Potential Setup

Monorn

Hello everyone some of you may know me and others may not but recently I have joined the Special Setup created by Sir Niks. This setup has been amazing and the rules in place allow it to be a very competitive setup. I will be creating a setup soon this is just a place to gather thoughts and talk and throw ideas back and forth. More concrete rules will be places later. This will be my first setup creation so also some tips from people who have done this before is appreciated.

Do not request teams because atm I will be deciding between either randomizing or letting people choose. Please post here if you are interested even a little bit.

-Thanks!

Re: Potential Setup

I know this idea gets banded around alot, but the International set-up sounds good. A random draw is made for teams, then a second draw is made for what nation that team should be for example if you get Man Utd and Brazil, you then have 3 or 4 turns to change Man Utd into the Brazil national team or at least have to just Brazillian players......Likewise with the other teams

Just an idea :D

Hi Monorm,

I'm Valencia in the «special setup» of Sir Niks and I find the experience captivating. This is the best setup I've been associated with so far. Putting limits to what you can do allows for more creativity and more competition... and probably more durability.

I'm vividly interested in participating in a setup along the lines of this «special setup». Limiting the number of players by country you can have is a very good idea (I wouldn't mind being 2 by country though). Nevertheless, I would suggest to give managers more time to get their team ready according to the rules. It would make the pleasure of negociating and finding the right partner last longer! Like maybe half a season ?

Another possibility that would increase competitivity between big and small clubs would be to put a salary cap. Total wages for each team could not surpass a certain amount of money to prevent big teams from having preferential access to big players, even at short and mid terms.

Thank you all for your interest as I have been soaking it all up. I really liked how the clubs were randomized using a generator and how you can only have 1 youth and senior from one nation which involves more strategy then just buying anyone possible. Some rules I have already thought of are simple like posting signings matches on the threads as you all have been used to. Also, being active by making the limit 7 days. Just general ideas and more to xome soon

i have already done a league where the strongest teams have started in the bottom division. its still in the opening season so i will wait a bit longer before i give opinion on it. just few things i will say is tho

1. make sure the big clubs are in your set up. intrest in set ups without them is low. everybody wants to manage big clubs.

2. try not to have more than 40 teams in your gameworld. u will always fill to start with no matter how many teams are in it, but people drop out very quickly. more than 40 just means a lot of teams will end up unmanaged.

3. keep your league invite only. if somebody leaves a big club then offer it to people in the gameworld 1st. people at the smaller clubs will be more encouraged to stay if they have the think they will get a chance to move to a bigger club.

4. any twist that u have mentioned is a good idea. im always looking at them and anything to make a gameworld more intresting is good.

5. invite me!!! i have spare game slots lol

Lol i live in the US and it sucks when i want to make quick transfers due to the time difference and me making bids at 2 am your time ahha

haha stupid time difference... the world should all be on 1 time schedule lol be a hell of a lot easier ;)

but not at all possible :D