JuniorBlue

Official Manchester City Thread

Re: Official Manchester City Thread

i heard 13mil + Elanoo ;)

i reckon elano is gravy but cant understand why hughes dont play him :S

I think £13 million + Elano would be a great deal for Maicon :) .

I'm worried that if Elano goes' date=' it will affect Robinho's peformance as they are very good friends. Elano is class, but only puts effort it when he wants to.[/quote']

If we bought somebody like Tevez or Eto'o, or another Brazilian, then I think Robinho would be happy and he would play very well.

M.CITY WILL NEVER TAKE EVERTONS POSITION MWHAHAHAHAHAHAAAAAAAAAAAAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

money isnt EVERY THING !!!!!

Let the football do the talking Hope you enjoyed Jo great player, great great player. We'll see next season MCFC for 5th position. Also, you wouldnt be moaning about money if you had, kenwright barely has 2 pennies to rub together

M.CITY WILL NEVER TAKE EVERTONS POSITION MWHAHAHAHAHAHAAAAAAAAAAAAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

money isnt EVERY THING !!!!!

Greetings all.

This window is an exciting time for City, and it is only natural that clubs outside the 'top 4' are feeling the heat. Despite our alleged failure to sign Eto'o, the attacking threat we present will worry most defenses. If RSC can find his form and fitness, he should prove to be an excellent signing and hit bags of goals given the service from our mid-field. Signs suggest we will sign more attacking players in any case, be it Tevez or someone of that quality.

The addition of Barry will solidify a mid-field that was impressive going forward, and which contributed a large chunk of our goal tally (5th highest in the league incidentally).

Also pleasing is that the owners have kept faith in our existing manager, which should give the team some much-needed stability that we have lacked in recent times. He will undoubtedly trim the squad & get rid of the deadwood that has been around from previous regimes (Danny Mills will be gone in a few hours :D).

We must sign a couple of top defenders, and hope the likes of zabs, richards, ned and bridge can perform consistently at the level we know they can.

Greetings all.

This window is an exciting time for City' date=' and it is only natural that clubs outside the 'top 4' are feeling the heat. Despite our alleged failure to sign Eto'o, the attacking threat we present will worry most defenses. If RSC can find his form and fitness, he should prove to be an excellent signing and hit bags of goals given the service from our mid-field. Signs suggest we will sign more attacking players in any case, be it Tevez or someone of that quality.

The addition of Barry will solidify a mid-field that was impressive going forward, and which contributed a large chunk of our goal tally (5th highest in the league incidentally).

Also pleasing is that the owners have kept faith in our existing manager, which should give the team some much-needed stability that we have lacked in recent times. He will undoubtedly trim the squad & get rid of the deadwood that has been around from previous regimes (Danny Mills will be gone in a few hours :D).

We must sign a couple of top defenders, and hope the likes of zabs, richards, ned and bridge can perform consistently at the level we know they can.[/quote']

It seems like your a great football fan with sense. Tevez looks like he is on his way, and if we fail to aquire the services of Eto'o i still think City will move for another striker. Would love to see somebody like Lavezzi or a striker of his calibre join. Barry was a good signing and i can see him adding a defensive option to the midfield with Kompany moving to Centre Back and Ireland posing an attacking threat. I agree we need to now buy some defenders. I think Dunne who is a great asset to the club and i have full respect for him will go to Sunderland, with Richards possibly staying but not in the first time XI. Zabaleta and Bridge will keep there space in defence i believe with Kompany fitting into CB and then another CB joining such as Lescott or Toure.

If we don't get Eto'o, then I don't think we need another striker. We have Santa Cruz, Bellamy, Caicedo, Bojinov and possibly Tevez might come. I think those strikers are quite good and we don't need another one. I think we need another centre back, and I think Toure or Westermann would be great signings. I hope Dunne doesn't go, I would rather Richards went than him. Is Kompany going to play as a centre back next season?

