Official Manchester City Thread

• Replies 13.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Re: Official Manchester City Thread so who will finish higher this season - toure or city?

Re: Official Manchester City Thread Some guys here need an appearance on Jeremy Kyle to sort this thing out... "And the DNA... Results... Say... *Opens up envelope* He has no family from Manchester!

Re: Official Manchester City Thread FT: Man Utd 1-6 Man City. Bad mistake from Fergie resting Howard Webb.

Re: Official Manchester City Thread

Bizarre - the OS is now saying the Napoli game is almost sold out...and tickets aren't available online now.

When I checked this morning - the 'picture' of the ground had the whole north stand showing blue - and the section where I normally sit was just over half full.

Plain weird

TBH I thought it was odd (if a little funny) when there was talk of poor ticket sales - I would expect that your first CL outing would be a sell-out.

Bizarre - the OS is now saying the Napoli game is almost sold out...and tickets aren't available online now.

When I checked this morning - the 'picture' of the ground had the whole north stand showing blue - and the section where I normally sit was just over half full.

Plain weird

I've just rung up and from the sounds of things tickets aren't hard to come by. I've got mine anyway with my mate and his girlfriend :) East stand level 2...

TBH I thought it was odd (if a little funny) when there was talk of poor ticket sales - I would expect that your first CL outing would be a sell-out.

So would I to be honest!

It seems that some City fans just can't afford it - I know a couple of lads who can't go as they are skint.

Whether the ground is full or not isn't a major issue - although some United fans might like to point out that it IS an issue when it really isn't - the attending crowd do not count towards group points.

I was looking for something that shows that United and City have had comparable attendances over the years - and the truth is - since the war United have had more fans on average throughout every league season.

Readers will be thinking that I must have been kidnapped' date=' and replaced with some sort of United sympathiser.[/b']

Don't worry - I haven't :)

It all amounts to.....dare I say it....'success'*

If you look at the average league position compared to the 'average attendance league position' City fans out perform the attendance of United fans on attendance when compared to success

An example?

1950s**

City’s average league position: 15th (including 1 year in the old Div2)

City’s average attendance position: 10th

City’s average attendance: 30,028

United’s average league position: 3rd

United’s average attendance position: 4th

United’s average attendance: 35,667

What is the point of my post?

Just to say that it doesn't matter how many fans turn up on Wednesday - it's the performance on the pitch that counts.

And that makes me....a 'glory hunter' :)

One thing in history that United can't match (yet)

City hold the record for the highest attendance at a domestic home match in England - 84,569. United trail in second with 83,260 - but that was at Maine Road ;) - the highest attendance at Old Trafford didn't feature United. So we still have something to hang onto until they rebuild the South Stand***.

Just fancied hammering away on keyboard - none of the above is intended to offend or even cause debate. And I certainly won't be rsponding to naive posts from the uneducated - you knwo who you are lol

*United fans base also grew after the international news about the air disaster - I don't think that is a bad thing - after all, who in England had ever heard of the Lokomotiv Yaroslavl ice hockey team prior to last weeks horrific news.

**I have been a tad...economical with the fact using only the 1950s ;)

***I will be wholeheartedly joining the opposition to planning permission - namely because United have not kept the promises they made when they were given permission to rebuild the north stand and two corners.

Hyde away at Droylsden (rivals) tonight and I'm going :)

Should be a good game. Will we win our 9th in a row?

I was gonna go - but I wouldn't have got there on time - and I'm at Etihad tomorrow so two nights in a row is bad for a relationship ;) Could have used the "Oh I am just going to scout the 216 route" then forget to get off the bus until Droylsden ;)

Football is as bad as Deus Ex is for my relationship but at least we are in the same building when I am on Deus Ex :)

How are the ticket sales going for tomorrow? I hope there will be a good atmosphere. It's going to be hard choosing between watching Man U tear Benfica apart or you lot tear Napoli apart :P I think I'll watch you against Napoli for the Hamsik/Cavani factor.

That's an LOL moment.

Also, there's a lot more to Napoli then just the Hamsik/Cavani factor. ;)

Yeah i laughed at that aswell' date=' they have Alot of quality players. And tbh I would of mentioned Lavezzi before the likes of Hamsik and Cavani.[/quote']

And Inler, Maggio, Pandev are all excellent plus a really "solid" 'keeper in De Sanctis.

You lot should win though but I do hope Napoli qualify.

Just a random fact, Napoli were tipped to go further than both Milan teams in the Champs Lge by Italian Bookies' even after they got such a hard group also fancied by alot of people to mount a serious title challenge, My money is on Juve though.

How are the ticket sales going for tomorrow? I hope there will be a good atmosphere. It's going to be hard choosing between watching Man U tear Benfica apart or you lot tear Napoli apart :P I think I'll watch you against Napoli for the Hamsik/Cavani factor.

There are still tickets available but there'll be a good atmosphere no doubt. I suspect that not selling out is due to it a midweek televised game and the majority of City's stadium support is made up of families so average Joe would likely to have to buy his partner and kids tickets if he wanted to go which ain't so cheap. I'll be there anyway so I'm not taking any of the flack we'll inevitably get for not selling out from United 'fans' who've never been to a game in their lives.

I think we'll win but I think it'll be far from a walk in the park. Quite interested to see how we perform against another top side. We blew Spurs away...

Droylsden 2-3 Hyde.

9 wins in a row. What a brilliant atmosphere. Scott Spencer scores again. Brilliant Game. Alot of Hyde regulars were at the game which I was suprised about. Good game.

Let's make it 10.

Great Derby win - couldn't get to the game - so watched it unfold on Twitter with a life long Droyslden fan - hunched over a mobile phone in the Blaize

The Chelsea fans in the Bishop Blaize* were bemused at the banter we were giving each other.

*For those who don't know - the 'Bishop Blaize' is the closest pub to OldTraff - yet there was about 10 Chelsea fans in there...weird (and no United fans)

Looking forward to tonight should be a great game - and make no mitake Napoli are NOT mugs.

Not sure how I feel about that :P Disappointed yet relieved perhaps.

We had much the better of the first half in terms of possession yet created the same, if not fewer clear cut chances. Too many ex-Gunners maybe :rolleyes: Napoli defended very well and had a good game-plan. They kept 7/8 players back and absorbed City to the point that Yaya and Barry were drawn forward and they countered with pace at Kompany and Lescott who had excellent games and were just outnumbered for Cavani's goal. Is Mancini too attacking now? B) Kolarov's free-kick was brilliant but nobody really stood out other than the centre-backs. Napoli gave us no room to cut them apart with passes as we've been practising in the league.

Napoli's fans were also brilliant. Hope City's away support can create as much noise :)

Man City were very loud. And I won't play devils advocate comparing what is usually heard elsewhere. :)

By my own admission we were nowhere near the level of the Italians. They were a little mental though (bouncing on the seats!) :) City fans were certainly more noisy than the Theatre of Silence though :P

On another note, Napoli brought about 3 times as many fans as Wigan :rolleyes: