Will people start to hate Real Madrid?

BenMotty

Re: Will people start to hate Real Madrid?

I really doubt it. Unlike the clubs who are hated for their excessive spending' date=' namely Chelsea and Manchester City, Real Madrid have been famous for spending big before. People are used to this kind of Real Madrid. Real Madrid have broken four transfer records - in a row! There's no billionaire splashing cash around like an idiot. There's just a club that has always had money and has always been using it. Also, they're not "buying success" to me. They're just buying it back. ;)[/quote']

Exactly. It's not like this is the first team they've done this, and by the looks of things it won't be the last. I don't see why people would hate RM any more now than they did a few years back tbh.

They actually don't use the money from banks' date=' as they whatever they spend on players is from their adidas kick deal (£81m a season), merchandise (kit sales etc) and something else, I can't remember what, but it was Sky Sports News. :)[/quote']

Wherever they get their transfer cash from, even before the transfer window opened, they already had a debt of over $310mil (about £200mil at the time).

Also, although they took £60mil more revenue than Manchester United (club with the 2nd highest revenue) in the last year, their pre-tax profits were actually only half as much as United's (and also lower than Barcelona's and Lyon's) because of their much higher levels of spending.

Then Ronaldo and Kaka's salaries will also cost them about £200mil over the next 6 years.

I wouldn't consider myself an expert on any of this, but I'm not sure Real can afford to be spending as much as they are doing. I know they're planning to cover most of the costs through exploiting image rights and "increasing the value of the Real Madrid brand" (or whatever), but everything I've seen referring to it in the media assumes having Ronaldo AND Kaka means double the revenue... and it rarely works like that in real life (how many fans will buy a Ronaldo shirt AND a Kaka shirt, for example?).

I wouldn't be surprised to see a short period of success (if they improve at the back, as well as in attack) followed by financial difficulties and a clearout... so pretty much the same result as the first 'galacticos' era, but maybe with different causes.

Anyway, Real's spending isn't really a reason to hate them. I personally hate the way they approach the business aspect of things, but any wealth they have is self-made wealth, and any success they have on the pitch is probably deserved. Good luck to the players and manager, but I think Barca will continue to be numero uno in La Liga until Real bring in at least 2-3 very good defenders.

Ah' date=' fair enough. Well, usually players who came out of the EPL to La Liga play much worse there, like Overmars or more recently Hleb. But I honestly think Ronaldo can be crowned FIFA Player Of The Year again if takes his role seriously.[/quote']

I don't think it is right to say that EPL players don't conert well to La Liga. You'll find most players who move from the Prem to La Liga often play better but both your statements and mine aare generalisations which ring true as often as false. As for Overmars, he would have been a big hit at Barca if not for his injury issues and Hleb hasn't really had much of chance.

Personally I'm not that bothered by Real madrid's spending, they are only doing what Chelsea did 4 or 5 years ago, and what Man Utd have done steadly over the last few seasons and thats add quality to there side. Also Madrid same as Barca have a far better balanced bought player to acedemy player than any top 4 team in the EPL (thats including the 15/16/17 year olds the top EPL teams steal from other lower division and forign teams)

• 3 months later...

yes, because they are jelouse :P see Madrid has done nothing wrong. In Fact they have done everything they should have done they needed a class winger as robben played on the left leaving an empty Right wing spot which would be taken by higuain or even sergio Ramos at some times. they needed a class right sided winger and they bought the best in the world. they needed a good AM as Van Der Vaart is not Real Madrid Material and Milan were having financial problems so they came to an agreement and bought kaka, 32 million for Xabi Alonso is a great deal he will help madrid control the midfeild and balance the team benzema is a future world player of the year and a great striker. so they had money and spent it.

and for all those saying madrid will not win the champions league. lets see at the end of the season ;)

Exactly. It's not like this is the first team they've done this' date=' and by the looks of things it won't be the last. I don't see why people would hate RM any more now than they did a few years back tbh.[/quote']

agreed and also as a barca fan i think real have a good chance

Man utd can't even beat burnley

Haha Well Said. In All Honesty i Think it Could Be Barcelona Vs Real Madrid in Champs League Final or Barca or Real Madrid Vs Chelsea ' date=' Liverpool Vs Real Madrid or Barca , Real Madrid Vs [b']Arsenal ( Biased lol )[/b] alot of possibilitys but for certain im sure Man Utd will only reach the Quarter Finals Or Semis Depends Who they get.

