Why Is La Liga Proving To Be So Attractive?

Guest jamster111

Guest jamster111

Why Do Players Move Away From The Premiership In Favour Of La Liga?

I Post This Thread In Light Of Recent Events And Rumours Surrounding English Clubs. Throughout The Week I've Head Mascherano Linked With Barce Clichy Linked With Madrid And Obviously Ronaldo Amongst Others. I Can Not See An Attration To Step Down A League In Quality Just For A Few Exra Thousand. I Mean The Weather Is Better and Taxes Are Lower Over There Which Is Crucial In The Lure Of Spanish Clubs. If We Faced Facts Ronaldo Has Just Made A Monumental Error Of Judgement In Joining Madrid, He Was With The League Champions Of The Richest League In The World And Yet Said For 2 Years He Wanted to Join Madrid?

The Climates Hotter But The Quality Of Football Is oorer And The Void Is Obvious When You See Clubs Becoming Destabilised Very Quickly (Zaragoza, Getafe And Deportivo For Example)

Most Of The Clubs Over Their Are Paid By Taxes And Credit Loans, I Aren't Sayin The Way We Run Our Clubs In Any Better but It IS More Stabilised In The Long Term. Over the Years Beckham, Heinze, Forlan, Pique And Henry Have All Moved To Spain And Their Careers Haven't Really Improved (Except Pique And Forlan)

But It Says Something About The Premiership That Players Like Kanoute And Forlan Excel In That League But Not Over Here. Its Alot More Physical And Quicker In The Premier League. The Gap Was Shown No More So Than Liverpools Thumping Of Madrid Last Season

I Find Any Player Such As Ronaldo Who Wants To Step Down As Shallow And Ungrateful. I Understand He Was Never A Fans Favourite But the Fact Is He Is An Outstanding Player And A Major Loss For The Premier League And A Big Gain For La Liga. I Am Worried That Global Perceptions Will Soon Become OF The Opinion That La Liga Is The Best In The World Just Because They Succeeded In Snatching Two Stars From The Premiership

Are You Expecting Repercussions From English Clubs Towards La Liga?

Perhaps Eto'o To Man City Or Aguero To Chelsea

To Put The Pride Back Into The League And Stam Out The Idea We Take Any Offer That Comes And Run.

Personally I Am Looking At Man City To Respond By Signing A Major Player For The Premiership

And If Kakas Intentions Were Soley To Do With Milans Financial State We Would Have Moved To Man City For 100 Million Surely? :rolleyes:

Never Trust A Footballers Word.

Re: Why Is La Liga Proving To Be So Attractive?

For me,it is Epl and La liga is the same,they both have good qualities and Bad ones.So it makes them equal.So what.La liga have Barca and Real.thats why they are popular,however,EPL have Man U,Liverpool and Chelsea,so each is equal.Plus,like we all said,Kaka joined Real because of Fiancial Problems and Kaka didn't join Man city because they are not in europe yet.Rolnadol join because he wanted to play at Real,since their Chair men gave him a Much better deal and Ferguson knew he needs to sell a player who doesn't want to stay.even if he is a star player.It doesn''t mean anything.It is just transfer.so i say you just stop comparing the 2 as i think they are both great.

I think it's wrong to compare the two leagues. Totally different styles of play really. The argument regarding who's better is irrelevant to be honest. You can't really decide that as its like comparing chalk and cheese, two very different leagues.

I think as silly as it sounds, Ronaldo has gone where he belongs. Ronaldo is a big ego that has been graced with talent. The worst kind of person, someone who is good and is very very aware of it. Real Madrid is all about the reputation for Ronaldo. Think about it from his point of view, ever since he was a little kid living in Portugal, Real were the big dogs. Man Utd are a better side than Real at the moment but at the time the class and prestige that was Real Madrid is what has taken him there in my opinion. I dont think it has much to do with either league being better than the other. It is all about the ego, weather and cash if you ask me. After all, Real Madrid players are pretty much all flash gits anyway :D ( NO OFFENSE INTENDED )

• 2 weeks later...

There is one definitive anser to this: the exchange rate.

Previously the strong pound meant that we could get players abroad for (relatively) cheaply so we did.

When the exchange rate was strongest in Summer 2008 the EPL brought in Robinho, Kompany, Pavluchenko, Mascherano, Modric, Boswinga, Deco, Jo, Nasri, Reira, Coloccini and Fellaini.

While those who went in the other direction were either sold off cheaply or on frees or are only average (with a few exceptions). Flamini, Gilberto Silva, Hleb, Pique, Riise, Lehmann, Diarra, Makelele, Muntari and Shevchenko.

And almost half of those are from Arsenal :o

Instead La Liga took its transfers from other European leagues where the exchange rate was more reasnable.

Now the situation has reversed and since football (as any large scale event does i should add) runs on money these days. La Liga is pretty much the EPLs equivalent in terms of skill so for the same football but more money (and a hotter climate :)) where do u think the industries going to go?

The change is completely economic, League snobbishness has nothing to do with it B)

I also heard that now tax for footballer wages is 50%. I think it's one of Ronaldo reason to leave England. For footballer like Ronaldo, 50% tax for his wages is very big. In the future, world class player will try to avoid England because big tax.

