Re: Official Manchester City Thread

Very optimistic! I would predict

Blackburn 1-2 City

City 2-1 Wolves

Portsmouth 1-1 City

City 1-3 Arsenal

United 2-0 City

West Ham 1-1 City

Roque Santa Cruz for 18 Million that is insane. Your the only club in the world who would play that amount of money for Roque Cruz. It really is starting to become a joke. So many more players out there that would be way more cheaper and of the same or even higher quality! Someone like Llorenete (Bilbao)' date=' Borriello (Milan), Radamel Falcao (River), Grafite (Wolfsburg), Vagner Love or even Lisandro lopez for a further 4 Million. Sorry but Mark Hughes isn't taking advantage of the fact he has millions at his disposal. Hes trying to improve city by buying decent players for enormous amounts of money where he could buy brilliant players for the same or just a little more. Man City won't finish better then 7th this season.[/quote']

i am going for:

blackburn 1-3 city

city 3-0 wolves

pompey 0-1 city

city 0-2 arsenal

united 1-1 city

west ham 2-2 city

B'B 0 - 4 City

City 2- 0 Wolves

Pompey 2 - 2 City

City 1 - 2 Arsenl

United 1 - 1 city

W'H 1 - 2 City

Very happy to hear we might be signing sessengon, and that we signed Santa Cruz

Tricky start to the season with the first six games. We don't beat Blackburn very often' date=' and we haven't won at Ewood Park since 2003, so that could be a tough game. I think we will beat Wolves at home, but I don't think it will be an easy game. They have just been promoted, they will have new players and they might be confident of springing some early season upsets. Portsmouth away is also a tricky one, they have some decent players, they will be getting quite a bit of money and they will have some new players probably and probably a new manager. I think we have a chance of beating Arsenal at home but I think they will play better this season than they did last season, as the squad will have had more time together, they also ended last season losing only one league game in 2009, so maybe they will take some momentum into this season. I think we might just beat them 2-1. It doesn't get much easier, with a trip to Old Trafford next. It's hard to predict the score in that game. Then, we've got an away game against West Ham. Zola did a very good job last season and they have got some decent players. I think we might just edge that game 1-0 or maybe 2-0.

I think we need at least 10 points from the first 6 games, but I am hoping we can get about 14.

Predictions for first 6 games:

Blackburn 1-1 City

City 2-1 Wolves

Portsmouth 0-1 City

City 1-1 Arsenal

United 1-1 City

West Ham 0-1 City[/quote']

My Predictions:

Blackburn 0 - 1 City

Hughes will be looking to start the season with a bang, and by doing this he'll show his former club what their missing out on. You have to question whether the team will be fully together and playing at the highest ability but we should scrape this win i feel.

City 2-0 Wolves

City's home form was tremendous last season and should continue this season. Crowds have started to rise after a long time, and would be a great opening home fixture to hopefully win. Mick McCarthy was a fellow MCFC player 20 years back, and it's certain his team won't be going into the game expecting a loss, but i feel on a whole the quality of City's side should outclass Wolves.

Portsmouth 2-2 City

Tricky one. Both have been tookover by wealthy abu dhabi owners, except City's are much wealthier :) But still if Pompey sign big stars with their money MCFC will have a fight on their hands. I think we could beat them if all the team were settled and playing well with each other, but it's too early in the season to say whether it will or not effect the side.

City 1-1 Arsenal

City's first real challenge. Will be a big challenge to see whether Hughes's transfers can live up to the quality in the Arsenal side. I'm optimistic at home we will be the side on top, but Arsenal won't settle for a loss, so i can see it being a draw, but with any team that could edge it, i would put money on City.

United 1-1 City

Tricky one, i think this depends on how MCFC and Man Utd both buy in the Summer. If Man Utd bring in a winger/striker to partner Rooney and be as good as Ronaldo, City will have a tie on their hands. If not i feel City could cause an upset and possibly just edge this, however at this time the above is unknown so i'll opt for a draw.

West Ham 0-2 City

Won't be easy, but i feel we should comfortably bag the goals against W.Ham at Upton Park. I feel if we land Eto'o/Tevez along with Bellamy and Santa Cruz they'll provide too much of a threat to W.Ham's young defence as well as Robinho and Ireland providing an attacking front for MCFC. To establish MCFC as a Top 5/6 team, these are must-win games but i think Hughes can pull it off.

We haven't signed Santa Cruz. Where did you hear that we might be signing Sessagnon?

I wouldn't trust this guy. He only started supporting MCFC not long ago, however we have to take his view into account. Cruz will join early next week, after as what the Manchester Evening News calls it, 'Thorough' Medical examinations to make sure any outstanding injury threat has gone, which is the right thing to do. He wont cost 18M, its 15M plus an extra 2M based on goals, trophies and appearances. I haven't heard one rumour about Segnesson so unless someone finds me a link i deem it to be untrue.