If we don't get Eto'o' date=' then I don't think we need another striker. We have Santa Cruz, Bellamy, Caicedo, Bojinov and possibly Tevez might come. I think those strikers are quite good and we don't need another one. I think we need another centre back, and I think Toure or Westermann would be great signings. I hope Dunne doesn't go, I would rather Richards went than him. Is Kompany going to play as a centre back next season?[/quote']

Those strikers are no-where near good enough to get city where they want to, and thats a fact! :)

Eto'o is one of the most unloyal players and he still seems like he don't wanna go to City, eh? :o

Eto'o is one of the most unloyal players and he still seems like he don't wanna go to City' date=' eh? :o[/quote']

I'm not sure about that. I don't think he has ever completely ruled out joining City. I think he wants a payment from Barcelona or City to join City. If we did get him, I think that he would only be here for the money.

As for a CB, I think John Terry would be a good signing :):P .

I'm not sure about that. I don't think he has ever completely ruled out joining City. I think he wants a payment from Barcelona or City to join City. If we did get him' date=' I think that he would only be here for the money.

As for a CB, I think John Terry would be a good signing :):P .[/quote']

Yeah he would be an amazing signing.

As he is one of the best CB's in the world.

But your forgetting one thing in your dream land.. Terry is one of the most loyal players in the game :)

But your forgetting one thing in your dream land.. Terry is one of the most loyal players in the game :)

I'm not living in a dreamland, I was sort of having a joke. He probably wouldn't come to City, I was just saying he would be a great signing. So would Carvalho.

Didn't everyone think Gareth Barry was though?

If we don't get Eto'o' date=' then I don't think we need another striker. We have Santa Cruz, Bellamy, Caicedo, Bojinov and possibly Tevez might come. I think those strikers are quite good and we don't need another one. I think we need another centre back, and I think Toure or Westermann would be great signings. I hope Dunne doesn't go, I would rather Richards went than him. Is Kompany going to play as a centre back next season?[/quote']

I can see Vincent Kompany adjusting to the Centre Back position as it would save City money and means we could cut down on the options in midfield with De Jong getting more of a look in with Kompany in CB. As for strikers, Eto'o move as much as his agent is saying it won't happen isn't over and finished so until i hear confirmation from Manchester City i won't believe the chase is over for him. Manchester Evening News has ben has in his sig, stated that Terry is next of City's targets. Would absolutely love it to see him at MCFC but it isn't gonna happen. For a striekforce i would buy tevez which i expect to be confirmed tomorrow, with Santa Cruz and Bellamy also in strike. I can see Evans and Bojinov staying with Vassell, Benjani and Caicedo going with the rest of the attacking options coming from Robinho and youngsters in the MCFC setup. Dunne will go, he would have gone last season but talks with Portsmouth broke down on the last minute due to cash probems, how ironic ey?

This is on the Sky Sports website about Eto'o

Samuel Eto'o could still become a Manchester City player this summer despite being offered a new two-year deal by Barcelona.

The Cameroon international striker is keen to stay at Camp Nou but his agent, Josep Maria Mesalles, has become angered by the European champions' handling of the situation.

Barca president Joan Laporta admitted on Sunday night that City had made a 'stratospheric offer' to take Eto'o to Eastlands.

Mesalles claims Barca have told him that his client is surplus to requirements despite playing a key role in their treble success last term, and has questioned the motives of their latest contract offer.

Unrealistic

He said: "We have had two meetings with the club and they have told us both times that Samuel is not in their plans for next season.

"I don't know if they made the offer because they want him to stay or because they want to make money.

"They want 30 to 35 million euros from his sale and that is unrealistic - he has one year left on his contract and they are asking for too much, especially in a year when he would play the African Cup of Nations and then the World Cup in the summer."

Mesalles is confident a fee could be agreed with City, who have proved that money is no object in the transfer market, having already shelled out a reported £18million to bring in Roque Santa Cruz from Blackburn.

"Samuel is very disappointed with Barcelona," Mesalles continued.

Good option

"If we find out for sure that they don't want him, then we will do our best to find him another club and Manchester City would be a good option.

"There are only about six or seven clubs out there who could afford Samuel, but Manchester City is one and they are a serious club."

