Trading with unmanaged clubs

At first this idea sounds stupid but just hear me out. There are up sides and down sides to this I just want to hear other opinions.

Upside

When a team has 21 players or just 2 Gk's and that team is unmanaged you can't buy anyone from them. So if you wanted to buy one of the last 2 Gk's you must trade a Gk and if you wanna buy an outfield player you must trade an outfield player(obviously 2 players + money as well if players do not reach chairman)This way an unmanaged team will still have 21 players or 2 Gk's

Downside

People will take over a club with players missing and random players in their squad. How is this different when say you take control over Juventus, they have a large squad but when you take control of them your star players are missing?

Please comment your opinions and if you like this idea feel free to post any improvements!

Re: Trading with unmanaged clubs

At first this idea sounds stupid but just hear me out. There are up sides and down sides to this I just want to hear other opinions.

Upside

When a team has 21 players or just 2 Gk's and that team is unmanaged you can't buy anyone from them. So if you wanted to buy one of the last 2 Gk's you must trade a Gk and if you wanna buy an outfield player you must trade an outfield player(obviously 2 players + money as well if players do not reach chairman)This way an unmanaged team will still have 21 players or 2 Gk's

Downside

People will take over a club with players missing and random players in their squad. How is this different when say you take control over Juventus' date=' they have a large squad but when you take control of them your star players are missing?

Please comment your opinions and if you like this idea feel free to post any improvements![/quote']

Obviously, when you choose the club you want to manage, IT will show the club's current players/cash/etc. So a manager can choose if he is happy with the squad and wants to manage them.

This is how it used to be and SM changed it because a team particulary in a GC ended up with loads of 80-86 rated players normanly over 30 years old and had lost all there higher rated players. So this left them unattractive to manage, so SM rightly imo stopped part exchanges to unmanaged clubs in setups.

Or why dont sm if the team is unmanaged for say between 2 weeks and a month add a player or 2 to that current squad such as an external youth player that plays for that team or is the same nationality as the club and country ok robbing the players on other teams ruins them but in my ec fulham and wigan have been unmanaged for about 6 months and both have 21 players fulham have cole 93 a lb which i would dearly love because i am playing chiellini there atm and at wigan theres a host of players i wouldnt mind reina 93 my gk is 91 jesus navas 92 valencia 89 this is a joke and an absolute waste of these players

Or why dont sm if the team is unmanaged for say between 2 weeks and a month add a player or 2 to that current squad such as an external youth player that plays for that team or is the same nationality as the club and country ok robbing the players on other teams ruins them but in my ec fulham and wigan have been unmanaged for about 6 months and both have 21 players fulham have cole 93 a lb which i would dearly love because i am playing chiellini there atm and at wigan theres a host of players i wouldnt mind reina 93 my gk is 91 jesus navas 92 valencia 89 this is a joke and an absolute waste of these players

That's exactly what I'm talking about :rolleyes:

My thinking in this case would be quite the opposite. Surely you would want the hope of a member coming along and taking this team with some good players to increase the challenge to your side. Even if they are not managed for some time, surely you would want this unmanaged side to stay competitive rather than be shorn of all its stars? Clearly the average of this starting XI is such that it gives your side a challenge. Take away the players by your proposal and you'll be left with a non-competitive side with an average rating in the low 80s probably. Doing it to a few sides in the gameworld and you'll be left with a handful of managers in the gameworld and playing with 95% unmanaged sides who all of you will beat. The title each season will be decided by your games against the managed sides alone. That doesn't sound like fun to me. I actually rejoice the fact when unmanaged clubs get to 21 players and still have some stars in their ranks as it means more competitive games over the course of a season and more of a challenge - the better players spread over more teams. Even if it means I don't get to improve my LB or CM or whatever. Perhaps I'm in the minority, but I much rather prefer it as it is as the challenge is always greater when other teams can match your average rating :)

My thinking in this case would be quite the opposite. Surely you would want the hope of a member coming along and taking this team with some good players to increase the challenge to your side. Even if they are not managed for some time' date=' surely you would want this unmanaged side to stay competitive rather than be shorn of all its stars? Clearly the average of this starting XI is such that it gives your side a challenge. Take away the players by your proposal and you'll be left with a non-competitive side with an average rating in the low 80s probably. Doing it to a few sides in the gameworld and you'll be left with a handful of managers in the gameworld and playing with 95% unmanaged sides who all of you will beat. The title each season will be decided by your games against the managed sides alone. That doesn't sound like fun to me. I actually rejoice the fact when unmanaged clubs get to 21 players and still have some stars in their ranks as it means more competitive games over the course of a season and more of a challenge - the better players spread over more teams. Even if it means I don't get to improve my LB or CM or whatever. Perhaps I'm in the minority, but I much rather prefer it as it is as the challenge is always greater when other teams can match your average rating :)[/quote']

basically why do we want to ruin teams to make them terrible !

it means more competition as the team does not get ruined so thats a good thing :)

i agree as otherwise my sevilla club would have been ruined if not for this rule

now i have had it for a while i am very happy with it :)

anyway SM would not reverse their decision to how it used to be after changing it :P

Yes but this Wigan side isn't even in the top flight so how is it giving me competition? and the Fulham have 1 90 and thats Cole believe you me i would love someone to pick those teams up so then i can at least try and negotiate the players in question with them but i can't even do that and great left backs are very hard to come by believe you me i have tried to negotiate with other managers was quoted 20 mill for Maxwell which i might take up but the 2 i really have my eyes on are at the same team Clichy 92 and Lahm 93 and the manager is being tight fisted and have made him some pretty good offers and when i have spent 19 months building a Huddersfield squad from a new setup in an ec and taking them to where they are now and the squad they have now i feel robbed of not being able to at least grab the odd 1 or 2 players off unmanaged clubs. It isn't as if i can't negotiate either i have Ronaldo and Gerrard and Essien and others for whom i have brought to the club through teams that are managed. I want 1 or 2 players from clubs that have been unmanaged for a vey long time it isn't as if i am destroying the setup

Yes but this Wigan side isn't even in the top flight so how is it giving me competition? and the Fulham have 1 90 and thats Cole believe you me i would love someone to pick those teams up so then i can at least try and negotiate the players in question with them but i can't even do that and great left backs are very hard to come by believe you me i have tried to negotiate with other managers was quoted 20 mill for Maxwell which i might take up but the 2 i really have my eyes on are at the same team Clichy 92 and Lahm 93 and the manager is being tight fisted and have made him some pretty good offers and when i have spent 19 months building a Huddersfield squad from a new setup in an ec and taking them to where they are now and the squad they have now i feel robbed of not being able to at least grab the odd 1 or 2 players off unmanaged clubs. It isn't as if i can't negotiate either i have Ronaldo and Gerrard and Essien and others for whom i have brought to the club through teams that are managed. I want 1 or 2 players from clubs that have been unmanaged for a vey long time it isn't as if i am destroying the setup

in your case you are not but in a majority of the cases you would get people (like me ) buying 70 rated risers and when they go to 80 or ratings not good enough for a starting place jus trading them

fine you would give decent deals but usually people just give two 85's for a 90 which is a bad deal hence the reason it was removed it is just to make clubs more attractive to manage