I am Newcastle in a world championship and I need to buy a whole new team as all the ratings will go down. I am also trying to cut the wage bill so I dont want any players rated over 89. I realy need a left-back rated 87-89. Any ideas will be appreciated. I need him to have an oppurtunuty to rise in the future. Please help.

Im kind of in the same situation but needing a DM. I decided to use this thread instead of making a new one. I have about 10 m to spend. Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks Again

Re: What left back should I buy

Marcel Schafer. He's 88 rated, 24 years old and he plays for Wolfsburg. He's also started to appear in the German squad. I think he has about 2 or 3 caps so far. So put that along with the fact that Wolfsburg just won the Bundesliga last month then I think a rise to an 89 is immanent for Schafer. Infact a rise to a 90 may not even be out of the question.

Marcel Schafer. He's 88 rated' date=' 24 years old and he plays for Wolfsburg. He's also started to appear in the German squad. I think he has about 2 or 3 caps so far. So put that along with the fact that Wolfsburg just won the Bundesliga last month then I think a rise to an 89 is immanent for Schafer. Infact a rise to a 90 may not even be out of the question.[/quote']

Thanks, I've been looking at wolfsburg and already baught dzeko and grafite.

Schafer looks very solid and looks like he could rise so if you were to go and get him then I would get him tied up on a 5 year contract A.S.A.P. to avoid paying out high wages.:)

p.s. Dzenko was a really good buy by the way. That one should really pay off for you. And again, get him tied up on a 5 year deal if you can while he's on relatively low wages.

• 2 weeks later...

cissoko spelling but at milan and used to play for porto he is an excellent prospect i do not know much about him but seeing him in champions league he was excellent and a future 90 + very soon :)

definately worth a buy :)

Are you sure he plays for Milan, I cant find him:confused:

cissoko spelling but at milan and used to play for porto he is an excellent prospect i do not know much about him but seeing him in champions league he was excellent and a future 90 + very soon :)

definately worth a buy :)

Are you sure he plays for Milan' date=' I cant find him:confused:[/quote']

His move to Milan collapsed apparently due to a dental problem, but still he's a quality player. I would buy him.

If he's not available, i would buy De Cegile or Santon. :)