Official Manchester City Thread

JuniorBlue

Re: Official Manchester City Thread

If QPR give you half the game they gave us' date=' then you've got no chance.[/quote']

And if they play like they did at Liverpool...

Anyway, we're in form now. Rooney is hopefully in his goal scoring 'groove' again.

I challenge City to match our 8-2 :).

Clattenburg didn't have a great game today, missed a few crucial things for example (off the top of my head), the foul on Silva should have been a penalty, Yaya should have seen red very early on, Meireles probably should have been off too. Kompany should have got a second yellow for his foul on Mata.

And if they play like they did at Liverpool...

Anyway' date='[b'] we're in form now.[/b] Rooney is hopefully in his goal scoring 'groove' again.

I challenge City to match our 8-2 :).

What? We get a good win against a 'poor' side and we're back in form? I have to disagree, give it a few weeks and then we'll see, without Vidic(season) and Hernandez the xmas run will be tough.

If QPR give you half the game they gave us' date=' then you've got no chance.[/quote']

I think we should handle QPR pretty well but it all depends on whether we can push on and start finding goals or continue to look clueless. Even clueless I still think we can get the win. 1-0 anyone??? lol

SAY WHAAAAAA???!!! One win at home to Wolves is hardly being "in-form!"

Allow me to expand,

We normally up the pace around this part of the season (Dec/Jan onwards), we scored 4 in our last game, our talisman has started scoring again and we can focus on the league ahead of *other* competitions now.

Although perhaps the wording of my statement, "In-form" was a tad naive. :P

Great to see so many United fans now focussing so much energy into celebrating City losing one match.

Fantastic to know that we are now getting up their noses so much that they would rather celebrate a Chelsea win that look at their own debt ridden clubs crumbling midfield.

I don't mean this solely about the tourists who post their worries on this forum, but also include the United fans from around Manchester who made an effort to go out to pubs and spend hard earned money to watch our Monday night game.

Thanks for your support :)

Great to see so many United fans now focussing so much energy into celebrating City losing one match.

Tbh it was mainly Chelsea and their deluded fans celebrating like they had just won the CL. Thinking they are going to finish ahead of us now fgs:rolleyes:

Fantastic to know that we are now getting up their noses so much that they would rather celebrate a Chelsea win that look at their own debt ridden clubs crumbling midfield.

I don't mean this solely about the tourists who post their worries on this forum' date=' but also include the United fans from around Manchester who made an effort to go out to pubs and spend hard earned money to watch our Monday night game.

[b']This applies to a section of United 'fans' who's IQ's are not the best.

A large number of United fans (the one's not blinkered by red tinted glasses), whilst happy that you lost, realise the A: issue with our "crumbling midfield" and have for a long time, and B: wont be "celebrating" any City losses unless we are either top of the league or you start losing/drawing with the WBA's, Wigans etc of the PL. [/b]

Also I refer you to a post made after the City defeat:

Not gonna celebrate.

This was another one of those tricky fixtures for you which is now out of the way' date=' and you are still 2 clear at the top.

Although at this early stage of the season, you have a much easier 'run in' whilst those below you still have 'tricky' fixtures left to play.

When you lot start either dropping a few points at home or drawing/losing away to the likes of Stoke, West Brom etc, then I might get a bit confident of 'the others' chances of pipping you to the title.

Still going to need a monumental collapse imo for you lot to 'throw it away'.[/quote']

Level-headed United fan's who are not visually impaired through 'Red tinted glasses' will wholeheartedly agree with the above.

So whilst you may well have seen a few deluded muppets celebrating last night, I wouldn't be too cocky about it.

Yet.;):P

Level-headed United fan's who are not visually impaired through 'Red tinted glasses' will wholeheartedly agree with the above.

So whilst you may well have seen a few deluded muppets celebrating last night' date=' I wouldn't be too cocky about it.

Yet.;):P[/quote']

To be honest - my comments were not directed at yourself or some of the other more rounded United fans.

And I agree with a lot of your own points.

It's long been the habit of City fans like me to take pleasure from any United demise (evidence on the United thread) but United fans have long said they don't care about City. (it's why we're called "bitter")

It's just amusing to watch the Bishops Blaize full of United fans fully cheering a Chelsea penalty.

How amusing it will be if United finish behind Chelsea by lss than three points - I will be sure to remind those 'supporters' of them cheering the Chelsea winner :)

pZxKB3w5WuI

c'mon FA.

EPL getting tighter than ever.

Mata should be banned for his actions - he is clearly seen to be using some sort of magnetism to attract first Yayas foot to his leg, then Yayas hand to his face.

That sort of thing needs to be banned by the FA.