Eto'o has won three league titles and two Champions Leagues with Barcelona, and his priority would be to play in Europe's premier club competition next season, Mesalles revealed.

But he claims City's absence from Europe would not deter his client from a move to Eastlands.

"In theory he wants to play in the Champions League, but if Manchester City have an offer accepted, we would be delighted to go there," he said.

And this is on goal.com about Vassell:

Goal.com Turkey has reported that Manchester City's negotiations with Turkish side Ankaragucu regarding Darius Vassell's future may soon be coming to an end.

Ankaragucu chairman Cengiz Topel Yildirim addressed the club's supporters on Turkish radio station Radyospor, announcing that negotiations are nearing completion in reference to the signing of the English striker.

"We've terminated the pre-negotiations with Darius Vassell," Yilidirim began.

"Tomorrow he'll first come to Istanbul then to Ankara.

"We aim to secure a big signing as this year is our centenary.

"He [Vassell] will visit the city and our installations. Then he will make a decision.

"I hope we can include him in our squad."

If the signing of the 29-year-old is completed, it will be the most illustrious acquisition in the club's history.

New website looks great :) . Nice to see it has videos on it as well :) . Presentation on it looks very good :) .

Hamann, Ball, Mills, Berti and Vassell have all been released. They all did a job at the club when they were here :) .

Guest Football8

Just predicting a lineup for you guys for next season:

Given

Maicon Toure Kompany Bridge

Ireland De Jong Barry

Tevez Eto'o Robinho

Although you'll get injuries and will start using the odd players like Onouha.

Maicon for Elano and cash ?

Toure for cash, seen as Arsenal have got a new defender.

Tevez for cash and Eto'o for cash.

Considering Maicon's agent says hes definately staying at Inter' date=' I doubt that lineup is accurate. :o[/quote']

Did he say that? Didn't he say that if Inter offered him a new contract, then he would stay. I don't think Maicon completely ruled out leaving Inter. I don't think he would come to City though.

If Maicon goes to Chelsea, then maybe City could bid for Bosingwa. £15m + Micah Richards?

If Maicon goes to Chelsea' date=' then maybe City could bid for Bosingwa. £15m + Micah Richards?[/quote']

No bloody way. Richards is young, 5-6 years younger than Bosingwa.. And there was a marked improvement in his performances towards the end of last season. Granted he may not be up to the level we want yet, but he will be more than useful over the course of the season, either as a starter or squad member. His value could well sky-rocket after 1 good season.

No bloody way. Richards is young' date=' 5-6 years younger than Bosingwa.. And there was a marked improvement in his performances towards the end of last season. Granted he may not be up to the level we want yet, but he will be more than useful over the course of the season, either as a starter or squad member. His value could well sky-rocket after 1 good season.[/quote']

Well Richards value has done the opposite this season. Was worth a good 10-15M now he's being linked with Liverpool for 4M. Since his knee injury he's never returned to the player he was, and made many mistakes to spoil some of our chances of winning crutial games.

Well Richards value has done the opposite this season. Was worth a good 10-15M now he's being linked with Liverpool for 4M. Since his knee injury he's never returned to the player he was' date=' and made many mistakes to spoil some of our chances of winning crutial games.[/quote']

Agreed. My point is that a year ago he was England's next right back and valued accordingly. Last season his form and value dipped drastically, but he did come back strong towards the end of the season when played at right back. If we do get in some better quality defenders, which we desperately need IMO, then Richards can be benched. But to lose him + 15m for Bosingwa right now will be stupid. He is still young, and can definitely find himself back in the reckoning for the England squad. If he does, you'll find the current 4M valuation of him insulting at the least.

It's obvious that City are looking to improve in the central defensive area. We have had another bid rejected for John Terry and now it seems we are after Lucio. I would be quite happy with either, but Lucio is about 31 now, which is something which could put me off him a bit, I wonder how many good years he has left. What about Carvalho for a new CB? Or Sebastian Squallachi (spelt wrong)?

Can any City fan think of any new songs to sing next season?