I also heard that now tax for footballer wages is 50%. I think it's one of Ronaldo reason to leave England. For footballer like Ronaldo' date=' 50% tax for his wages is very big. In the future, world class player will try to avoid England because big tax.[/quote']

or alternatively employ very creative accountants to get them out of it

Guest Football8

Why Do Players Move Away From The Premiership In Favour Of La Liga?

I Post This Thread In Light Of Recent Events And Rumours Surrounding English Clubs. Throughout The Week I've Head Mascherano Linked With Barce Clichy Linked With Madrid And Obviously Ronaldo Amongst Others. I Can Not See An Attration To Step Down A League In Quality Just For A Few Exra Thousand. I Mean The Weather Is Better and Taxes Are Lower Over There Which Is Crucial In The Lure Of Spanish Clubs. If We Faced Facts Ronaldo Has Just Made A Monumental Error Of Judgement In Joining Madrid' date=' He Was With The League Champions Of The Richest League In The World And Yet Said For 2 Years He Wanted to Join Madrid?[/i']

The Climates Hotter But The Quality Of Football Is oorer And The Void Is Obvious When You See Clubs Becoming Destabilised Very Quickly (Zaragoza, Getafe And Deportivo For Example)

Most Of The Clubs Over Their Are Paid By Taxes And Credit Loans, I Aren't Sayin The Way We Run Our Clubs In Any Better but It IS More Stabilised In The Long Term. Over the Years Beckham, Heinze, Forlan, Pique And Henry Have All Moved To Spain And Their Careers Haven't Really Improved (Except Pique And Forlan)

But It Says Something About The Premiership That Players Like Kanoute And Forlan Excel In That League But Not Over Here. Its Alot More Physical And Quicker In The Premier League. The Gap Was Shown No More So Than Liverpools Thumping Of Madrid Last Season

I Find Any Player Such As Ronaldo Who Wants To Step Down As Shallow And Ungrateful. I Understand He Was Never A Fans Favourite But the Fact Is He Is An Outstanding Player And A Major Loss For The Premier League And A Big Gain For La Liga. I Am Worried That Global Perceptions Will Soon Become OF The Opinion That La Liga Is The Best In The World Just Because They Succeeded In Snatching Two Stars From The Premiership

Are You Expecting Repercussions From English Clubs Towards La Liga?

Perhaps Eto'o To Man City Or Aguero To Chelsea

To Put The Pride Back Into The League And Stam Out The Idea We Take Any Offer That Comes And Run.

Personally I Am Looking At Man City To Respond By Signing A Major Player For The Premiership

And If Kakas Intentions Were Soley To Do With Milans Financial State We Would Have Moved To Man City For 100 Million Surely? :rolleyes:

Never Trust A Footballers Word.

Step down a league ? Just because we live in England we think EPL is the best, but that's not my view, I think both are the same. Ronaldo's dream is to play for Real Madrid, he wanted to leave last summer after achieving everything he could with Man Utd. Now he's moving to a bigger club in history. The players careers not improve clearly shows there in a top league, just like the EPL. If they moved to say Holland they'd be a hit.

In my opinion, La Liga is only being better recognized now than ever is due to Barcelona's historic 2008/09 campaign. The ramifications of how Barcelona has played "sexy" football and destroying Madrid has left Perez to sign these incredible players in order to compete with Barcelona next season. He thinks bringing in all these superstar players will make Madrid this win year, especially the CL because the Bernabéu is where the final will be hosted.

What I'm trying to say is that these 2 clubs; Barcelona and Real Madrid may very well be the best teams in the world next season who both compete in La Liga making it "attractive" but really, it will only be a battle of 2 giant clubs. Whereas the EPL have more teams who make the competition more competitive and even without the best players, I still think the EPL will be more attractive.

Trying not to be offensive to people out there, but I have met many English people over the years and whenever I ask them what it's like over there, they don't seem to promote it very well.

There is one definitive anser to this: the exchange rate.

Previously the strong pound meant that we could get players abroad for (relatively) cheaply so we did.

When the exchange rate was strongest in Summer 2008 the EPL brought in Robinho' date=' Kompany, Pavluchenko, Mascherano, Modric, Boswinga, Deco, Jo, Nasri, Reira, Coloccini and Fellaini.

While those who went in the other direction were either sold off cheaply or on frees or are only average (with a few exceptions). Flamini, Gilberto Silva, Hleb, Pique, Riise, Lehmann, Diarra, Makelele, Muntari and Shevchenko.

And almost half of those are from Arsenal :o

Instead La Liga took its transfers from other European leagues where the exchange rate was more reasnable.

Now the situation has reversed and since football (as any large scale event does i should add) runs on money these days. La Liga is pretty much the EPLs equivalent in terms of skill so for the same football but more money (and a hotter climate :)) where do u think the industries going to go?

[b']The change is completely economic,[/b] League snobbishness has nothing to do with it B)

Yep thats spot on, with the new 50% higher earner tax rate and a footballers top earning carear not being that long, of course players are going to move, players are motivated by money and the Champs League, which unforcently at the moment is more attractive in Spain and to a certain degree Italy if they don't sell all there best players to Spain.

Only Chelsea and Man City have the resources to offer contracts that are 60-70% more a week in comparrision to what is offered in Spain for the player to come out with the same basic take home pay after tax.

Liverpool can't afford it, Arsenal have a wage structure and Man Utd would have a revoult on thier hands if they offered for example Ribery 5 times a week more then Shrek so he could earn what he would get at Madrid.