Will people start to hate Real Madrid?

BenMotty

Hi,

As many of you will probably know, Real Madrid have been doing a lot in the transfer market recently, with the signing of Kaka, and expected signings of Cristiano Ronaldo, David Villa and Raul Allbiol. These are great players, but Real Madrid are paying a lot for them. Kaka cost £56 million, Ronaldo will cost £80 million and Villa/Allbiol around £40 million, that is around £170 million for the four players.

They are probably going to have a great team next season. But, are people going to start to hate Real Madrid? They are spending a lot of money, and some people may accuse them of "buying" their way to the La Liga title and Champions League next season, if they win them. They are also paying massive transfer fees for single players. They've already broke the transfer world record, it looks like next week they are going to SMASH their own record again.

Will people hate Real Madrid that is buying people in the way they are trying to? Will people hate Real Madrid for paying the massive transfer fees that they are going to be paying? Are they ruining football?

It's bad for existing players at Real Madrid who won't be able to get into the starting 11. It's possibly also bad for young players who might struggle to get into the team because of these players.

I won't hate Real Madrid for what they are doing. But, will some people?

Re: Will people start to hate Real Madrid?

To be fair, I already do dislike Real Madrid, so if everyone else starts to, I'll have to change my mind. :rolleyes:

But yes, people will. Usually its down to jealousy, of all the money one team has and not another, therefore people will naturally dislike that aspect of the club, therefore hating the entire club.

Their choice, but I can forsee my starting to have to like Real Madrid soon.

What do you mean' date=' "start"?[/quote']

I say "start" because while some people will probably already hate them, I am asking will what they are currently doing in the transfer market make lots and lots of people hate them.

Hi' date='

As many of you will probably know, Real Madrid have been doing a lot in the transfer market recently, with the signing of Kaka, and expected signings of Cristiano Ronaldo, David Villa and Raul Allbiol. These are great players, but Real Madrid are paying a lot for them. Kaka cost £56 million, Ronaldo will cost £80 million and Villa/Allbiol around £40 million, that is around £170 million for the four players.

They are probably going to have a great team next season. But, are people going to start to hate Real Madrid? They are spending a lot of money, and some people may accuse them of "buying" their way to the La Liga title and Champions League next season, if they win them. They are also paying massive transfer fees for single players. They've already broke the transfer world record, it looks like next week they are going to SMASH their own record again.

Will people hate Real Madrid that is buying people in the way they are trying to? Will people hate Real Madrid for paying the massive transfer fees that they are going to be paying? Are they ruining football?

It's bad for existing players at Real Madrid who won't be able to get into the starting 11. It's possibly also bad for young players who might struggle to get into the team because of these players.

I won't hate Real Madrid for what they are doing. But, will some people?[/quote']

You don't hate then because City are tring to un-successfully do the same thing, offering £100 mill for kaka etc....

As for buying the champions leauge it didn't work for Chelski did it....:D

ive always had a dislike of real madrid.

always had the backing of the spanish government e.g. Reals legend striker franco di stefano was going to sign for barca and the spanish government come in and hey ho he signs for real and becomes a legend!

ive always had a dislike of real madrid.

always had the backing of the spanish government e.g. Reals legend striker franco di stefano was going to sign for barca and the spanish government come in and hey ho he signs for real and becomes a legend!

Not quite. Stefano had a deal where he would play one year in Real Madrid and then one year in Barcelona and then he would decide. Barcelona thought something like this was an abomination and backed off in their intents. Their bad...

Not quite. Stefano had a deal where he would play one year in Real Madrid and then one year in Barcelona and then he would decide. Barcelona thought something like this was an abomination and backed off in their intents. Their bad...

Oh right, thanks for pointing that out buddy :)

I really doubt it. Unlike the clubs who are hated for their excessive spending, namely Chelsea and Manchester City, Real Madrid have been famous for spending big before. People are used to this kind of Real Madrid. Real Madrid have broken four transfer records - in a row! There's no billionaire splashing cash around like an idiot. There's just a club that has always had money and has always been using it. Also, they're not "buying success" to me. They're just buying it back. ;)

I really doubt it. Unlike the clubs who are hated for their excessive spending' date=' namely Chelsea and Manchester City, Real Madrid have been famous for spending big before. People are used to this kind of Real Madrid. [b']Real Madrid have broken four transfer records - in a row! There's no billionaire splashing cash around like an idiot[/b]. There's just a club that has always had money and has always been using it. Also, they're not "buying success" to me. They're just buying it back. ;)

Thats a bit of a oxymoron, and you are contradicting yourself by saying that.

