Official Manchester City Thread

JuniorBlue

Re: Official Manchester City Thread

Went to watch Hyde again today' date=' did you go Ian?

Score finished: Hyde 1-2 Vauxhall Motors

[/quote']

I was indeed amongst the 300 or so souls that attended.

Hyde played well for about the first 17minutes.

Their number 9 was funny/infuriating - every time the ref wasnt watching he did something mental.

How old was that ref? I've got socks older than him I think.

If you go on the Hyde forums at all - most of the proper Hyde fans want Tolson gone.

I was near the dugouts in second half when Tolson told Matty Burke "Cmon! all we need is a goal".

Tactical genius that :D

Just getting ready to set off to Eastlands.

Let's hope they let me into the ground today - unlike Thursday where they 'forgot' to put my seats on my season card - as a result I paid for the match and didn't get into the stadium until just after Dzeko scored his second.

I was so mad and livid that I have written an email :D

Team: Hart, Boateng, Toure, Lescott, Kolarov, Toure Yaya, Barry, Zabaleta, Tevez, Balotelli, Dzeko. Subs: Taylor, Milner, Wright-Phillips, Vieira, Jo, Wabara, Guidetti.

Looks like a 4231 kinda thing with Kolarov expected to play on the left wing and Zaba at left-back. No idea about Silva's absence :confused::o We should really be looking for a win today and hopefully a comfortable one so Guidetti can get a run out :)

Team: Hart' date=' Boateng, Toure, Lescott, Kolarov, Toure Yaya, Barry, Zabaleta, Tevez, Balotelli, Dzeko. Subs: Taylor, Milner, Wright-Phillips, Vieira, Jo, Wabara, Guidetti.

Looks like a 4231 kinda thing with Kolarov expected to play on the left wing and Zaba at left-back. No idea about Silva's absence :confused::o We should really be looking for a win today and hopefully a comfortable one so Guidetti can get a run out :)[/quote']

That was awful - purely awful.

The atmosphere was rubbish thanks to Fulhams...100 fans? Premier League team? Worse support than Wigan.

That doesn't excuse Citys terrible performance.

How the heck Balotelli got MOTM I will never know - good strike yes...but nothing else.

The ONLY player that looked interested today (for me) was Zaba - but effort isn't a substitute for awful passing.

I also don't understand the substitutions.

Did anyone see Hughes refuse to shake Mancinis hand?

I personally didn't but loads were going on about it.

EDIT Just read that they had 'words' because hughes felt Mancinis hand wasn;'t offered sincerely.

Grow up!

The atmosphere was rubbish thanks to Fulhams...100 fans? Premier League team? Worse support than Wigan.

How the heck Balotelli got MOTM I will never know - good strike yes...but nothing else.

The ONLY player that looked interested today (for me) was Zaba - but effort isn't a substitute for awful passing.

EDIT Just read that they had 'words' because hughes felt Mancinis hand wasn;'t offered sincerely.

Grow up!

It was Mancini's fault from what I've seen of it,Hughes offered his hand out and Mancini just looked the other way and sort of slapped his hand in a pathetic attempt to look like he tried to make an effort.

Grow up!

Grow up. :rolleyes: If you didn't see it then how can you tell who was at fault?

Mancini was a little baby and looked away and looked like he was going to cry. Hughes felt disrespected, which he should have felt.

Grow up. :rolleyes: If you didn't see it then how can you tell who was at fault?

Mancini was a little baby and looked away and looked like he was going to cry. Hughes felt disrespected' date=' which he should have felt.[/quote']

I meant the 'grow up' to both of them - not just Hughes:D

Comprehensive controlling victory over Aston Villa B team....

If I was a Villa fan that had travelled I would be demanding my money back once I saw that team sheet.

Yes there were a couple of 'internationals' on it - but it didn't really say "C'mon lads, we fancy winning the FA Cup", especially with a home tie in the next round.

I would love Football Focus to have an interview with Mr Clattenberg though - and ask how Balotellis arm was a yellow, yet Mr Rooneys only warranted a free kick.

That said, Mr Clattenberg seemed to give us the benefit of a few 50-50 decision, which is definitely the first time I have seen that happen when he has refereed at Eastlands.

Interesting article on the OS talking about the re-development of the area around the ground, although no specific plans have been released yet.

Although has anyone noticed the depth of the digging around the ground???

Guest JackWWFC

Comprehensive controlling victory over Aston Villa B team....

If I was a Villa fan that had travelled I would be demanding my money back once I saw that team sheet.

Yes there were a couple of 'internationals' on it - but it didn't really say "C'mon lads' date=' we fancy winning the FA Cup", especially with a home tie in the next round.

I would love Football Focus to have an interview with Mr Clattenberg though - and ask how Balotellis arm was a yellow, yet Mr Rooneys only warranted a free kick.