Credit to Mata though - he stayed on his feet, if it had been a United player we would have needed an ambulance and paramedics to peel the writhing creature off the floor (Mr Nanny)

To be honest - my comments were not directed at yourself or some of the other more rounded United fans.

And I agree with a lot of your own points.

It's long been the habit of City fans like me to take pleasure from any United demise (evidence on the United thread) but United fans have long said they don't care about City. (it's why we're called "bitter")

It's just amusing to watch the Bishops Blaize full of United fans fully cheering a Chelsea penalty.

How amusing it will be if United finish behind Chelsea by lss than three points - I will be sure to remind those 'supporters' of them cheering the Chelsea winner :)

Followers Ian, followers.

pZxKB3w5WuI

c'mon FA.

EPL getting tighter than ever.

It's hard to tell whether Toure was having a laugh there, and Mata taking it seriously, especially with the slap. Seemed kinda friendly to me, especially how soft both were.

For me, his attempted scrape down the back of Ramires' achilles was a lot worse.

Mata should be banned for his actions - he is clearly seen to be using some sort of magnetism to attract first Yayas foot to his leg' date=' then Yayas hand to his face.

That sort of thing needs to be banned by the FA.

Credit to Mata though - he stayed on his feet, if it had been a United player we would have needed an ambulance and paramedics to peel the writhing creature off the floor (Mr Nanny)[/quote']

ZXJ0g.jpg

Mata is the absolute professional there, keeping cool and staying away from physicality even in an intense and weary situation. He didn't make a huge fuss of it, otherwise the 4th official could easily be called into action for both incidents and if none was red, then 2 yellows will still make up for that.

What do you think will happen if it were somebody like..

sergio-busquets-takes-a-peek-while-pretending-to-be-hurt-click--400x237px.jpg

I'm not against Yaya, I actually like him but he seems to have lost his mind in that game, perhaps was getting beaten like never before and awfully frustrated in the rain. Anyway, Glitchy won the race to get sent off in the Man City side lol.

Anyway' date=' Glitchy won the race to get sent off in the Man City side lol.[/quote']

As soon as I saw Battenberg was referee I knew we would struggle to keep 10 men on the pitch.

He let us have our day at Old trafford - but we allowed him the opporunity to book out players.

THAT SAID - the bookings I saw were all correct, even if the Clichy one was a tad soft (similar to what Kaboul got sent off for though)

I do not know what Is going trough Mancini's head when he plays Clichy instead of Kolarov . Any team would love to have such a quality player like Kolarov in their starting eleven , way to many quality players on City's bench , I do understand that depth is the key to success , but talent's are wasted on that bench .Kolarov is Way , WAY better than Clichy defensively and attacking . You may consider me crazy , but I consider Santos better Clichy . You may think that I'm only saying that cos he plays for Arsenal and not Clichy isn't an Arsenal player anymore and so on , and no , I would not prefer Clichy instead of Santos . The Brazilian hasn't had the most impressive start at Arsenal but lately his performances have been Lush .. Ohh yeah , and it took him a few matches to achieve what Clichy achieved in his 187 appearances for Arsenal , to score a goal and what an important goal , the one against Chelsea , and I'm pretty sure there will be more .

P.S. - Clichy is a terrible player .

I do not know what Is going trough Mancini's head when he plays Clichy instead of Kolarov . Any team would love to have such a quality player like Kolarov in their starting eleven ' date=' way to many quality players on City's bench , I do understand that depth is the key to success , but talent's are wasted on that bench .Kolarov is Way , WAY better than Clichy defensively and attacking . You may consider me crazy , but I consider Santos better Clichy . You may think that I'm only saying that cos he plays for Arsenal and not Clichy isn't an Arsenal player anymore and so on , and no , I would not prefer Clichy instead of Santos . The Brazilian hasn't had the most impressive start at Arsenal but lately his performances have been Lush .. Ohh yeah , and it took him a few matches to achieve what Clichy achieved in his 187 appearances for Arsenal , to score a goal and what an important goal , the one against Chelsea , and I'm pretty sure there will be more .

P.S. - Clichy is a terrible player .[/quote']

In my eyes, Clichy has looked better than Kolarov when he has played - every time.

As far as I am aware, Kolarov is also injured at the moment.

As for Clichy being a terrible player?

It took Arsene Wenger - your glorious esteemed manager - how many games to realise he wasn't good enough? 187????

And then he was STILL offering him a new improved contract????

You need to get rid of that Wenger bloke, if it takes 5 years to realise someone is 'terrible' and then gets the club to offer the terrible player a new contract. WENGER OUT WENGER OUT!!!!

