Official Manchester City Thread

JuniorBlue

Re: Official Manchester City Thread

Team to play West Ham is: Hart' date=' K Toure, Kompany, Nastasic, Clichy, Milner, Y Toure, Nasri, Tevez, Dzeko, Balotelli.

No idea whether it'll be Kolo at RB, Milner at RWB in a 5 man defence or something else but that attacking line looks fun :)[/quote']

Barry in for Milner

Vettel demoted to back of the grid - that was the most interesting thing that happened during the WHU v City match to be fair

Really? excellent might make the championship interesting again.

As for your game what a borefest :o:o

You now sit behind the disgusting half of Manchester as well....not good for trolling ;)

Really? excellent might make the championship interesting again.

As for your game what a borefest :o:o

You now sit behind the disgusting half of Manchester as well....not good for trolling ;)

1. Yes - Vettel had no fuel left after quali - and got demoted to last place (FIA can't let the title end now - they have to keep it alive for Ferrari hehe)

2. It was an absolute borefest agreed - West Ham were anti football (Big Sam well done) and City were anti "any idea on how to score"

3. United league position never affects my ability to troll - that dodgy disallowed goal though might keep me schtum about referees for a few days though. :P;)

One PLUS from todays match - Nastasic has looked solid so far (compared to Savic, jelly looks solid though)

I still don't think he should be ahead of Lescott, but he hasn't made any stinking errors yet (that I can think of)

Such a feat is not possible' date=' plus your trolling amuses me[/quote']

It's not trolling - trolling is against the forum rules, and I for one would never wish to fall foul of the rules and cause work for our fantastic team of moderators ;):)

U MAD? PROBLEMOOOOOO?

TROLL2.gif

HEHEHEHE!

Performances like today are exactly why I'm unhappy with Mancini. It was obvious that West Ham were just going to defend in numbers to counter our passing game from the very start.

So why wait until the 90th minute to bring on someone like Sinclair who attacks much more directly? No plan B which is what I wanted from this season.

We're now 3 points off the lead and United's games have been far trickier than ours.

On another note, good to see that Micah's injury is apparently not as bad as first feared and nice to see Javi back in action.

I don't know what to think about that match. It seems like we have no Plan B. All away games that we play seems to follow in a similar pattern. We have the possession but the opposition defend in numbers and we are unable to break. Without Silva, it seems we are missing creativity. Nasri had a good game but wasn't threatening enough. Someone like Sinclair or Kolarov should have played due to their direct style. We need to be much more productive with our possession. We are yet to hit form this season but only being 3 points off the top is slightly encouraging. Nastasic had a great game too, only 19 but looks confident and assured. Mancini's substitutions are baffling. Keeping Dzeko on and not bringing on Sinclair on earlier.

Not going well is it' date=' 1-0 Ajax - sloppy defending really. Looks like your 80 minutes away from going out of the Champions League, and probably Europe all together.[/quote']

YESSS PLEASE, lets hope Ajax can hold on :P:p:p:p:p:p :eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:

who scored?

Absolute joke that we haven't won that. At least one terrible decision at the end and I personally don't think Kolarov was offside either.

Still, when you give away two goals that cheaply there is an argument that we didn't deserve anything. God awful defending once again from corners that also highlights again Mancini's inability to learn from his mistakes as we've made similar errors very recently.

Thought we came back well though and on the balance merited the win. We had far more possession, shots and worthwhile shots. Balotelli playing with desire is great to see and I wish he could play like that when he started games.

Absolute joke that we haven't won that. At least one terrible decision at the end and I personally don't think Kolarov was offside either.

Still' date=' when you give away two goals that cheaply there is an argument that we didn't deserve anything. God awful defending once again from corners that also highlights again Mancini's inability to learn from his mistakes as we've made similar errors very recently.

Thought we came back well though and on the balance merited the win. We had far more possession, shots and worthwhile shots. Balotelli playing with desire is great to see and I wish he could play like that when he started games.[/quote']

Personally I think that a fair few of the players have lost the 'hunger' they had last season. The PL was the 'challenge' and now that has been done they seem to be comfy on their £250k p/w contracts.

Hart, Kompany, Silva, Tevez, Balotelli, Nasri etc have been poor compared to the standards they have previously set.

Mancini, as you say, has been showing his tactical naivety yet again, however the players do not seem to be bailing him out this season.