Official Manchester City Thread

Re: Official Manchester City Thread

Someone told me that ETIHAD means United in whatever Arabic Language ' date=' I just want to know how you feel about that
:)[/center']

Etihad means MANY words - Unity, Union, Friendship, and in some instances "united"

There are 18 English league teams with United in their actual name - so even if it did translate exactly as 'united' it could mean ANY united.

I suppose a funnier side is a team from Trafford calling themselves Manchester

• Replies 13.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Re: Official Manchester City Thread so who will finish higher this season - toure or city?

Re: Official Manchester City Thread Some guys here need an appearance on Jeremy Kyle to sort this thing out... "And the DNA... Results... Say... *Opens up envelope* He has no family from Manchester!

Re: Official Manchester City Thread FT: Man Utd 1-6 Man City. Bad mistake from Fergie resting Howard Webb.

Article taken from The Sun:

Gael blown away

The French full-back spent eight seasons at Arsenal but moved to Eastlands earlier this month in a £7million deal.

And James Milner reckons the amount of tackles flying in during City's pre-season tour of North America has been a real eye-opener for Clichy' date=' 25.

The FA Cup winners are renowned for their lively training sessions at their Carrington HQ.

England man Milner, speaking in San Francisco, said: "Gael hasn't been here too long but he's seen a few tackles fly in.

"He's surprised at that because at Arsenal they don't tackle too much in training. We train as we play but as soon as we come off the field everyone is together.

"It's good to go on tour for the fitness but with the new boys it's good to spend time with them. They'll get to know us a lot quicker spending 2½ weeks on the road rather than a few hours in training."[/quote']

I'd be much much more worried about Arsenal's training that doesn't include much tackling :)

On a Man C related note' date=' who's the most likely Tevez replacement when he leaves?[/quote']

Tevez is directly irreplaceable. There is just one other top class player that does what Carlos does in terms of goal-scoring and sheer workload and that's Rooney which won't happen in a million years. I'd assume we'll change the system somehow and bring in someone who can provide more service to Mario and/or Dzeko, be that a play-maker or a winger. We've been linked with Nasri and Sanchez recently and will no doubt be linked with many more over the next month or so. I'd personally like the Chilean.

I like the new home kit but prefer the away. Community Shield ticket info is up on the OS; 27.5k allocation which seems a little stingy again :o Not bad prices for Wembley though. Very happy with this. Absolute class in his day and signing him on his last legs has been proved a shrewd move if we've got him working behind the scenes now.

EDIT: Odd that nobody's mentioned the confirmation of Boateng's departure. Shame he couldn't settle really but our defence was more than good enough last season without him for the most part. Ben Mee's also been loaned out to Burnley.

New Tevez bid - reported to be £40mill

With the Brazilian trasnfer window about to close I can see us accepting this bid - possibly keeping Tevez for the start of the season as part of the deal...

Makes sense to me - because any 'new' striker would need time to adjust

Well pre-season has arrived

Off to Alty in the pouring rain rto watch the might Alty take on the likes of Bellamy, Nedum, Johno (Michael) and the City IX

Well seeing as though if it translates to Unity then i'm not bothered. Anyway how does it feel to be our feeder club?

Actually, chiteh are more of a 'saviour' club for wenger, the man knows when to get rid of his stars, did it with viera, henry, and to chiteh, ade, toure and now clichy. Arsenal would be a feeder club if they actually went on to regret selling the players, wengers not stupid, what on earth makes you think he'll sell one of his best players to his rivals?

Actually' date=' chiteh are more of a 'saviour' club for wenger, the man knows when to get rid of his stars, did it with viera, [b']henry[/b], and to chiteh, ade, toure and now clichy. Arsenal would be a feeder club if they actually went on to regret selling the players, wengers not stupid, what on earth makes you think he'll sell one of his best players to his rivals?

At the time, i thought so too but now...

At the time' date=' i thought so too but now...[/quote']

Actually i reckon if you've actually missed anyone, then it's viera, yes his legs were slowly evaporating, but just his presence, his character, would've made a huge difference to the bottlers at the club.

Actually i reckon if you've actually missed anyone' date=' then it's viera, yes his legs were slowly evaporating, but just his presence, his character, would've made a huge difference to the bottlers at the club.[/quote']

VieIra.