I do not know what Is going trough Mancini's head when he plays Clichy instead of Kolarov . Any team would love to have such a quality player like Kolarov in their starting eleven ' date=' way to many quality players on City's bench , I do understand that depth is the key to success , but talent's are wasted on that bench .Kolarov is Way , WAY better than Clichy defensively and attacking .[b'] You may consider me crazy , but I consider Santos better Clichy . You may think that I'm only saying that cos he plays for Arsenal[/b] and not Clichy isn't an Arsenal player anymore and so on , and no , I would not prefer Clichy instead of Santos . The Brazilian hasn't had the most impressive start at Arsenal but lately his performances have been Lush .. Ohh yeah , and it took him a few matches to achieve what Clichy achieved in his 187 appearances for Arsenal , to score a goal and what an important goal , the one against Chelsea , and I'm pretty sure there will be more .

P.S. - Clichy is a terrible player .

You rate Andre Santos higher than Clichy? :rolleyes:

I may hate to say it, but City have 2 quality left-backs in Kolarov and Clichy. As it happens I prefer Clichy.

I do not know what Is going trough Mancini's head when he plays Clichy instead of Kolarov . Any team would love to have such a quality player like Kolarov in their starting eleven ' date=' way to many quality players on City's bench , I do understand that depth is the key to success , but talent's are wasted on that bench .Kolarov is Way , WAY better than Clichy defensively and attacking . You may consider me crazy , but I consider Santos better Clichy . You may think that I'm only saying that cos he plays for Arsenal and not Clichy isn't an Arsenal player anymore and so on , and no , I would not prefer Clichy instead of Santos . The Brazilian hasn't had the most impressive start at Arsenal but lately his performances have been Lush .. Ohh yeah , and it took him a few matches to achieve what Clichy achieved in his 187 appearances for Arsenal , to score a goal and what an important goal , the one against Chelsea , and I'm pretty sure there will be more .

P.S. - Clichy is a terrible player .[/quote']

You couldn't be more wrong.

Kolarov is a much much worse defender than Clichy (he's barely better than Santos ;)) and he's far too greedy in the attack. Clichy's been excellent in both regards this season.

Santos can't defend. He's scored a goal (yay :rolleyes:) but City are perfectly capable of scoring enough goals without relying on our left back to chip in. His job is to defend and, for the most part this season, he's done that superbly.

He's not a terrible player at all. You asked far too much of him at Arsenal; you wanted him to get forward and provide crosses yet offered him no protection in defence with either Arshavin or Nasri ahead of him and then slated him for letting their wingers in. At City, he fits in perfectly as he's very capable going forwards and with 2 deep midfielders, we have cover when he marauds.

I think this is an incredibly biased post and would love to know how many full City games you've seen this season.

To be fair as much as I dislike Clichy for the way he left, he isnt as bad at City as I expected him to be like he was at Arsenal. He is preferred to Kolarov and it's one bad mistake out of how many games from Clichy so I wont take a swipe but it could potentially be a costly one. If he makes more of the same mistakes like he did yesterday then maybe we can start questioning his ability as a LB but we'll see.

In my eyes' date=' Clichy has looked better than Kolarov when he has played - every time.

As far as I am aware, Kolarov is also injured at the moment.

As for Clichy being a terrible player?

It took Arsene Wenger - your glorious esteemed manager - how many games to realise he wasn't good enough? [b']187[/b]????

And then he was STILL offering him a new improved contract????

You need to get rid of that Wenger bloke, if it takes 5 years to realise someone is 'terrible' and then gets the club to offer the terrible player a new contract. WENGER OUT WENGER OUT!!!!

I don't know if he's injured or not , If I'm not mistaken I seen him on the bench last night !

And wait , that was my opinion , Not Wengers ;) .. All the time he was at Arsenal , the majority of time , he has been our worst player in the starting eleven ( Silvestre doesn't count ) . It's not my fault Wenger was blind . And there was a time that everyone wanted Wenger out ( I admit , even I was thinking about it ) but with the way the team is playing right now , and the results we are getting , why would we get rid of him . Even though I'm not too confident we'll beat City on Sunday , I still don't want the guy out , he's a master tactician and no one , I mean No one can manage a club's finances better than him . As he said two days ago " We are doing really well financially , expect some new faces in January " - So there you have it :P

Well normally anything related to city is boring :D

But this is hilarious .. http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2073499/Manchester-City-squad-Chelsea-defeat-Christmas-party.html

IMO Barry has the best costume lol :D

That's great costuming. Who were Kermit and the Iron Man, as they did not get a name attached unlike all the others? :)

That's great costuming. Who were Kermit and the Iron Man' date=' as they did not get a name attached unlike all the others? :)[/quote']
Think its Wenger in the Kermit costume, spying on ManC before Sunday's game

- Elshaun West, Mzansi, 13/12/2011 12:56

LOL

In all seriousness, I haven't got a clue. Probably people who are associated with the club or something like that :P