Official Manchester City Thread

JuniorBlue

Re: Official Manchester City Thread

Dont worry most of my family are Chelsea fans' date=' Im used to those blue-tinted glasses

My Father so often calls me his biggest dissapointment in life (Liverpool fan) :P

Just hope City are prepered for all that pre-game specified rolling about and play-antics that Mourinho gets Madrid to employ so gracefully :rolleyes:

It aint just Mourinho, but I cant stand Ronaldo, Pepe and Marcelo in particular and seeing City compound there La Liga misery at present would be fantastic.

Either which way hope it is a great game, not much of a debate on my TV tonight...

Madrid V City or Montpellier V Arsenal.......

Umm :P[/quote']

Haha :P, so if your family all support Chelsea, what made you support Liverpool?

Probably my blue-tinted/anti-Barca glasses again but I havn't seen Madrid doing too much of that :P.

See I love watching Ronaldo play, imo, he's a ridiculously complete attacker who has little weaknesses. I didn't like him when he was at United but since he's joined Real i've really started to appreciate him.

Haha yeah :P, have any team sheets been confirmed?

Haha :P' date=' so if your family all support Chelsea, what made you support Liverpool?

Probably my blue-tinted/anti-Barca glasses again but I havn't seen Madrid doing too much of that :P.

See I love watching Ronaldo play, imo, he's a ridiculously complete attacker who has little weaknesses. I didn't like him when he was at United but since he's joined Real i've really started to appreciate him.

Haha yeah :P, have any team sheets been confirmed?[/quote']

My mum is a Liverpool fan and I fell in love with Liverpool when my dad took me to see Chelsea V Liverpool Dec 16 1989 at Stamford Bridge ended 5-2 to Liverpool, Barnes, Beardesley, Aldridge was glorious, fell in man-love and never regretted my decision.

Apart from my family/daughter/dogs Liverpool is the love of my life :P

Yep Madrid sensibly drop Marcelo, although Essien starting is a surprise, not surprised to see Modric start instead of Ozil who has been off the pace so far this season.

Maicon starts which is a surprise to me (is Zabaleta Injured?? Nastajic is the big surprise what a baptism of fire!)) other than that the city side is as I expected really

My mum is a Liverpool fan and I fell in love with Liverpool when my dad took me to see Chelsea V Liverpool Dec 16 1989 at Stamford Bridge ended 5-2 to Liverpool' date=' Barnes, Beardesley, Aldridge was glorious, fell in man-love and never regretted my decision.

Yep Madrid sensibly drop Marcelo, although Essien starting is a surprise, not surprised to see Modric start instead of Ozil who has been off the pace so far this season.

Maicon starts which is a surprise to me (is Zabaleta Injured?? Nastajic is the big surprise what a baptism of fire!)) other than that the city side is as I expected really[/quote']

Oh :P, I can see why your dad is so annoyed at your choice haha :P. I'd be gutted if in the future I took my future son to see Chelsea v Man U and he came back supporting United!

Also surprised to see Essien start but really hope he does well, he's a really nice guy who does a lot of charity work. Shocked Nasta is starting too but then again Varane is starting for Real!

Going to close down some windows to watch the game on itv player, my internet has been really slow recently.

Are Madrid really that bad? I know about Barca but I didn't think Real had that much of a rep. Then again' date=' I don't watch them too often.[/quote']

You can't be serious? Suppose you haven't seen their matches then. They are the worse of the two, by far.

My mum is a Liverpool fan and I fell in love with Liverpool when my dad took me to see Chelsea V Liverpool Dec 16 1989 at Stamford Bridge ended 5-2 to Liverpool' date=' Barnes, Beardesley, Aldridge was glorious, fell in man-love and never regretted my decision.

Maicon starts which is a surprise to me (is Zabaleta Injured?? Nastajic is the big surprise what a baptism of fire!)) other than that the city side is as I expected really[/quote']

Exactly one year before i was born. It was an omen.

Haha! This is like when you played at Bayern: you look like a youth team. Like always when you play against a really big team. And yet you dominate England so easily. I say this once again: Mancini is not the measure to the task he is given. He has never been top level manager and will never be. Whenever he should rise to a challenge, he makes it look like he knew nothing about tactic.

Haha! This is like when you played at Bayern: you look like a youth team. Like always when you play against a really big team. And yet you dominate England so easily. I say this once again: Mancini is not the measure to the task he is given. He has never been top level manager and will never be. Whenever he should rise to a challenge' date=' he makes it look like he knew nothing about tactic.[/quote']

Stupid statement.

It would be really strange if this was the last goal of the match though. However, Sevilla got that kind of victory over Real, scoring and then defending. But that was a great tactical performance, this would be more like a fluke. More goals should be coming, to either end.

Hence 'counter attack' genius! :eek:

Did I ever say it wasn't? Genius :rolleyes:

Edit: However, there is one good point that comes up from discussing 'counter attack': it is not as if City had seriously played counter attacks, rather they have not got their attacks launched at all. But all of their attacks have been YaYa's runs.

Edit: didn't I say it, more goals coming. Mourinho made quite a change, from extremely physical Alonso-Essien-Khedira to extremely attacking Alonso-Modric-Özil.