That said, Mr Clattenberg seemed to give us the benefit of a few 50-50 decision, which is definitely the first time I have seen that happen when he has refereed at Eastlands.

[b']Interesting[/b] article on the OS talking about the re-development of the area around the ground, although no specific plans have been released yet.

Although has anyone noticed the depth of the digging around the ground???

Tell me where it says on a ticket "We will play our best team"

Find it, then ask for the money back.

Teams are under no obligation to play there strongest side..IN THE FA CUP

Find it' date=' then ask for the money back.

Teams are under no obligation to play there strongest side..IN THE FA CUP[/quote']

If you travel up and spend 30 quid on a ticket you would expect that he would put up an once of fight and no to just roll over and more or less hand City the win.

The highlight for me was the villa fans.

:eek::eek:

Toure suspended by club for testing positive for banned substance.

Just saw this - was worried for a second when i saw TOURE because I just bought yaya for one of my sm teams but luckily its his bro. Naughty boy!

EDIT* Of course it could be an accident or something :/

:eek::eek:

Toure suspended by club for testing positive for banned substance.

Don't always mean that he's taken an illegal substance (eg cannabis etc.) Ephedrine which is on the banned substances list as it can raise blood pressure which could give players an edge is in cough and cold remedies.

He's been suspended i would have thought it would be for a banned substance :rolleyes:.

What I'm saying is that he won't necessarily have taken a drug which is illegal to the general public, more likely he took something which for the general public would be fine, but for performance athletes could be seen to be giving themselves an edge. Paddy Kenny was suspended after failing a drugs test after the play-off semi-final with PNE having used a Vicks Decongestant Inhaler.

What I'm saying is that he won't necessarily have taken a drug which is illegal to the general public' date=' more likely he took something which for the general public would be fine, but for performance athletes could be seen to be giving themselves an edge. Paddy Kenny was suspended after failing a drugs test after the play-off semi-final with PNE having used a Vicks Decongestant Inhaler.[/quote']

Yeah but he did get banned for 9 months...

Yeah but he did get banned for 9 months...

How long was Mutu banned for initially? Because he took an illegal drug in every sense of the word. 9 months seems a bit over-excessive for a drug which it hasn't been proven to provide a competitive age. I've been studying banned substances in sport today and our lecturer told us that rather than test if an athlete does indeed perform better with ephedrine, they assume that because the drug restricts blood flow, increasing blood pressure, it must give them an edge.

I suppose that's why you hear of footballers missing weeks with a cold, as they can't take cold remedies.

It's supposedly a dietary supplement but still, he should know better and I'm expecting the worst with regards to his punishment. It does seem completely out of character though so could easily have been a mistake. Good thing Boyata's back eh?

Pleased with the performance against Villa though I felt that, similarly to the Notts game, we should have continued twisting the knife rather than sitting on a comfortable lead for the majority of the game. Balotelli's goal was superb and David Silva is quickly becoming one of my favourite players to watch; absolutely stunning and deserves to be rated up there with Nasri and VDV this season.

Find it' date=' then ask for the money back.

Teams are under no obligation to play there strongest side..IN THE FA CUP[/quote']

Would you be happy to pay £30 and travel 100 miles on a Weds night to watch your B team get knocked out of the cup?

I know I wouldn't.

Toure - it really depends what he has been found to have in his system, and whether his B sample is the same

'Specified Substance' could mean literally anything - I'm sure a player in Scotland recently got banned for 4 weeks by 'UK Doping' for 'accidently' having a 'specified substance' in his blood.

Let's just hope this isn't the start of something like the Holland national team had a few years ago.

Man City: Hart, Richards, Kompany, Lescott, Zabaleta, Vieira, Barry, Silva, Toure Yaya, Balotelli, Tevez.

Subs: Taylor, Dzeko, Kolarov, Boateng, Jo, De Jong, Boyata.

Good to see De Jong back among the subs and Balotelli rewarded for his good record recently. Hope we absolutely batter Wigan... I don't like them very much :)

I wish Boateng would start over Lescott.

Anyone at the match? I am atm and if I'm being honest I haven't been very impressed. Wigan have been the better side attacking wise (some may not agree) but they do like they're treating this like a crucial game. I hope Dzeko comes on to prove he was worth 27m, atm I think he is worth it I just want him 2 score :)

Anyone at the match? I am atm and if I'm being honest I haven't been very impressed. Wigan have been the better side attacking wise (some may not agree) but they do like they're treating this like a crucial game. I hope Dzeko comes on to prove he was worth 27m' date=' atm I think he is worth it I just want him 2 score :)[/quote']

Pretty even on chances methinks but City have looked more likely to score.

And indeed it's 1-0... Silva after a shocker from Al Habsi :D