Potential 90+ player for the future

dbimage.aspx?type=1&id=4z20b8EtnQqecPapZRKYew%7C%7C

Moussa Dembele

'Report taken from reputable scout site'

Following AZ Alkmaar’s sensational season, slowly it is becoming clear how Louis van Gaal’s side stunned Holland and secured only their second Eredivisie title, by eleven points ahead of nearest rivals FC Twente.

From back to front there were some impressive performers for AZ. Goalkeeper Sergio Romero improved his reputation, full back Sebastien Pocognoli, midfielders Stijn Schaars and Demy de Zeeuw and strikers Ari and Mounir El Hamdaoui were undoubtedly consistently good. But, the AZ player who could be most in demand is their attacking midfielder Moussa Dembele.

The 21-year-old Belgian international was probably the best player in Holland throughout the campaign and was hailed as the Player of the Season by the media in the Netherlands.

For AZ Alkmaar he provided some crucial goals and assists, scoring 10 goals in just 23 games and Dembele would surely have claimed a lot more had he not been laid off with a left knee injury (he underwent an operation on his meniscus) in October.

Dembele has been well known to football fans in Holland for some time. Nine goals for Willem II in the 2005/2006 season alerted bigger clubs to his talent and he has impressed since joining AZ the following season.

aoLg-Uzio8o

In his first season at AZ the youngster of Malian descent justified the chase for his signature and had a good season scoring six goals and playing almost every game. The following season was a struggle for the team and Dembele as AZ ended the season in the 11th but this is all forgotten now following the sensational 2008/2009 campaign.

Scouts in Holland describe Dembele as a "top class player, a highly skilled playmaker who functions best in a free roll, especially as a 'number 10' in the hole between the midfield and striker. Shoots well with both feet and is difficult to stop."

Dembele, plays "in the hole" between the midfield and the forwards and can be hugely effective when drifting in from the left. The 5.8ft schemer is a pure playmaker with style, composure and a vision of the game that makes him a very special player. He is very fast, and just needs to spend more time in the gym to be a little bit stronger.

The fact that he is two-footed gives him options to play all along the front line and his rangy skilful style has seen him score some terrific goals after running at defenders. At the end of February he scored a fine goal, in a 3-0 win over Groningen, running from deep and planting a powerful left foot strike into the top corner that was one of the goals of the season in Holland.

Players such as Dembele are hard to find and the way he combines natural instinct with phenomenal technique have led to comparisons with a young Zinedine Zidane. Dembele has scored some world-class goals but sees the big picture when attacking from deep and can play the decisive forward pass into the path of a team mate. He has also proved himself at international level, claiming five goals in 20 appearances for Belgium.

Under Louis van Gaal, Dembele developed his game but he is extremely self-critical and is ready for the step up in his career. Alkmaar fear that the departure of coach van Gaal to Bayern Munich next season will see Dembele leave the club. "I came to AZ for van Gaal, but it not says that I will leave where he will," denied Dembele.

It is little wonder that there have been a number of top clubs interested in Dembele and although AZ wanted to offer him an improved longer contract he refused to sign. In recent months, Dembele was linked with a move to Arsenal for 5 million euros, scouts in Holland however believe he could be worth closer to 10 million euros.

A host of other teams have been linked with a move for the Alkmaar playmaker, including Juventus, AC Milan, Chelsea, Genoa and Sevilla. The latest rumour this week suggested Dembele would be playing at Fiorentina at the start of 2009/2010.

Dembele is contracted to the Dutch champions until the end of 2011/2012 but it seems almost certain that he will be plying his trade elsewhere, at a bigger European league, next season.

Guest Abdel Zizi

Re: Potential 90+ player for the future

Very nice report, although it's copied and he's not really unknown.

This is gonna sound very biased but IMO Dembele is a 95+ player, likening to Van Nistelrooy in his young days.

I'm not saying he plays like RVD, but he has the same potential and talent.

An injury kept him from a 89/90 rating, but I suspect him to be one of the worlds most dominant players in the future.

His marketvalue is a stunning 16M Euro, but AZ said they will probably let him go for a fee around 12M.

In this game, he's the best under 90 striker there is, before the likes of Bojan, Balotelli, Keirrison, Kalinic, etc.

You'll see I'm right in a few years.

Lulinha is a very good player. 17 years old. Wanted by Barcelona and INternazionale. 82 rated on and rising. This guy is one for the future. You have to watch him for Brazil in the FIFA U17's CHampionships in Nigeria this year. HE will make a difference.

WATCH OUT ON BRAZILIAN LEAGUE FOR LULINHA, CORINTHIANS!!

Very nice report' date=' although it's copied and he's not really unknown.

This is gonna sound very biased but IMO Dembele is a 95+ player, [b']likening to Van Nistelrooy in his young days.[/b]

An injury kept him from a 89/90 rating, but I suspect him to be one of the worlds most dominant players in the future.

His marketvalue is a stunning 16M Euro, but AZ said they will probably let him go for a fee around 12M.

In this game, he's the best under 90 striker there is, before the likes of Bojan, Balotelli, Keirrison, Kalinic, etc.