Haha Well Said. In All Honesty i Think it Could Be Barcelona Vs Real Madrid in Champs League Final or Barca or Real Madrid Vs Chelsea ' date=' Liverpool Vs Real Madrid or Barca , Real Madrid Vs [b']Arsenal ( Biased lol )[/b] alot of possibilitys but for certain im sure Man Utd will only reach the Quarter Finals Or Semis Depends Who they get.

I actually think Arsenal Can Make the Semis this year i think it will be: Real Madrid,Arsenal,Barcelona,Juve/Chelsea

We cant beat burnley but we beat arsenal. im happy with how that paned out in all honesty.

Oh right. so your writing united off allready? rather pathetic if you ask me. maybe take your arsenal glasses off and make an UNbiased post for once?

Wow. united dont have ronaldo. but i rekon we still look as good if not better than we did last season (reason being were workin more as a team instead of ronaldo doing it all). so for you to say we will only reach the quarter finals is rather funny. i meen. id understand if you had something to back up that opinion. but you dont?

Arsenal in the final or semi final? for them to actually win anything they need a good holding midfielder. if they got one of them theyd be a decent side again. but i cant see them winning anything for a few years if they dont.

We cant beat burnley but we beat arsenal. im happy with how that paned out in all honesty.

Oh right. so your writing united off allready? rather pathetic if you ask me. maybe take your arsenal glasses off and make an UNbiased post for once?

Wow. united dont have ronaldo. but i rekon we still look as good if not better than we did last season (reason being were workin more as a team instead of ronaldo doing it all). so for you to say we will only reach the quarter finals is rather funny. i meen. id understand if you had something to back up that opinion. but you dont?

Arsenal in the final or semi final? for them to actually win anything they need a good holding midfielder. if they got one of them theyd be a decent side again. but i cant see them winning anything for a few years if they dont.

you beat them with a stupid own goal from diaby and a dive from Rooney.

you beat them with a stupid own goal from diaby and a dive from Rooney.

Every pundit said it was a stone wall peno. yes rooney was allready on his way down. but Almunia took him out. regardless.

Oh right. and no other team has ever won by an own goal ? :rolleyes:

Still counts. its not like you dont get 3 points because someone scored an own goal.

You a real madrid fan right? you sped all that money . and barca are still better than you :o

i can understand why your so angry :P

Every pundit said it was a stone wall peno. yes rooney was allready on his way down. but Almunia took him out. regardless.

Oh right. and no other team has ever won by an own goal ? :rolleyes:

Still counts. its not like you dont get 3 points because someone scored an own goal.

You a real madrid fan right? you sped all that money . and barca are still better than you :o

i can understand why your so angry :P

haha i wouldn't be suprised if man city replaced man utd in the big four

do you watch much english football :confused: ?

United are second in the league. and allready look like challangers. City. yeh they look okay. but there far. far. FAR from taking over united in the top four.

yes i do i may not be a fan of english football but i do watch it every now and then and man utd struggled vs burnley and sunderland and man city and that probably the strongest team right now in the EPL is Chelsea and Arsenal are amazing but must be consistent to challenge and maybe man utd will be in top four but they won't be champions/runners up

yes i do i may not be a fan of english football but i do watch it every now and then and man utd struggled vs burnley and sunderland and man city and that probably the strongest team right now in the EPL is Chelsea and Arsenal are amazing but must be consistent to challenge and maybe man utd will be in top four but they won't be champions/runners up

Wow. we lost against Burnley and drew against sunderland...

Lets have a look at the other top teams.

Chelsea : Lost against Wigan. looking good this season.

Liverpool : Lost against Villa, Chelsea and Spurs

Arsenal : Lost against United and City.

City: Lost against united and drew with villa.

So then. united have allready played 2 of the "top 4/5" and beat them. So how can you write us off allready?

EDIT: to say arsenal are the strongest team in the EPL atm is pathetic. that doesnt even warrent me arguin against it..

Wow. we lost against Burnley and drew against sunderland...

Lets have a look at the other top teams.

Chelsea : Lost against Wigan. looking good this season.

Liverpool : Lost against Villa' date=' Chelsea and Spurs

Arsenal : Lost against United and City.

City: Lost against united and drew with villa.

So then. united have allready played 2 of the "top 4/5" and beat them. So how can you write us off allready?

EDIT: to say arsenal are the strongest team in the EPL atm is pathetic. that doesnt even warrent me arguin against it..[/quote']

haha i didn't say arsenal were the strongest i said chelsea were the strongest followed by arsenal who are inconsistent