English Championship 1663 - New Challenge!

• Replies 207
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: English Championship 1663 - New Challenge!

I will be putting rules in place which will helpfully attract new managers to join the setup and create the setup to be more competitive:

1. All forumers in the set-up make an effort to post at least 1 match preview/ report after each game in the Match Report/Transfer Gossip thread.. ( 2 per week)

2. One of us jump on people as they join the forum via the welcome thread.

3. Likewise when people leave set-ups- via the game overview message on the game page

4. Try and get some of the big name Guys on board like Atkin, Seftinho and Insider.

I will be putting rules in place which will helpfully attract new managers to join the setup and create the setup to be more competitive:

1. All forumers in the set-up make an effort to post at least 1 match preview/ report after each game in the Match Report/Transfer Gossip thread.. ( 2 per week)

3. Likewise when people leave set-ups- via the game overview message on the game page

4. Try and get some of the big name Guys on board like Atkin' date=' Seftinho and Insider.[/quote']

Are there any special comps??

4. Try and get some of the big name Guys on board like Atkin' date=' Seftinho and Insider.[/quote']

From past experience, points 2, 3 and 4 dont work. The only time that point 2 has worked for me was when Mariner made a thread asking for a team to join, not forcing her to join the league. It could have an adverse effect.

Point 3, if they left, they wont want to rejoin.

Point 4, I tried and tried to get big names into EC106, but the response is almost always 'I havent got any free slots' Also, big names often abandon teams, no offence. In EC106, a big forum name hasnt logged in for a month, and a blue named forumer hadnt logged in for a while until yesterday.

From past experience' date=' points 2, 3 and 4 dont work. The only time that point 2 has worked for me was when Mariner made a thread asking for a team to join, not forcing her to join the league. It could have an adverse effect.

Point 3, if they left, they wont want to rejoin.

Point 4, I tried and tried to get big names into EC106, but the response is almost always 'I havent got any free slots' Also, big names often abandon teams, no offence. In EC106, a big forum name hasnt logged in for a month, and a blue named forumer hadnt logged in for a while until yesterday.[/quote']

Well point 3 was based on other game worlds really but do you have any suggestions to attract more managers.

after all you some how managed to get Ec106 going.

Well point 3 was based on other game worlds really but do you have any suggestions to attract more managers.

after all you some how managed to get Ec106 going.

Well I made friends with chelsea1992, then started the thread. Other people then found that they were in the league but didnt know there was anyone else, then it escalated into what it was today. The first friendly tournament really raised the profile.

Division 3 Match Report

RICHARDSONS QPR ERA OFF TO GREAT START

Colchester Utd 3-6 Queens Park Rangers

The Richardson Regime began last night with a thrilling match against Colchester Utd in division 3 last night. QPR brought in some big names over the last couple of days since Richardson took over. The attacking talent certainly did not dissapoint.

The game started badly for QPR when on 24 minutes Izale McLeod peeled away from his marker with relative ease and thumped his shot past Cerny in the QPR goal for 1-0. Just two minutes later it went from bad to worse for Richardson, a corner whipped into the back post was cleared only as far as Clive Platt and he rifled his volley into the roof of the net for 2-0. The away side couldnt have wished for a worse start to the match. Richardson cut a grim figure in the dugout, his side were in trouble and it was now time to earn his money in an effort to turn this around. Colchester looked to find a killer third goal and end the match though, Radek Cerny made a brilliant double save from Mcleod first saving the strikers turn and shot then managing to turn away his header past the post. QPR were living dangerously and Richardson knew it. Then just on the stroke of half time Eden Hazard showed brilliant skill and pace to turn inside his marker and fly through a gap in the defence before slipping the ball past the keeper and into the bottom right hand corner to give the away men a lifeline at 2-1.

At half time, Richardson and his backroom staff must have given their players a well earned ear bashing. It looked as though his players were still trying to get the ringing out of their ears due to the dire lack of communication at the back as a terrible backpass from Fitz Hall allowed Dean Hammond to go one on one with Cerny and the Colchester man won the battle chipping the ball over the helpless keeper for 3-1. QPR had a mountain to climb now. Direct from kick off Keirrison went for a wander with the ball, a short ball inside to Hazard and his shot deflected off an unfortunate Clive Platt wrongfooting the keeper and in it went for 3-2. QPR began to sense there was life left in the match and began to play football. A brilliant one two exchange with Keirrison and Hazard and Keirrisons low strike was well saved. Straight from the corner however, Keirrison towered above his markers and bulleted a header into the net for the equaliser. Colchester looked stunned at the comeback and looked to be running out of steam. Andy Driver played a great ball through to Asamoah and he made no mistake from ten yards out smashing the ball past the helpless keeper. The away fans went into raptures, they had seen their side come back from 2-0 and 3-1 down to lead the match 4-3 with around 18 minutes to go. Did QPR sit back and defend the lead? Not a chance. Eden Hazard looking for his hat trick, found space and attempted a ambitious strike from 25 yards that crashed back off the post straight to the awaiting Keirrison and he hammered home for 5-3. Fitz Hall lumped the ball forward with around 8 minutes to go and Asamoah who looked a good yard offside, lobbed the ball majestically over the onrushing keeper to round up the game at 6-3. The home side were furious at the linesmans failure to flag for offside but give credit to Asamoah for the finish. Richardson said his side would play open exciting football this season and in his first match in charge, he was a man of his word.

" Well I certainly wasnt happy at half time. It was very fortunate we were in the game at 2-1. Very slack and sloppy defending and I let the players know what I thought. When their third went in I did throw some choice language their way but credit to them they fought back tremendously well. I'm not sure I can cope with too much of that this season but a great comeback and im pleased with the three points and the attacking play but the defending could do with some work. "

A remarkable match and provided QPR score more than the opposition we dont think the fans will be too concerned and the promotion race has a new heavyweight contender to deal with judging by this show of finishing and spirit.

I will be creating the "Knockout Cup" on Wednesday for this league in the style of the EC106 competive cup where their is drawn teams and the winner progresses into the next round and the loser is eliminated.

These games will be held by friendlies and the draws will be made randomly by me every week after the sets of games.

I will need a list of managers to compete in these cup before the draw on Wednesday.

Any questions please ask me.