Official Manchester City Thread

Re: Official Manchester City Thread

LOL

I thought your definition of glory hunters was people that don't attend games? If the above is anything to go by you've more glory hunters than anybody!

city-300x151.jpg

Can I suggest you invest some of your billions in these in lieu of real fans?

What he means is he'd rather have 20,000 people that regular attend games, then 78,000 who don't go regularly and just go to the big games.

From my personal experience of some of the plastics we're getting at Swansea now we're a Premier League club they only ever seem to want to go the big games and only really go to watch the opposition. I guess this can be related to the sorts of plastics at a bigger club like Man. City who i guess don't seem to see the quality of the opposition.

• Replies 13.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Re: Official Manchester City Thread so who will finish higher this season - toure or city?

Re: Official Manchester City Thread Some guys here need an appearance on Jeremy Kyle to sort this thing out... "And the DNA... Results... Say... *Opens up envelope* He has no family from Manchester!

Re: Official Manchester City Thread FT: Man Utd 1-6 Man City. Bad mistake from Fergie resting Howard Webb.

There are still tickets?! I thought it would sell out no problem :o Might go then :P

For once' date=' I agree with you.[/quote']

Yeah heard rumours they've sold 28,000 tickets and when I bought my tickets online yesterday there were a lot left in the family stand. Personally think it'll sell out in the end

LOL

I thought your definition of glory hunters was people that don't attend games? If the above is anything to go by you've more glory hunters than anybody!

city-300x151.jpg

Can I suggest you invest some of your billions in these in lieu of real fans?

We could talk about 'fake fans' all day long*.

I get a feeling this is the wrong thread for that dicsussion though ;)

*well not 'all day' because I am actually going to a game at the club I support stadium (the luxuy of a season ticket) - I know the United thread won't have that problem today (or any other match day) - it's easy to post whilst sitting alone watching a stream in your bedroom :)

To be honest' date=' I agree with the others. If we can't sell out, that's pretty shoddy. That said, I'll be getting a ticket so can still take the moral high ground :)[/quote']

if you dont sell out at £25 a ticket then its a joke - just hope the napoli fans dont end up in the home end like when we played them last year, had the potential to get a bit messy at times

btw will you get priority for bayern/villareal if you go to this game, or is the priority based on how many games as a whole you've been to in the last x years?

We could talk about 'fake fans' all day long*.

I get a feeling this is the wrong thread for that dicsussion though ;)

*well not 'all day' because I am actually going to a game at the club I support stadium (the luxuy of a season ticket) - I know the United thread won't have that problem today (or any other match day) - it's easy to post whilst sitting alone watching a stream in your bedroom :)

On my United duvet lest we forget:D

if you dont sell out at £25 a ticket then its a joke - just hope the napoli fans dont end up in the home end like when we played them last year' date=' had the potential to get a bit messy at times

btw will you get priority for bayern/villareal if you go to this game, or is the priority based on how many games as a whole you've been to in the last x years?[/quote']

Priority is FIRST based on whether you sign up to the 'Cup Direct' scheme for the Champs League.

So if a City fan with 0 loyalty points is on the cup scheme' he will get a ticket before someone who isn't - regardless of how many games the latter has been to.

Once all the cup scheme buyers have their seats they then go on sale to Season Ticket holders with the most loyalty points - but you can only buy 1 ticket per season ticket.

They then go on 'general sale' to anyone with a City membership number.

Good performance today although a lot of off target shots in the first half (saw someone pointed that out)

Dare I even type this...Tevez really didn't look himself from what I saw.

Aguero and Silva look like they have played together for years - and when Nasri came on he fitted straight into the shape.

Wigan weren't all together toothless - but they were never going to win.

After the game we got confronted by a bunch of Wiganers waving £20 notes - saying carp about buying success etc.

This from the team who were in Division Three before Dave Whelan poured about £100mill of his own money into their small town yonner club.

Tevez and Johnson were dire today. Thought they'd be much better considering they were really playing for their places with Dzeko and Nasri waiting in the wings.

Overall I was pleased with the display. Nasri and Silva are magical to watch and we're always going to get goals with our strikers. Clichy was ace going forward but got a little bit battered by Moses (who really stood out for Wigan). Milner played well and the CBs were solid too.

Wigan never really threatened and it's worth noting that a couple of those off-target shots hit the woodwork or were cleared off the Wigan line by Lescott :P Razak looked nifty when he came on too :)

Another great win :)

Aguero, Silva, Nasri looked brilliant and would have been a lot worse for Wigan if it wasn't for Al Habsi. Was disappointed to see Tevez start ahead of Dzeko, but to be fair Dzeko deserves a rest. The only thing I will criticize Mancini for is why keep picking Clichy ahead of Kolarov. Clichy is simply terrible, got torn apart by Moses and did he actually win a tackle?

