Do you sign player in sm based on thier ingame performance or based on ther potential

ARTHUR SPOONER

This is a curious us issue.

I have seen manager sell or swap the likes of mutu for 2x89 youngsters, even though mutu had score 49 goals in 63 games.

My question is do you sign players tbased on thier potential (which may in turn resulkt in thier rating going up, even though they may play poorlyy) or do you signe players based on thier in game performance.

If this is tthe case then surely players like morientes larsson, trezeguet, ronaldo (fat one) should all be signed immediatly as they all seem to do well regardless of what league they play in.

Re: Do you sign player in sm based on thier ingame performance or based on ther poten

In-game performance is a very short term basis upon which to buy players. Even more so than just looking at their current rating.

Buying for a future increase means you add more value to your squad which helps on the pitch long term and in the transfer market when it comes to making other deals.

I have never ever signed a player based on in-game performance and would not recommend it. If their rating suffers due to real life performances, they will play worse than otherwise identical players who have their old rating.

Re: Do you sign player in sm based on thier ingame performance or based on ther poten

I never sign players based on how they perform on the game. I base my signings on real life potential even if, as you say, they are not playing well on the game.

Thats just me though. Will be interesting what everyone else does though.

I use both approaches, the older gc that i play in use in game performance and that has resulted in me winning several leagues and cup competitions.

I do sign players on potential also but i hav recentyl found myself struggling.

This is a curious us issue.

I have seen manager sell or swap the likes of mutu for 2x89 youngsters' date=' even though mutu had score 49 goals in 63 games.

My question is do you sign players tbased on thier potential (which may in turn resulkt in thier rating going up, even though they may play poorlyy) or do you signe players based on thier in game performance.

If this is tthe case then surely players like morientes larsson, trezeguet, ronaldo (fat one) should all be signed immediatly as they all seem to do well regardless of what league they play in.[/quote']

A bit of both, if I think I'm going to be with a club in say 3 years time, normanly GC clubs I'l sign youth and players with the potential to rise in the next 3 years. But I'l also sign players and sell players based on current ratings, because of days like today when Mexico was downgraded for there 2nd ratings in a row and I don't think many people were expecting a 2nd downgrading of the league, so I'l be offloading a load of Mexicans soon and replacing with other squad players for cup games.

If I'm at a club I'm playing to expriment with different tactics, normanly a national league setup, I'l sign players based on current ratings not really minding if they go up or down because I'l just replace them if they dip under 88 rating. I seldom sign players that arn't youth on name alone a 91 CF is a 91 CF within the game and names don't effect performance until ratings changes

Usually id say potential but for the fact that i refused to sign Molinaro in a number of my clubs despite an appearent "guarranteed" rise (which nvr actually happened come to think of it :rolleyes:) because in several setups he has always played appallingly.... :P