You'll see I'm right in a few years.

Isn't Dembele a playmaker type of player, playing in the hole behind a striker? Did Van Nistelrooy play in that position?:eek: I always thought he was just a poacher type striker

Isn't Dembele a playmaker type of player' date=' playing in the hole behind a striker? Did Van Nistelrooy play in that position?:eek: I always thought he was just a poacher type striker[/quote']

No he was likening Dembele to Van Nistelrooy in terms potential and probable footballing talent. He wasn't saying that Dembele had the same playing style/position as Van Nistelrooy.

No he was likening Dembele to Van Nistelrooy in terms potential and probable footballing talent. He wasn't saying that Dembele had the same playing style/position as Van Nistelrooy.

Oh ok thanks for that I should know better than to question Abdel Zizi;) Legend on the forums!!! Knows quite a bit about Belgium as well:p

Very nice report' date=' although it's copied and he's not really unknown.

This is gonna sound very biased but IMO Dembele is a 95+ player, likening to Van Nistelrooy in his young days.

You'll see I'm right in a few years.[/quote']

That might be quite biased but it's still quite a statement to make.

However, if he is as good as you say, why hasn't he moved to a top club yet? He's 21, played over 20 games for his country, so it clearly has nothing to do with a lack of experience. Or do you think he will move this summer?

Just curious, Adbel...

Guest Abdel Zizi

That might be quite biased but it's still quite a statement to make.

However' date=' if he is as good as you say, why hasn't he moved to a top club yet? He's 21, played over 20 games for his country, so it clearly has nothing to do with a lack of experience. Or do you think he will move this summer?

Just curious, Adbel...[/quote']

Well, he is certainly making a move this summer, although he could stay in a one year loan-back system by Chelsea.

When he was 19 he was considered the best talent in the Eredivisie by experts.

However, he had to learn how to finish.

Last year, he did so, but AZ had a desastrues season and together with coach Van Gaal and a few other player the vowed to do better next season, together!

They did so this year, beeing unstoppable and win the titel.

Now Van Gaal is gone, and Chelsea, Tottenham, Genoa, Sevilla, Juventus, AC Milan and Bayern (Van Gaal) want him.

At the Olympics, he destroyed Italy in the quarter finals with 2 goals and he was twice as good as Giuseppe Rossi.

Although I am Belgian I have to say: If he was Spanish, Brazilian, Italian of whatever he would be a 93 rated striker like Benzema already.

Well' date=' he is certainly making a move this summer, although he could stay in a one year loan-back system by Chelsea.

When he was 19 he was considered the best talent in the Eredivisie by experts.

However, he had to learn how to finish.

Last year, he did so, but AZ had a desastrues season and together with coach Van Gaal and a few other player the vowed to do better next season, together!

They did so this year, beeing unstoppable and win the titel.

Now Van Gaal is gone, and Chelsea, Tottenham, Genoa, Sevilla, Juventus, AC Milan and Bayern (Van Gaal) want him.

At the Olympics, he destroyed Italy in the quarter finals with 2 goals and he was twice as good as Giuseppe Rossi.

Although I am Belgian I have to say: If he was Spanish, Brazilian, Italian of whatever he would be a 93 rated striker like Benzema already.[/quote']

Okay, it'll be interesting to see where he goes this summer.

Guest Abdel Zizi

Okay' date=' it'll be interesting to see where he goes this summer.[/quote']

Today in De Morgen (Belgian quality paper):

"AZ decline bid of 12M Euro for Moussa Dembele"

Italian outfit Genoa made a 12M Euro bid for Moussa Dembele.

AZ director Scheeringa has refused to sell his most prized asset for this little sum as he is holding out on a figure around 20M Euro.

In the meanwhile it has comeclear Tottenham have made a formal bid too.

However, the bid is undisclosed and rejected.

Chelsea repeated they want to him with a 1 year loan-back deal, but AZ and Dembele are waiting on other offers to come so they can choose the best one.

Today in De Morgen (Belgian quality paper):

"AZ decline bid of 12M Euro for Moussa Dembele"

Italian outfit Genoa made a 12M Euro bid for Moussa Dembele.

AZ director Scheeringa has refused to sell his most prized asset for this little sum as he is holding out on a figure around 20M Euro.

In the meanwhile it has comeclear Tottenham have made a formal bid too.

However' date=' the bid is undisclosed and rejected.

Chelsea repeated they want to him with a 1 year loan-back deal, but AZ and Dembele are waiting on other offers to come so they can choose the best one.[/quote']

There's a big difference between 12m Euro (£10.2m) and 20m Euro (£17m). I'm not sure if Genoa could afford to pay that, but I'm sure Spurs and Chelsea could.

Guest Abdel Zizi

There's a big difference between 12m Euro (£10.2m) and 20m Euro (£17m). I'm not sure if Genoa could afford to pay that' date=' but I'm sure Spurs and Chelsea could.[/quote']

Yeah, I was thinking the same.

I'm sure it's true though, as AZ said Genoa bid ridiculously low, so it has to be atleast 20M they want if they think 12M is rificulous