Official Manchester City Thread

JuniorBlue

Re: Official Manchester City Thread

It does look impressive but we will see when you have a 'bleak' season or two (as Chelsea have done in the past). That is when we will truly see if the Sheikh will be shelving his chequebook and believing in youth.

Fair point and I guess the current situation is some indication. If Suarez, Guidetti, Razak and the like start to pick up the odd minute then that's a positive.

Not displeased with a draw at Stoke but when their goal's a clear handball and the player who cleared a last minute shot off the line should have been sent off for an elbow, it bites a bit.

Some positives though... Garcia fitted in very well and looks like a real battler. Fantastic header of the ball too. Maicon was excellent going forwards as well. I also thought Balotelli was superb; took a right beating off the Stoke players but never lost his temper, linked up play really well and was unlucky not to get a good look at goal but that's not his fault.

On the downside, even with Crouch's foul play, Stoke's goal was avoidable. We made a few errors with poor clearances or not clearing balls that we should have. I also thought Nasri and Tevez floated too much, to the extent that they became a little invisible. Our passing was also uncharacteristically poor in the first half with many passes falling too short.

Overall, a draw was fair on the balance of play. Stoke played very well.

Was at work, so missed the game. Great to see Garcia score on his debut. From what I've read we sounded unlucky not to get the three points. Disappointed to that Dzeko didn't start, he's been in great form for us and Bosnia. A point is alright I guess. I know Stoke is a tough place, but we really should be winning games like this.

Was at work' date=' so missed the game. Great to see Garcia score on his debut. From what I've read we sounded unlucky not to get the three points. Disappointed to that Dzeko didn't start, he's been in great form for us and Bosnia. A point is alright I guess. I know Stoke is a tough place, but we really should be winning games like this.[/quote']

We've never won there in the Premier League. I'm content with a point.

On the rested players, you have to remember we play Real on Tuesday. Would explain some omissions and substitutions.

Was at work' date=' so missed the game. Great to see Garcia score on his debut. From what I've read we sounded unlucky not to get the three points. Disappointed to that Dzeko didn't start, [b']he's been in great form for us and Bosnia.[/b] A point is alright I guess. I know Stoke is a tough place, but we really should be winning games like this.

Yup,I agree,he deserves to be in City starting line up.He had a great chance in the end,but he was unlucky.

Yup' date='I agree,he deserves to be in City starting line up.He had a great chance in the end,but he was unlucky.[/quote']

I suspect he'll start midweek against Madrid though. May have been more sensible to play Mario then mind given his history with Jose and Pepe's tendency to get wound up.

I think Balotelli did well today though.

I suspect he'll start midweek against Madrid though. May have been more sensible to play Mario then mind given his history with Jose and Pepe's tendency to get wound up.

I think Balotelli did well today though.

I did not watch the game,but I saw some highlights.Dzeko is always dangerous when he plays.I was suprised that he did not come 10 or 20 minutes before the end,especially when I saw that Barry replaced Tevez.

And Dzeko always scores some key goals for City.

Will Aguero be ready for match vs Real Madrid?

I did not watch the game' date='but I saw some highlights.Dzeko is always dangerous when he plays.I was suprised that he did not come 10 or 20 minutes before the end,especially when I saw that Barry replaced Tevez.

And Dzeko always scores some key goals for City.

Will Aguero be ready for match vs Real Madrid?[/quote']

I agree that he should have been introduced earlier.

Tevez was playing off Balotelli in an AM role so Yaya was shifted forwards and Barry put into DM with Garcia.

He won't be fit to start but he might make the bench. Mancini hinted that he'd have had to play some part today to prove his fitness for the Madrid match though.

How did Maicon play? You have 3 very good right B.Should be interesting to see who will have adventage.

To be honest It isn't a big suprised that City did not win today.They are always playing good at home.

He was excellent going forwards but left his spot at the back too open at times. That's OK against Stoke who had Adam on the wing but against better and even other teams, it'll cost us. I suspect that we'll tend to use the 532 with any used as the right wing back and potentially Zaba and/or Richards in the central 3.

He was excellent going forwards but left his spot at the back too open at times. That's OK against Stoke who had Adam on the wing but against better and even other teams' date=' it'll cost us. I suspect that we'll tend to use the 532 with any used as the right wing back and potentially Zaba and/or Richards in the central 3.[/quote']

ie Tottenham :P

Can't wait for the game tonight! :D

It'll be interesting to see who dominates, hopefully it'll be like Bayern - Madrid which was end to end stuff.

How do you think you'll approach the game?

Try and go toe to toe with them, defend and hit them on the counter, or something else...?

It'll be interesting to see who dominates' date=' hopefully it'll be like Bayern - Madrid which was end to end stuff.

Try and go toe to toe with them, defend and hit them on the counter, or something else...?[/quote']

I dont care how they do it as long as City get a result....for nothing else than I absolutely despise Mourinho and I get great satisfaction from seeing the egotistical, arrogant so and so suffering.

No doubting he is a great manager but everything about him just rubs me up the wrong way, his behavouir and arrogance at times is an insult to the beautiful game.

Personally I can see Mancini reverting to Italian old-school tactics, play deep and just try and hit on the counter, hope I am wrong though :)

It'll be interesting to see who dominates' date=' hopefully it'll be like Bayern - Madrid which was end to end stuff.

Try and go toe to toe with them, defend and hit them on the counter, or something else...?[/quote']

I'm just hoping for a strong referee - Madrid and Barcelona like to intimidate refs, and Mourinhos sides are reknowned for enjoying some fiesty challenges whilst trying to dive their way to freekicks.

I dont care how they do it as long as City get a result....for nothing else than I absolutely despise Mourinho and I get great satisfaction from seeing the egotistical' date=' arrogant so and so suffering.

No doubting he is a great manager but everything about him just rubs me up the wrong way, his behavouir and arrogance at times is an insult to the beautiful game.

Personally I can see Mancini reverting to Italian old-school tactics, play deep and just try and hit on the counter, hope I am wrong though :)[/quote']

Being a Chelsea fan, i'm a big fan of Mou but then again I view Mou with slightly blue tinted glasses on ;).

Me too, although I hope it doesn't happen, I really want a good game.

I'm just hoping for a strong referee - Madrid and Barcelona like to intimidate refs' date=' and Mourinhos sides are reknowned for enjoying some fiesty challenges whilst trying to dive their way to freekicks.[/quote']

Are Madrid really that bad? I know about Barca but I didn't think Real had that much of a rep. Then again, I don't watch them too often.

Being a Chelsea fan' date=' i'm a big fan of Mou but then again I view Mou with slightly blue tinted glasses on ;).

Me too, although I hope it doesn't happen, I really want a good game.[/quote']

Dont worry most of my family are Chelsea fans, Im used to those blue-tinted glasses

My Father so often calls me his biggest dissapointment in life (Liverpool fan) :P

Just hope City are prepered for all that pre-game specified rolling about and play-antics that Mourinho gets Madrid to employ so gracefully :rolleyes:

It aint just Mourinho, but I cant stand Ronaldo, Pepe and Marcelo in particular and seeing City compound there La Liga misery at present would be fantastic.

Either which way hope it is a great game, not much of a debate on my TV tonight...

Madrid V City or Montpellier V Arsenal.......

Umm :P