Perez is a billionaire and is splashing cash about, right? :rolleyes:

Anyway, I've always disliked Madrid. I like a few of their players like VDV, Raul and Robben and thats about it. :o

I LOVE them:) only due to the fact thier foolish enough to pay £80m for Ronaldo. Only for him want to leave after a rubbish season :P

Seriously. Stupidly enough' date=' many teams will benefit from this :). Including Man Utd[/quote']

Second best goalscorer in the EPL and taking ManU to the CL final is a rubbish season? :confused: Every ManU supporter says their glad Ronaldo is gone, but deep inside they know unless a very good player that can take the EPL by storm comes to ManU, winning the league title again will be very difficult.

Second best goalscorer in the EPL and taking ManU to the CL final is a rubbish season? :confused: Every ManU supporter says their glad Ronaldo is gone' date=' but deep inside they know unless a very good player that can take the EPL by storm comes to ManU, winning the league title again will be very difficult.[/quote']

No i meen. If he has a rubbish season at Madrid he will want to leave:)

I can honestly say i am happy to see the back of ronaldo.

No i meen. If he has a rubbish season at Madrid he will want to leave:)

I can honestly say i am happy to see the back of ronaldo.

Ah, fair enough. Well, usually players who came out of the EPL to La Liga play much worse there, like Overmars or more recently Hleb. But I honestly think Ronaldo can be crowned FIFA Player Of The Year again if takes his role seriously.

La Liga will be the most exciting league this season. Messi, Ronaldo, Kaka, Iniesta, Xavi and probably Ibrahimovic as well, basically the best players in the world will be there. :)

Guest Daragh

I LOVE them:) only due to the fact thier foolish enough to pay £80m for Ronaldo. Only for him want to leave after a rubbish season :P

Seriously. Stupidly enough' date=' [b']many teams will benefit from this[/b] :). Including Man Utd

I hope your right, if Madrid start selling all the players who don't fit the "Galactico" status, then I think every club would take advantage of it. I remember reading someones post saying that even Higuain could possibly move as he doesn't fit the "Galactico" status , if they are selling players of his quality and Liverpool take advantage, I'd love them not hate them :P

Then everybody should hate English teams ...

I mean EPL weak team buy players in Brazil, Argentina, weaker european teams ... They bid 10m and that's it.

So maybe MU or Milan fans will hate Madrid, because they are jealous, but all the others that understood money is the most important factor in soccer will just enjoy watching Ronaldo playing with Kaka

Guest Football8

Nothing wrong with spending, Real Madrid are only paying what the clubs ask for, simple. Real Madrid are a side that can afford top players, other sides can't, hence they are jealous and start comparing football to poor people and economic crisis.

Nothing wrong with spending' date=' Real Madrid are only paying what the clubs ask for, simple. [b']Real Madrid are a side that can afford top players[/b], other sides can't, hence they are jealous and start comparing football to poor people and economic crisis.

Are you sure they "are a side that can afford top players"? Sure, for prices of ~35M. But for 93M? They can´t. They just rely on banks. Long live the free money...

Guest Football8

Are you sure they "are a side that can afford top players"? Sure' date=' for prices of ~35M. But for 93M? They can´t. They just rely on banks. Long live the free money...[/quote']

Certain players cost more than 35m, I also said "Real Madrid are only paying what the clubs ask for", so teams value there star players highly. :)

Guest Football8

Im just waiting for them to go into debt :). Obv the banks are gunna go bust which eventually will meen Madrid being like Valencia.

I Can also garuntee they not win the Champions League this season.

They weren't, because with all the sponsoship and merchandise etc they get for their star players, they'll get about the cost of the player back at the end of the season.

Im just waiting for them to go into debt :). Obv the banks are gunna go bust which eventually will meen Madrid being like Valencia.

I Can also garuntee they not win the Champions League this season.

They actually don't use the money from banks, as they whatever they spend on players is from their adidas kick deal (£81m a season), merchandise (kit sales etc) and something else, I can't remember what, but it was Sky Sports News. :)

They weren't' date=' because with all the sponsoship and merchandise etc they get for their star players, they'll get about the cost of the player back at the end of the season.[/quote']

I would be interested to see the end of season accounts. I'd be surprised if the cost of Kaka and Ronaldo was even half covered with merchandising although Real will now have Adidas rip up Ronaldo's Nike contract and move him over inline with the club to milk a little more from them.