Official Manchester City Thread

JuniorBlue

Re: Official Manchester City Thread

This actually made me laugh' date=' your location is stockport yet you support Liverpool, seriously don't you think that is hypocritical when there is a perfectly good team to support in Stockport? Also if you read what he said clearly he said he couldn't go the game because he works when the matches are on.[/quote']

Stockport is only about a 45 minute drive to Liverpool, unlike Torquay to Manchester which is about a 8 hour drive.

Some guys here need an appearance on Jeremy Kyle to sort this thing out...

"And the DNA... Results... Say... *Opens up envelope* He has no family from Manchester!" *Premeditated Gasp*

I'm from Northern Ireland and I support Arsenal, but my 'local' choice is Linfield; I honestly don't see anything wrong with anybody supporting any football team, so it's a bit pathetic to slate someone for their geographical location...

and with Borussia Dortmund as your avatar' date=' you really are a glory hunting so and so, Torquay are the football leagues whipping boys, no wonder you don't support them, but United flukily beat Stoke today, and a chavvy fan who ran onto the pitch but fell over, shows what an intellectually incapable lot United fans are!![/quote']

Been an die hard Dortmund fan all me life pal. LOL.

Its fun being a Torquay fan, although its mostly bad news, its fun. We were Englands most in-form team about 4 games in :)

Who's Man City biggest threat.

Based on the table' date=' West Brom are a real threat! :P

Realistically, it isn't unfair to say that United, City, Arsenal and Spurs are all in the same bracket this season, with Chelsea a touch ahead of them.

[b']EDIT[/b]: LOL at Chewett, I say bravo sir! XD

Guest JackWWFC

Based on the table' date=' West Brom are a real threat! :P

Realistically, it isn't unfair to say that United, City, Arsenal and Spurs are all in the same bracket this season, with Chelsea a touch ahead of them.

[b']EDIT[/b]: LOL at Chewett, I say bravo sir! XD

No, I mean the player mate. Like Balotelli or whatever.

Cause Man Citeh play Wolves at Molineux on Saturday.

Chewett, grow up.

So because i live a 1 hour 23 minute train journey and then a 1 mile walk to the stadium away from st marys does this make me an un loyal untrue fan ?

Location ... who cares you guys in a few years when your around the top of the league and in the champo league are going to have this problem aswell, the amount of City fans sudenly poping up not on here really but in general is just phenomanal tbh.

Them fans buy the shirts to fund the club to make them better

Theres only 50k seats or whatever , you cant fit your entire fan base into a stadium

Cant be bothered to write long as this conversation is pointless just city fans having a dig at something they cant yet match up to. Wait until your big boys like United and Chelsea and then have this conversation with them ... you wont be able to as half your fan base will be like them.

No' date=' I mean the player mate. Like Balotelli or whatever.

Cause Man Citeh play Wolves at Molineux on Saturday.

Chewett, grow up.[/quote']

LOL, sorry! :D

Without a doubt Tevez, although he limped off today, I'm certain that he would've scored had he stayed on the pitch. If you look at the PL scoring charts he's up there, and he works like a bulldog all over the attacking half of the pitch. A threat on his own, a goal waiting to happen if there's good support around him.

Balotelli - Rusty when he came on today, IMO needs more time to adapt to the PL to be much of a goal threat.

Adebayor - Deadly, especially form corners, and as his hattrick in midweek showed he's clinical too.

Jo, Santa Cruz - Who? :P

Guest SM Dev (Ste)

Can i suggest that people refrain from posting messages that are deliberately there to insult and force a negative reaction from the City fans ?

Yes' date=' by all means discuss the loss, but dont come on gloating.

And on that note, perhaps some United fans in this instance should stay away from taking a swipe if they cant handle what is thrown back at them.

Keep on topic.

this is a warning so infractions will be dished out.

Swearing is not acceptable.[/quote']

Hi guys,

I'm just going to reiterate what Adam has already said, please refrain from flaming, trolling and abusive posts. If any of you are unsure of the Forum Rules please re-read them.

Thanks

What's happened to banter' date=' eh? :(

Cherrio lads.[/quote']

Today I think we had banter if you will. In the past discussion has started similarly and escalated tenfold into full on slanging matches and digs with no substance whatsoever. I'd assume this would be an absolute nightmare for the mods so it's probably fair that they step in early.

A few words for fans of opposite clubs after we get beat. Come on here, have your banter, take the mickey as much as you want to, but don't be getting all stressed at us when we do it. All of you are wind up merchants, and tbh i'm fairly confident about city this season, we'll get the last laugh.

So for now, zip it.

I think the point re glory supporters is thus...

1. Fans from the town or city where the club is based generally can't stand 'football tourists' or people from other areas who are following their team just because they were the successful or play attractive football

2. 'Glory Supporters' who are 'fanatics' of teams, from other countries/areas, that are successful believe that by simply 'choosing' a team to support that they are 'fanatics' - and therefore can't see the problem.

City are already starting to attract this type of fan - and to be honest I ignore them when they try to have a conversation regarding City (as I did yesterday with the Cockney "City Fan" who was sitting beside me)

Football teams used to be about communites rivalries - now you can just pick and choose

If 'glory supporters' weren't choosing the team based on success or likeliehood for succes why do they NEVER pick a team like Rochdale.

I'm a Scotsman who now supports Brazil - simply because I can :D

I think the point re glory supporters is thus...

1. Fans from the town or city where the club is based generally can't stand 'football tourists' or people from other areas who are following their team just because they were the successful or play attractive football

2. 'Glory Supporters' who are 'fanatics' of teams' date=' from other countries/areas, that are successful believe that by simply 'choosing' a team to support that they are 'fanatics' - and therefore can't see the problem.