The only thing I will criticize Mancini for is why keep picking Clichy ahead of Kolarov. Clichy is simply terrible' date=' got torn apart by Moses and did he actually win a tackle?[/quote']

Because Kolarov is even worse defensively? Clichy was outstanding going forward putting several top class deliveries into the box and a lot more would have come off had a guy like Dzeko been playing. He gets much more freedom to go forward than he did at Arsenal because we play with 2 defensive midfielders, one of whom can slot into LB while Clichy attacks. Kolarov's also much better going forward than he is at defending but he's far far more selfish than Clichy. Moses had a cracking game though but I think torn apart is too strong a wording.

Because Kolarov is even worse defensively? Clichy was outstanding going forward putting several top class deliveries into the box and a lot more would have come off had a guy like Dzeko been playing. He gets much more freedom to go forward than he did at Arsenal because we play with 2 defensive midfielders' date=' one of whom can slot into LB while Clichy attacks. Kolarov's also much better going forward than he is at defending but he's far far more selfish than Clichy. Moses had a cracking game though but I think torn apart is too strong a wording.[/quote']

I wasn't planning on watching it but i'm seriously going to have to watch Match of the Day now.

Define quality. Usually' date=' when quality crosses and Clichy are put in the same sentence, it means the ball just about stayed in the stadium.[/quote']

:P

Often hit his mark and had Dzeko been playing he'd have a fair few assists. All were within range and none hit me in the face (third tier opposite Clichy's launch area) :D

:P

Often hit his mark and had Dzeko been playing he'd have a fair few assists. All were within range and none hit me in the face (third tier opposite Clichy's launch area) :D

Must be an impostor.

EDIT: Even Gibbs and Sagna put in a couple of good crosses today. It's all very weird' date=' i think we've entered one of those 4th dimensional twightlght zone thingies...

[img']http://supportyourlocalgunfighter.com/wp-content/uploads/i_want_to_believe.jpg[/img]

Because Kolarov is even worse defensively? Clichy was outstanding going forward putting several top class deliveries into the box and a lot more would have come off had a guy like Dzeko been playing. He gets much more freedom to go forward than he did at Arsenal because we play with 2 defensive midfielders' date=' one of whom can slot into LB while Clichy attacks. Kolarov's also much better going forward than he is at defending but he's far far more selfish than Clichy. Moses had a cracking game though but I think torn apart is too strong a wording.[/quote']

Wouldn't have defined his crossing as class. Clichy gets into good positions, but half the time he turns back and passes to Milner/Silva/Nasri. Feel harsh on Kolarov, as he's moved to a new country and league and has only been given one season. I went Bolton away and I was really impressed with Kolarov and how composed he looked and he looked much better defensively. Clichy only got away with it today, because of Kompany and Lescott; but on another day his poor defending would have got punished.

Wouldn't have defined his crossing as class. Clichy gets into good positions' date=' but half the time he turns back and passes to Milner/Silva/Nasri. Feel harsh on Kolarov, as he's moved to a new country and league and has only been given one season. I went Bolton away and I was really impressed with Kolarov and how composed he looked and he looked much better defensively. Clichy only got away with it today, because of Kompany and Lescott; but on another day his poor defending would have got punished.[/quote']

Kolarov never showed a hint of making a good tackle in an entire season though :o I'm much happier with Clichy at the back and happier still with Zabaleta but he forfeits a lot going forward. Our full-backs have full licence to get forward as the DMs are available to cover without leaving the space in front of the CBs exposed. IMO Clichy was far more productive with his crossing than Kolarov was; he seemed too keen to impress maybe and had some extremely wasteful shots last season. I think Kolarov could be a very very good player if he improves his decision making and gets shifted up onto the wing a la Bale.

Kolarov never showed a hint of making a good tackle in an entire season though :o I'm much happier with Clichy at the back and happier still with Zabaleta but he forfeits a lot going forward. Our full-backs have full licence to get forward as the DMs are available to cover without leaving the space in front of the CBs exposed. IMO Clichy was far more productive with his crossing than Kolarov was; he seemed too keen to impress maybe and had some extremely wasteful shots last season. I think Kolarov could be a very very good player if he improves his decision making and gets shifted up onto the wing a la Bale.

Yeah agree Kolarov was poor last season, probs sticking up for him as I have an obsession for full backs that are good at shooting. Used to love Michael Tarnat. :D:D Still hope Kolarov gets a lot of game time, as like I said he looked a lot better against Bolton and reckon he'll have a lot better season IMO. But, Clichy did play well against Spurs, so hopefully Mancini will rotate between them both on a regular basis rather than just sticking with one of them.

Gents .... Abdul Razak ..... I picked him up in a number of Gc's when he was added as a free agent. is he any good? Is he worth keeping?

Played 10 minutes today and impressed me a lot. Doubt he'll get much of a look in (De Jong and Barry out today hence his spot on the bench) but he's certainly talented and we send a lot of youth out on loan :) I'd keep.

BTW, "Clichy has been one of City's best attacking threats so far" :D