Official Manchester City Thread

JuniorBlue

Re: Official Manchester City Thread

I'm assuming KingKenny is citing the moment when Mancini made the card gesture in a attempt to get Skrtel sent-off. In his defence Barry had been sent-off 60 seconds before so emotions were raw.

Tbf to Mancini he did come out and apologise for it.

It was very good of him to come out and apologise as it showed that what happens in a football match can be apologised for.

It takes a real man to admit when he is in the wrong and come out and apologise.

A certain 'class' which has been surprising coming from City but fair play to them.

A club that couldn't apologise would be viewed very poorly around the World (Montevideo exempt);) one would imagine.

Well done last night. You were always going to be the better team considering Liverpool don't know how to play to their own strengths.

I enjoyed the game. Kompany was amazing, as always. Barry was slightly unlucky to get a red card, especially with that second challenge and as much as I HATE anyone trying to get another player sent off, Mancini was right. Skrtel should have been given at least a yellow card IMO.

Hopefully we can do you's a favour tonight. I know the Blue side of Manchester (and whereever else these huge fan-bases are) will be black and white tonight. :D

Mancini asked the Ivory Coast coach to allow Kolo and Yaya to stay for Sunday's game but he has refused the request.

Is Hargreaves fit at the moment?

I have a feeling we might see Zabs or Kolarov used in that position whist Yaya is away

Well done last night. You were always going to be the better team considering Liverpool don't know how to play to their own strengths.

I enjoyed the game. Kompany was amazing' date=' as always. Barry was slightly unlucky to get a red card, especially with that second challenge and as much as I HATE anyone trying to get another player sent off, Mancini was right. Skrtel should have been given at least a yellow card IMO.

Hopefully we can do you's a favour tonight. I know the Blue side of Manchester (and whereever else these huge fan-bases are) will be black and white tonight. :D[/quote']

Hmm i wonder what that is then. Is it by any chance hoofing the ball up to the ATM useless and/or poor excuse of a striker called Andrew Carroll? :confused:

The police have taken some pretty stringent steps to stop trouble at the derby game on Sunday

Certain areas of the ground and streets around are to be blocked off so that City fans don't come into contact with MiBs and other idiots hell bent on trouble (and vice versa)

There is also an alcohol restriction inside and outside the ground.

I'm being told that tickets for Sundays' game are still available and on general sale:eek: Is that true? I'll be amazed if it doesn't sell out.

Tickets were on general sale to City fans with a certain number of loyalty points, but now seems to be sold out - you certainly can't get them via the website now.

I have a feeling we might see Zabs or Kolarov used in that position whist Yaya is away

Why don't we just move Kompany to DM his original position and play both Lescott and Savic as CB? Or just play Zaba as CB, he doesnt go forward that much.

Roberto Mancini has raised his first concerns about the new spending restrictions placed on him by Manchester City, after revealing that he could have only one striker and two fully fit central midfielders available for the FA Cup third-round tie against Manchester United on Sunday.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/article-2082995/Newspaper-review-Frank-Lampard-target-Manchester-United.html#ixzz1ifapfM3g

Gee, I thought he only needs to lineup 2 defensive CM's (seen that he still has all silvas and nasris available for offensive cm duties) and 1 striker.

Why don't we just move Kompany to DM his original position and play both Lescott and Savic as CB? Or just play Zaba as CB' date=' he doesnt go forward that much.[/quote']

Actually Kompany started as a CB in Belgium and it is in that place where he really excels, despite of having first been used as a DM in City. However, I do agree that it is a valid option that you suggest.

City first signing of the transfer window?

14-year-old Martin Samuelsen.

According to net reports he refused offers from United, Liverpool, Chelsea and Real Madrid.

Before anyone accuses him of being here for the money - they aren't allowed to offer him a contract :D

City first signing of the transfer window?

14-year-old Martin Samuelsen.

According to net reports he refused offers from United' date=' Liverpool, Chelsea and Real Madrid.

Before anyone accuses him of being here for the money - they aren't allowed to offer him a contract :D[/quote']

I did hear of a castle being built for his guarantors though :)Nah I jest, looking forward to the game tomorrow should be a classic.

I did hear of a castle being built for his guarantors though :)Nah I jest' date=' looking forward to the game tomorrow should be a classic.[/quote']

Well they don't pay the player or their family - but they do get the benfit of coaching AND a FREE place at St Bedes School in Whalley Range - that costs about £10k a year I believe

Hyde lost 2-0 away at Gainsborough today.

Staly and Guisley also lost, so it wasn't such a bad result after all, but the points would have been great.

Anyone noticed how many seats are left for the Carling Semi? WOW!!!

Slightly apprehensive about tomorrow. I don't like being favourites :o Think we'll line up strong and that the rumours that Yaya might play are balls... Perhaps:

Hart

Richards - Kompany - Lescott - Clichy

Milner - De Jong

Johnson - Silva - Nasri

Aguero

Rumours like that one?

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2083096/Yaya-Toure-play-Manchester-United-FA-Cup-says-Sir-Alex-Ferguson.html

I think it will be De Jong who will play but I wish Mancini had have eased him a little more back into the side before Yaya went away he has only played 72 minutes since 29th Nov.

Hopefully Balotelli will get out to play at some point.

Rumours like that one?

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2083096/Yaya-Toure-play-Manchester-United-FA-Cup-says-Sir-Alex-Ferguson.html

I think it will be De Jong who will play but I wish Mancini had have eased him a little more back into the side before Yaya went away he has only played 72 minutes since 29th Nov.

Hopefully Balotelli will get out to play at some point.

Yeah. Reckon it's Fergie getting mind-game paranoia :P Of course if Yaya did play, that's only a good thing :)

Not too bothered about De Jong's fitness. Think he'll be ship shape as Mancini will have been well aware of Yaya's impending absence. He's a tank anyway.

Would like to see Mario get a little run out provided he's able. He always gets at Ferdinand :D

Y'know, with Yaya gone I've wondered if we could do with a bit more depth in the centre of midfield. Maybe bring Vieira back or something... ;)

Pantilimon, Richards, Kompany, Lescott, Kolarov, A. Johnson, de Jong, Milner, Silva, Nasri, Aguero

Subs: Hart, Clichy, Zabaleta, Savic, Hargreaves, Razak, Suarez

Think Hart should have started; pretty happy with the rest. Hope Razak and Suarez can come on if the game looks done.