mainly sat on the bench or not playing at all

these players should have their own reserve league like in england

the players are therefore more happy to stay at the club n perform better if needed in the first team and arent "rusty" and have little expierence

Re: youth/ reserve games

Just a couple of questions to see how this would work.

1) Will the fitness of players decrease like they do in ordinary games, or will they remain unaffected like in friendlies?

2) Will it just be a league or will there be reserve cups?

3) If i have a small squad how am I supposed to honour committments in the reserve league without there being a detrimental effect on seniors ?

4) Will the minimum squad number be increased so that i have enough fit players for all the extra matches ?

5) Will i recieve imcome from home youth matches to pay players wages?

6) What is the standard for players eligible to play? do they have to be under a certain age or rating level? I ask this because i can see managers with large incomes, fielding a "reserve" squad with an average of 90 that would be more than capable of playing in a senior league and thus putting everyone else at a disadvantage.

7) Will these reserve leagues be run in parallel to the seniors so if your main team is in DIV 1 will your reserve team be in RESDIV1 or is there a completely different structure.

8) Are they compulsory, or would it be a case of entering a youth team at the start of each season?

I think is has the potential to be a good idea but at this moment im abit sceptical and sitting on the fence lol, i look forward to seeing the answers to my questions.

i see what your saying about your questions and i shall answer them best i can

1) the fitness would go down but not as much as in the first team as the reserves dont work as hard but they do still lose a bit of fitness.

2) it will be a mixture of both there will be a league and a cup for the reserves so they can feel the atmosphere of being in a cup final

3) good question but unfortunately i dont no of a good enough answer the only idea i can think of is if you get some free agents or something for free from soccermanager

4) im not to sure about that question

5) yes u shall recieve income for fans that come into your stadium to watch the reserves but u should also have to pay their wages too

6) the players can be any age but the rating is still undecided yet but i was possibly thinkin 87 lower or something like that i didnt really think about that one

7) another good question but like in the reserve team in england the reserves play one day n then the seniors play another this could possibly be the structure so no confusion happens wondering how to play reserves lol

8) it could be complusory each manager could be asked if they want to enter before every season n depending on the numbers sort that into how many leagues there is so one season there could be 2 with quite a few teams another could jus be 1 so it would depend on numbers

thanks for the questions hope they helped

i think you should have the option to do this or not ie: small teams do not have to take part if they do not want too.

for each setup a minimum of 6 teams must take place (or some other number thats just an example) and i think conditions should go down as in real life you do not play anderson / nani etc in the reserves incase of injury so you only really but your reserve players in the reseverves not players like pato etc as this would not stop player hogging

• 4 weeks later...

Youth League

I know this has probably been suggested before, but i would like to suggest my own format.

Basically, at the start of each season every club in a setup would get asked if they want to enter a Youth League next season. I understand that many teams don't have 16 players so maybe it could be a five-a-side league?

Anyway as many teams probably wouldn't enter due to not having anyone in their youth team, there would just be one division. Everyone plays everyone at home and away like usual.

I think it would an extra dimension into the game; not only 5 a side football, but it would also give managers something to do with un-used youth players.

I think it would also be interesting due to the varying ratings in a team. For example, my Goalkeeper would be Daud (rated 74) and my striker would be Pato (rated 92). So it would be interesting to see my average rating and see if i could beat any other teams?

What are your thoughts? I would like to hear from someone at SM aswell as everyone else :)

Re: Youth League

I know this has probably been suggested before' date=' but i would like to suggest my own format.

Basically, at the start of each season every club in a setup would get asked if they want to enter a Youth League next season. I understand that many teams don't have 16 players so maybe it could be a five-a-side league?

Anyway as many teams probably wouldn't enter due to not having anyone in their youth team, there would just be one division. Everyone plays everyone at home and away like usual.

I think it would an extra dimension into the game; not only 5 a side football, but it would also give managers something to do with un-used youth players.

I think it would also be interesting due to the varying ratings in a team. For example, my Goalkeeper would be Daud (rated 74) and my striker would be Pato (rated 92). So it would be interesting to see my average rating and see if i could beat any other teams?

What are your thoughts? I would like to hear from someone at SM aswell as everyone else :)[/quote']

This idea has cropped up before, but not in a 5 a side format I don't think. Personally, I think its a decent idea, 11 a side gets a little boring, and a mini 5 a side league for interested teams would be fun at the start of a new season. Just something different. It would also mean teams would only need a maximum of around 10 youth players (Backup for each position) to enter.

If not 5 a side, SM should introduce optional youth leagues in setups. Many youth players sit in squads doing nothing but soaking up wages and decreasing profit margins each turn, so why not give them a use within SM whilst they are not upto first choice standard.