Quite possibly. All i know is, i'd rather have Henry then Chamakh (even if he is past his best)

VieIra.

Quite possibly. All i know is' date=' i'd rather have Henry then Chamakh (even if he is past his best)[/quote']

Exactly :D Guys a Legend.

Yes but Arsenal got around 15mil for him, he'd just started to get a few niggling injuries aswell, plus Van Persie stepped up the plate then aswell, and Titi won 6 trophies with Barca :eek: great move for both parties, Viera was the biggest loss though for arsenal.

Gone in to a coaching role now with chity!

Exactly :D Guys a Legend.

Yes but Arsenal got around 15mil for him' date=' he'd just started to get a few niggling injuries aswell, plus Van Persie stepped up the plate then aswell, and Titi won 6 trophies with Barca :eek: great move for both parties,[b'] Viera [/b]was the biggest loss though for arsenal.

VieIra .

I don't understand why some people are so obsessed with grammar. If it makes sense then fine. I mean mispelling a players name is hardly going to make a post unreadable or even harder to read. Its just pedantic.:confused:

Spelling Vieira "Viera" is a common mistake and he did it on three or four occasions so i felt the urge to correct him. (Only because it's an Arsenal legend being talked about and not some run of the mill numpty, in which case i would have let it slide)

Spelling Vieira "Viera" is a common mistake and he did it on three or four occasions so i felt the urge to correct him. (Only because it's an Arsenal legend being talked about and not some run of the mill numpty' date=' in which case i would have let it slide)[/quote']

Even for Ronaldo you do it and even if it is a ONE OFF mistake:confused: on other threads. And I know that free kick from 40 yards against Arsenal was great but that doesn't make him an Arsenal legend though

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/14174748.stm

One thing that is true is that (from what I hear anyway) Wenger despite all the deserved criticism coming his way doesn't speak to unsettle players in transfers. But City haven't done it to excess though-its not like the Cesc Barca thing that has literally gone on for years yet people still release public comments about it. All City have done is say they want to sign a player really so IMO it isn't that disrespectful but more keeping fans informed.

Even for Ronaldo you do it and even if it is a ONE OFF mistake:confused: on other threads. And I know that free kick from 40 yards against Arsenal was great but that doesn't make him an Arsenal legend though

I'll have u know that if we had a good gk he wouldn't have scored that, Almunia is just awful, I'm pretty sure I could av fly kicked it away..

I'll have u know that if we had a good gk he wouldn't have scored that' date=' Almunia is just awful, I'm pretty sure I could av fly kicked it away..[/quote']

I'l have you know that the fact it was due to having a clown (literally) in goal didn't make that evening any easier for Arsenal;) Besides, just look at the Champions League game before that (40 yarder against Porto:eek:)

Club America 0-2 Man City :)

Great start to the season' date=' Mcgivern and Wright-Phillips with the goal. Good first half and a boring second half.

Anyone else watch the game?[/quote']

No, but I got on a 4/7 City-to-Nil win!

Congrats anyway, it definitely wasn't an easy game, and I daresay that you'd have beaten Huangzhou if you'd been in another team's position! :D:o

I don't expect to see Ryan McGivern much aside from in the Green and White of our NT, but it was nice to see him get a goal.

I only corrected you because i don't like you and i was trying to bug you.

anyone knows any site where can watch football live' date='but no stream?something like FOOTBALL MANAGER,so text commentary and cirlces what move on the pitch like in FOOTBALL MANAGER?

thanks.[/quote']

myp2p.eu ;)

EDIT: Download sopcast if you want to get the bets out of it. :)

myp2p.eu ;)

EDIT: Download sopcast if you want to get the bets out of it. :)

do you know what i need?

i cant watch live video streams,so if somewhere have something little similar.i heard for this way of watching like on game FOOTBALL MANAGER where just circles move on the pitch.i dont know is that true but if somebody know something about that please tell me.

thx.

I only corrected you because i don't like you and i was trying to bug you.

Well done-that really worked:rolleyes::D TRYING is a good use of words. :DThink of something better next time-I have seen how funny and HUMILIATING it is when you get wound up (a certain thread about exams springs to mind);).

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/14176370.stm

Clichy seems optimistic that a change in club can bring him some sucess. If he can get ahead of Kolarov anyway-neither of the pair will want to be benched. Who will start out of the pair anyway-obviously Clichy has just moved but what do people see him as?