City are already starting to attract this type of fan - and to be honest I ignore them when they try to have a conversation regarding City (as I did yesterday with the [b']Cockney "City Fan"[/b] who was sitting beside me)

Football teams used to be about communites rivalries - now you can just pick and choose

If 'glory supporters' weren't choosing the team based on success or likeliehood for succes why do they NEVER pick a team like Rochdale.

I'm a Scotsman who now supports Brazil - simply because I can :D

Might have lived in Manchester as a child and then moved to London.

Might have lived in Manchester as a child and then moved to London.

Nope - I asked him that - he was "born and grew up" in Finsbury Park and had no links to City or Manchester

He decided to support City because he didn't like any of the London teams or United....and he "always liked" Robinho

He's been a fan since just after Robinho signed....

That was the end of the conversation :D

Nope - I asked him that - he was "born and grew up" in Finsbury Park and had no links to City or Manchester

He decided to support City because he didn't like any of the London teams or United....and he "always liked" Robinho

Surprised he supports City instead of Milan xD.

I don't consider myself a glory supporter. My first shirt as a baby was little Manchester united one with Cantona on the back. My dad was born and bred in Manchester (quite funny he supported United as his first game was Man City vs Someone). He brought me into United as soon as I was old enough to understand. Being born in Aldershot I was labelled as a glory supporter. Then I moved to Wales (even worse) and then a 1 and a half year stay in Manchester. I went to 13 United games in that time as tickets were so hard to get. Then I recently moved to North London :rolleyes::rolleyes:.

Am I a glory supporter?

So for any "out of towners" quizzed by some crazy manc at a game could just say "Yea my family is from Manchester" or make up some crazy link to the club which would pass your wacky form :P;) then they would be ok and allowed to join your little circle of trust? ;)

So in that theory, just lie just like 90% of people do on the net anyways :rolleyes:

My theory (and I do have a proper link to my club) is still let people support whoever the hell they want as just like free speach its there choice and has NOTHING to do with me.

Treating someone differently (or badly) just because they support the same team as me but dont have some link to the club is just silly.

You cant be from both Scotland and Manchester, so regardless what other link you have you wasnt both in both places which is the "main" link people have to there clubs anyways so at one of those teams you are an "out of towner" yourself :)

isnt your join date around the same time (bit after) Man City actually came into all that money... :eek: strange one that :D;)

I don't consider myself a glory supporter. My first shirt as a baby was little Manchester united one with Cantona on the back. My dad was born and bred in Manchester (quite funny he supported United as his first game was Man City vs Someone). He brought me into United as soon as I was old enough to understand. Being born in Aldershot I was labelled as a glory supporter. Then I moved to Wales (even worse) and then a 1 and a half year stay in Manchester. I went to 13 United games in that time as tickets were so hard to get. Then I recently moved to North London :rolleyes::rolleyes:.

Am I a glory supporter?

Naah' date=' your dad appears to have forced United upon you. Cruel man :P I guess you also take an interest in local sides?

So for any "out of towners" quizzed by some crazy manc at a game could just say "Yea my family is from Manchester" or make up some crazy link to the club which would pass your wacky form :P;) then they would be ok and allowed to join your little circle of trust? ;)

So in that theory, just lie just like 90% of people do on the net anyways :rolleyes:

My theory (and I do have a proper link to my club) is still let people support whoever the hell they want as just like free speach its there choice and has NOTHING to do with me.

Treating someone differently (or badly) just because they support the same team as me but dont have some link to the club is just silly.

You cant be from both Scotland and Manchester, so regardless what other link you have you wasnt both in both places which is the "main" link people have to there clubs anyways so at one of those teams you are an "out of towner" yourself :)

I'm with Nells on this. I've posted very similar stuff in the past. Of course it's best to have a link to a club but if you don't and you're loyal to the club then that makes no difference to me. I could support 'more' local sides than City and have more links to the Sheffield sides but hey, I think I'm a good fan :o

Am I a glory supporter?

Hmmmm....a tricky set of circumstances...but i'll give you the benefit of the doubt :D

So in that theory' date=' just lie just like 90% of people do on the net anyways :rolleyes:

isnt your join date around the same time (bit after) Man City actually came into all that money... :eek: strange one that :D;)[/quote']

I was born 3 miles from Ibrox - and played for Man City as a youth

Football is about communities - or used to be - thats why there are such great rivalries

If you can support any team you wish then the true meaning of that rivalry is diluted

Not sure how the date I joined a Soccer Manager forum relates to how long I have followed City....

What people are misunderstanding in this discussion is that I don't mind people 'following' any team - just don't claim to have a link to the history of the club you chose

But let's end the discussion here (again) as 'glory supporters' can NEVER see the point (not aimed at anyone in particular)

Naah' date=' your dad appears to have forced United upon you. Cruel man :P I guess you also take an interest in local sides?[/b']

I'm with Nells on this. I've posted very similar stuff in the past. Of course it's best to have a link to a club but if you don't and you're loyal to the club then that makes no difference to me. I could support 'more' local sides than City and have more links to the Sheffield sides but hey, I think I'm a good fan :o

Yeah i follow Aldershot but I'll always be a United fan :o

But let's end the discussion here (again) as 'glory supporters' can NEVER see the point (not aimed at anyone in particular)

I understand the point of a glory supporter I just dont agree with your points on it, hense our countles debates :) , and I do have a very valid link to my team, even though I wasnt 'born' ;) in Liverpool

And you know full well what my comment about the forum join date was :D, just like you always moan about on the other manc thread dont start taking things to seriously :P

3 miles from Ibrox? :eek: surely there is a more local team (have no idea if there is like :D )