Guest Daragh

B'B 0 - 4 City

City 2- 0 Wolves

Pompey 2 - 2 City

City 1 - 2 Arsenl

United 1 - 1 city

W'H 1 - 2 City

Very happy to hear we might be signing sessengon' date=' and that we signed Santa Cruz[/quote']

Didn't you support Sheffield Wednesday like last week? :o

I wouldn't trust this guy. He only started supporting MCFC not long ago' date=' however we have to take his view into account. Cruz will join early next week, after as what the Manchester Evening News calls it, 'Thorough' Medical examinations to make sure any outstanding injury threat has gone, which is the right thing to do. He wont cost 18M, its 15M plus an extra 2M based on goals, trophies and appearances. I haven't heard one rumour about Segnesson so unless someone finds me a link i deem it to be untrue.[/quote']

Once you dont take toure i'm happy...but if ye take toure i'll be sad:(

Guest Football8

I wouldn't trust this guy. He only started supporting MCFC not long ago' date=' however we have to take his view into account. Cruz will join early next week, after as what the Manchester Evening News calls it, 'Thorough' Medical examinations to make sure any outstanding injury threat has gone, which is the right thing to do. He wont cost 18M, its 15M plus an extra 2M based on goals, trophies and appearances. I haven't heard one rumour about Segnesson so unless someone finds me a link i deem it to be untrue.[/quote']

He also started supporting Real Madrid. :eek:

Man City should buy RVN for 15m. :)

Well it wasn't long ago when Man City sent Real Madrid a blank contract where they should have filled in how much they wanted for RVN. Happily for MCFC' date=' and for the good of the finances, and the fans we've stopped extragantley spending our money.

Once you dont take toure i'm happy...but if ye take toure i'll be sad

I doubt he will join, it looks more likely Lescott or a player from abroard will join.

Man City should buy RVN for 15m. :)

£15m?? I think he would be a good signing for City, but I don't think we should pay £15m for a 32 year old who could get injured quite a bit. I think he would be a good signing though, and I'd rather have him than Santa Cruz. I think I read on the gossip column once that he would cost £1.75m for Spurs! :eek:

no swfc an mcfc' date=' coz im from sheff an live in manch, so i support both, must say, swfc more,[/quote']

Lets hope you know more about sheffield wednesday that you do about Man city ..... cos if you dont, your screwed:D

We have signed Stuart Taylor from Aston Villa. I think we should have kept Schmeichel for our second choice goalkeeper, but maybe he wants to leave as well. Hughes said that he spoke to Brad Friedel, and he had good things to say about Taylor.

Guest Phill

Why on earth did they bother signing bellamy though!? they got santa cruz now to! Sparky should think about things first :rolleyes:

Why on earth did they bother signing bellamy though!? they got santa cruz now to! Sparky should think about things first :rolleyes:

I wonder how much Bellamy will play next season, we've got quite a few other strikers as well. I don't think we should have signed Santa Cruz, especially for £18 million. I think that Evans (maybe on loan), Benjani and Vassell and Sturridge (those two will be out of contract at the end of June) should go.

Guest Daragh

I wonder how much Bellamy will play next season' date=' we've got quite a few other strikers as well. I don't think we should have signed Santa Cruz, especially for £18 million. I think that Evans (maybe on loan), Benjani and Vassell and Sturridge (those two will be out of contract at the end of June) should go.[/quote']

I think Santa Cruz could be a great signing if he stays fit. Yous played 4-2-3-1 quite a bit last season and Santa Cruz is perfect for that role. He can hold up the ball very well. He is a great target man and a great finisher and when you've got Ireland playing behind him (which could be a great partnership) and Robinho and SWP supporting him from the wings, yous are sure to create a lot of chances.

I think Santa Cruz could be a great signing if he stays fit. Yous played 4-2-3-1 quite a bit last season and Santa Cruz is perfect for that role. He can hold up the ball very well. He is a great target man and a great finisher and when you've got Ireland playing behind him (which could be a great partnership) and Robinho and SWP supporting him from the wings' date=' yous are sure to create a lot of chances.[/quote']

I don't really like the 4-2-3-1 formation much. I don't think we should be playing with one up front, I think we should have played with two up front last season. Last season, I would have played Jo and Sturridge up front (with Robinho up front) and then maybe Bellamy and Sturridge/Caicedo after we bought Bellamy.

Guest Daragh

I don't really like the 4-2-3-1 formation much. I don't think we should be playing with one up front' date=' I think we should have played with two up front last season. Last season, I would have played Jo and Sturridge up front (with Robinho up front) and then maybe Bellamy and Sturridge/Caicedo after we bought Bellamy.[/quote']

I'm not saying yous should play that formation, all I'm saying is that yous played that formation quite a bit last season and Santa Cruz is perfect for that role :)

I know where your coming from though, I would like to see a Santa Cruz and Bellamy partnership to see how it gets on.

According to his agent' date=' City have made an approach for Maicon. I think he'd be a great signing if we bought him.[/quote']

i heard 13mil + Elanoo ;)

i reckon elano is gravy but cant understand why hughes dont play him :S

i heard 13mil + Elanoo ;)

i reckon elano is gravy but cant understand why hughes dont play him :S

I'm worried that if Elano goes, it will affect Robinho's peformance as they are very good friends. Elano is class, but only puts effort it when he wants to.